Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Great news for the MCC also as it frees up the G in Summer and allows an earlier start to the AFL season.
I used to love watching shield games at the Junction.
Yeah Shield at the Junction was much more intimate.

Reading the deal it seems a win for more than just football.

Cricket will move to a less costly venue for 1st class games

MCG trust can utilise the G for other events from early January to March.

Football gets the G back in early March therefore helping the draw.

Saints get back to their heartland with decent coffee shops

Local community gets a boost.

All good BUT.....

The probably new government has signalled a redevelopment of the football ground at Ballarat.

If they do the right thing and scrap the idiot East West tunnel fiasco, they could free up 8 billion and redevelop every bloody ground in Victoria.

AFL have got the heavy hitters lined $10 mill from the AFL, $10 mill from cricket Australia, MCG trust on board, Port Philip council on board.

Even the Primary School across the road will benefit.

Exciting development.

Finnis and the board need to be congratulated.

Posted this 30th August.

East West will be scrapped, but still think Ballarat is a setback.

You are garbage - Enough said
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote: East West will be scrapped, but still think Ballarat is a setback.
So is fact Dan Andrews has promised $70 million to upgrade Geelong's Simonds Stadium to "give the stadium new life " :shock: :(

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote: East West will be scrapped, but still think Ballarat is a setback.
So is fact Dan Andrews has promised $70 million to upgrade Geelong's Simonds Stadium to "give the stadium new life " :shock: :(
called pork barrelling...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bergsone
SS Life Member

Never believe what pollies say.So anything can happen.............or nothing

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

"The Victorian Labor party has pledged $25 million to fund a Victorian cricket and community centre at Junction Oval should it win government."

No mention of football.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/ ... 1j0lk.html

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Worries me the thought of a party that gave us Desal and went way over budget for Myki could possibly be in power again so soon.

Come on Dennis!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Fidelis
Club Player

Chloe Saltau this morning claims the the Andrews Labour party have promised money to upgrade the Junction for cricket should they win the next election but the Libs proposal to include St Kilda FC in the upgrade could be scrapped. Apparently AFL would receive enough from the initiative by just regaining March access to the MCG!

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/ ... 1j0xu.html

Faithful Even Unto Death
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Vote 1 Tex Perkins.

Always loyal
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Always loyal
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:Worries me the thought of a party that gave us Desal and went way over budget for Myki could possibly be in power again so soon.

Come on Dennis!
Next time we have a drought, you will be on your knees begging for the water :roll:

Napthine is gone and so is his bogus East West link so people can get to the airport five minutes quicker.

Worst govt in Victorian history is this current one term joke.

Only problem is that Ballarat is going to scupper the return to the Junction Oval.

This will only be a memory come Nov 30th. Might as well close this thread now.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Worries me the thought of a party that gave us Desal and went way over budget for Myki could possibly be in power again so soon.

Come on Dennis!
worries you...scares the beejees out of me

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Fidelis wrote:Chloe Saltau this morning claims the the Andrews Labour party have promised money to upgrade the Junction for cricket should they win the next election but the Libs proposal to include St Kilda FC in the upgrade could be scrapped. Apparently AFL would receive enough from the initiative by just regaining March access to the MCG!

The original AFL proposal DID NOT have St Kilda FC at the Junction Oval. It had us at some backwater Oval across the road. Yes, we would be "sharing" some of the facilities at JO but only as the poor second cousin to cricket. I would much prefer that we have a "STAND ALONE" facility !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

If Cricket Victoria don't need AFL cash would they still be open to sharing the Junction training space?
Presumably not.

So either we go it alone with cash from the AFL and the Saints elusive "money men" if we can use the adjacent oval, or we upgrade Seaford, or we try to somehow reboot Moorabbin.

Interesting that the Hawks are looking to build their own new massive facility as Waverley is already too small for them. Do we have space to expand Seaford? And is the Moorabbin upgrade set in stone or can we become part of the revamp?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:If Cricket Victoria don't need AFL cash would they still be open to sharing the Junction training space?
Presumably not.

