Draft Notes...from the Redeemers' Eyes and Ears...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Draft Notes...from the Redeemers' Eyes and Ears...

Batnoe wrote:Richo also said the next draft is light on for talls and will get mids next year .
It's been (rightly) pointed out to me that the kids are closely watched from about U12s, but I still don't get how we can be so sure of what's available 12, let alone 24 months out...?

Just look at that draft order fro 12 months out for this 2014, that was recently posted on here... about 1/4 to 1/3 of those blokes we've never heard of... where'd they go...?

Perceptions of what types will be available, and of depth, constantly change.

Batnoe wrote:Really liked both Mccartin and petracca, we won't be disappointed and thinks will be the best fwd in 5 years.
Was this before or after those psych tests showed that Christian is a actually a psycho, and before or after he told us we're crap, and he'll be jumping ship for the Skunks after two seasons...?

(That's a serious question.)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Batnoe
Club Player

I spoke to him 20 mins before the draft,so after.

After watching more in Petracca he sounds like a narcissist anyway

Carn Saints
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
Batnoe wrote:Richo also said the next draft is light on for talls and will get mids next year .
It's been (rightly) pointed out to me that the kids are closely watched from about U12s, but I still don't get how we can be so sure of what's available 12, let alone 24 months out...?
You cannot be sure.

ie
1/ Goddard was touted last year as a possible No 1 and went 21.
2/ Petracca was originally key forward but swapped to hf/mid when height wise he was left behind.

So it is just what is more probable.

Also we may or may not be last.

ie

Essendon players cop a 12 month ban
Blues traded for, and drafted smokies all turn out to be busts, Judds hammys continue and they spiral lower than the bad year they had last year
All the Saints golden oldies stay on the park and have great years. Roo stars, Gilbert goes AA and Sam Fisher relishes supporting Delaney.Steven back in town and Joey gets his 2013 form back with Acres having a good year on top of Dunstan and Armo. Membrey becomes the third forward we have yearned for since Hamill.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fingers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
felix wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:Mind my ignorance but how do you get this sort of access? Who are you?
A person who tells fibs.
No Plugger.

I chatted with both Richardson and Gillon prior to the Draft beginning last night.

Now I remember speaking to you.

Omg blow me down with a feather p66 is Gillion . Should have known .

Sorry but you are wrong. I am AR.
AR? Another Redeemer?

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Dave McNamara wrote:

Just look at that draft order fro 12 months out for this 2014, that was recently posted on here... about 1/4 to 1/3 of those blokes we've never heard of... where'd they go...?

Batnoe wrote:Really liked both Mccartin and petracca, we won't be disappointed and thinks will be the best fwd in 5 years.
Was this before or after those psych tests showed that Christian is a actually a psycho, and before or after he told us we're crap, and he'll be jumping ship for the Skunks after two seasons...?

I'm a bit out of the loop (overseas) but I keep hearing about Petracca's infamous psych test ... how much of this is true?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:

I'm a bit out of the loop (overseas) but I keep hearing about Petracca's infamous psych test ... how much of this is true?

Again im going with 100% rubbish.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Also Lenny turned down a role at the Saints. He begins at the AFL tomorrow and Richo did not delve into it too much probably because we did not really care or as why.

He will continue to mentor Dunstan and ideally a few other of the mids however that is where it begins and ends.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:

It's about as bad as BJ's hip that was going to force him to retire 1 year into a 4 year deal with Essendon after he decided to jump ship, making us the trade/draft winners.
Put simply, it's rubbish.

TwoTowers2015

Sobraz wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote: I'm a bit out of the loop (overseas) but I keep hearing about Petracca's infamous psych test ... how much of this is true?
It's about as bad as BJ's hip that was going to force him to retire 1 year into a 4 year deal with Essendon after he decided to jump ship, making us the trade/draft winners.
Sorry but you are wrong Sobraz, It is 100% true. As one of the many who was expecting us to take Petracca, I was very disappointed when I heard about it but I also knew it meant we were unlikely to take the risk with McCartin and Brayshaw around the same level. I don't know anything about the 'wanting to go to the Pies in 2 years' but he performed very poorly in multiple psych tests. Well known many weeks before the draft but finally confirmed in the Age the day prior to the draft:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/trading-an ... 1u8bh.html

You can also find, since that report (where every recruiter they spoke to raised the psych testing), Petracca saying he is not going to change his 'bubbly' personality but I believe it is probably more serious than just a 'bubbly' personality. Maybe 'bubbly' means "I am the best and I just don't give a s***"

TwoTowers2015

TwoTowers2015 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote: I'm a bit out of the loop (overseas) but I keep hearing about Petracca's infamous psych test ... how much of this is true?
Sorry but you are wrong Sobraz, It is 100% true. As one of the many who was expecting us to take Petracca, I was very disappointed when I heard about it but I also knew it meant we were unlikely to take the risk with McCartin and Brayshaw around the same level. I don't know anything about the 'wanting to go to the Pies in 2 years' but he performed very poorly in multiple psych tests. Well known many weeks before the draft but finally confirmed in the Age the day prior to the draft:

"All recruiters raised the issue of the pyschologist's profile of Petracca. Some mentioned it in passing, stating they would not be put off by it. Others were more concerned. Would he be a management issue? Would he fit in? Was he big-headed? How would he deal with the pressure of being pick one?"

You can also find, since that report (where every recruiter they spoke to raised the psych testing), Petracca saying he is not going to change his 'bubbly' personality but I believe it is probably more serious than just a 'bubbly' personality. Maybe 'bubbly' means "I am the best and I just don't give a s***"

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

TwoTowers2015 wrote:
TwoTowers2015 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

"All recruiters raised the issue of the pyschologist's profile of Petracca. Some mentioned it in passing, stating they would not be put off by it. Others were more concerned. Would he be a management issue? Would he fit in? Was he big-headed? How would he deal with the pressure of being pick one?"

Well it worked for the duck..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Just wait on BJ's hip. Any day now. My mail is it won't end his career, but it will hamper him and require very close monitoring. Apparently he struggled with it in the second half of this year. Didn't gave a great one, did he? As for Petracca, he's a cocky young guy whose testing indicated he has a very healthy sense of self. Let the group sort him out. They will. He'll still probably try and piss off to the filth after two years!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Christian can't be totally full of himself.

He was a gun marking power forward, till he found that he wasn't going to be tall enough. (I remember going to school with a bloke a bit like that... best player in the school, played CHF. Despite being a Sainta, he was zoned to the Tuggers. :( Played one night match for 'em... was only about flanker-sized in the then VFL...)

But unlike Michael, Christian has turned himself into a power on-baller.

So that means that Christian was prepared to face the looming reality, and he put in the work to boost his endurance...

that's not the attitude usually associated with a total up-himself-I-am-a-footy-god-narcissist...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Dave McNamara wrote:Christian can't be totally full of himself.

He was a gun marking power forward, till he found that he wasn't going to be tall enough. (I remember going to school with a bloke a bit like that... best player in the school, played CHF. Despite being a Sainta, he was zoned to the Tuggers. :( Played one night match for 'em... was only about flanker-sized in the then VFL...)

So that means that Christian was prepared to face the looming reality, and he put in the work to boost his endurance...

that's not the attitude usually associated with a total up-himself-I-am-a-footy-god-narcissist...
Agreed. if anything, it makes the kid even more draft-able and is a great reason why he went at pick 2. For a kid to put obvious effort into getting better, much better - that makes him a good'un.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Dave McNamara wrote:Christian can't be totally full of himself.

You've got it all wrong. We didn't draft him, therefore he's a gumby. Quite simple really.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.