So either we go it alone with cash from the AFL and the Saints elusive "money men" if we can use the adjacent oval, or we upgrade Seaford, or we try to somehow reboot Moorabbin.

Interesting that the Hawks are looking to build their own new massive facility as Waverley is already too small for them. Do we have space to expand Seaford? And is the Moorabbin upgrade set in stone or can we become part of the revamp?
The romantic in me says MOORABBIN. The space is there (all the way up to the corner of South Road). Would only need 1 oval as we would be there during the day and others would be able to use it in their traditional spot; after 4.00pm !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Come on Dennis!
How do you guys manage to perceive a difference between the parties? They're all the same. Mates get helped out, major projects run well over budget, knee-jerk laws are made because of something that hits the front page of the paper, "security" and "intelligence" are above scrutiny, etc.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:

Come on Dennis!
How do you guys manage to perceive a difference between the parties? They're all the same. Mates get helped out, major projects run well over budget, knee-jerk laws are made because of something that hits the front page of the paper, "security" and "intelligence" are above scrutiny, etc.

Exactly.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Fidelis wrote:Chloe Saltau this morning claims the the Andrews Labour party have promised money to upgrade the Junction for cricket should they win the next election but the Libs proposal to include St Kilda FC in the upgrade could be scrapped. Apparently AFL would receive enough from the initiative by just regaining March access to the MCG!

The original AFL proposal DID NOT have St Kilda FC at the Junction Oval. It had us at some backwater Oval across the road. Yes, we would be "sharing" some of the facilities at JO but only as the poor second cousin to cricket. I would much prefer that we have a "STAND ALONE" facility !!

right on...we were second best for over half a century at the junction oval.....the destitute minor rellies.....flower that...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

60 years at the JO. Nothing wrong with Ian Johnson Oval. Only issue is the $24 million

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:

Come on Dennis!

Exactly.
If you two cant tell the difference between the two, I feel sorry for your abject ignorance.

And no I wont tell you, it is not my responsibility to educate you.

At least sainstpremiers and stinger have a position, even if I vehemently disagree with them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:

Come on Dennis!

Exactly.
If you two cant tell the difference between the two, I feel sorry for your abject ignorance.

At least sainstpremiers and stinger have a position, even if I vehemently disagree with them.

Well I don't have a position. Shoot me. And thanks for not boring me with education on politics because I have better things to do like go to the toilet. You amaze me with your knowledge though BM. And I couldn't give a rats if you think im ignorant.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Any worker who votes Liberal is a masochist.

saint6709
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:

Come on Dennis!

Exactly.

Well I don't have a position. Shoot me. And thanks for not boring me with education on politics because I have better things to do like go to the toilet. You amaze me with your knowledge though BM. And I couldn't give a rats if you think im ignorant.
Got to agree with Plugger on this - a hell of a lot of mud throwing and broken promises - but the difference between the ideologies and policies seems to be pretty slim from what I can see - we live in a nanny state and both parties are pretty happy with that

saint-stu
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:Any worker who votes Liberal is a masochist.
Define worker

1ac46a38
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

This has been a good thread, without the politics.

There's a whole separate forum for that.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

HitTheBoundary wrote:This has been a good thread, without the politics.

There's a whole separate forum for that.
But HTB, politics is very relevant in to this topic.

Under the (once was) Liberal government and our new AFL grand high poobah... the plan, the funding and the keenness are there.

A change of government doesn't need to upset that little apple cart... State ALP leader Daniel Andrews is a Sainta, the local (Federal) ALP member Michael Danby is a mad Sainta, and our man in the top job at the AFL will still be there, regardless of who wins the election...

I'm sure that a suitable outcome can be achieved. :wink:

And I'm pretty sure that Tex is a Sainta too. 8-)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: