Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

White Winmar wrote:Enough already! Let's just head back to Moorabbin and be done with it!
This.

JO seems dead, Elsternwick will be a s.hit fight with Melbourne, Moorabbin is being redeveloped for a stand alone seconds team.

Would seem logical.

You are garbage - Enough said
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

In yachting parlance, we have now run head-on into a storm at Junction Oval, with no game-changing funding support in the Saints case, the lack of any Political will for us to go there and Cricket Victoria dead against it happening - plus the usual "local residents" against the move.

Elsternwick Park seems to be a similar political quagmire, with so many different interests at play. Nothing will happen there for years.

It seems that the most practical outcome will be to get something happening, "right now" (I'll take "soon"), at Moorabbin. That way, we can move ahead in a positive way for a change. The seemingly never-ending discussion about where/when we should make our new home, is not helping the consolidation of the Club.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Well said JO! Your points are reasoned and logical, and very well articulated. I concur!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Looks like we can all exhale on any plan of going back to the Junction. Whilst it doesn't come as a huge surprise, it seems a shame. I can't imagine Elsternwick being any more of a home than Seaford. Melbourne can have it, for all I care.

Yes, would also prefer the club to bide its time on any relocation plans and then (hopefully) move back to Linton Street in the not so distant future.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The Bayside Club?

Port Melbourne is at one end, Portsea is at the other. There is a place somewhere near the middle, it's called MOORABBIN !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The Bayside Club?

Port Melbourne is at one end, Portsea is at the other. There is a place somewhere near the middle, it's called MOORABBIN !!
Certainly some truth in that. Moorabbin is fairly centrally located for geography and population for Saints fans.
But one could also lodge an argument that the status quo isnt ok. But thats probably not the fault of a postcode. More like too many muppets running the joint over the years.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Moorabin is too far gone. It is in the same state as seaford only 50 years more run down. The main building is all that remains and looks like crap. The limited car parking is now parkland so the place would hardly fit the players and staff. It's not an option either. Elsterwick is at least operational. It is capable of a vfl type crowd now with little upgrading and has room to develop.

saint6709
Club Player

I was all for the JO move - but I must say I don't mind the idea of Elsternwick Park - unlike others on here I only have good memories of it - I lived around the corner for a number of years and my old man is VAFA since the 1950's - re good memories there was possibly none better than when I happened to be standing pretty well next to a girl who decided she was going to streak at the rockdogs vs the espy match a few years back - took her kit off right there.

I think the side entrance is St Kilda st ? that would be a good address for our administration.

In a perfect world someone might tip in some funds to purchase the Elsternwick hotel as our social club - great exposure on Nepean highway - last stop on the tram if I remember - right across the road from the ground

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Moorabin is too far gone. It is in the same state as seaford only 50 years more run down. The main building is all that remains and looks like crap. The limited car parking is now parkland so the place would hardly fit the players and staff. It's not an option either. Elsterwick is at least operational. It is capable of a vfl type crowd now with little upgrading and has room to develop.
I guess that 's why the government, council and club will stick millions into Moorabbin to bring it up to scratch. :roll:

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:I was all for the JO move - but I must say I don't mind the idea of Elsternwick Park - unlike others on here I only have good memories of it - I lived around the corner for a number of years and my old man is VAFA since the 1950's - re good memories there was possibly none better than when I happened to be standing pretty well next to a girl who decided she was going to streak at the rockdogs vs the espy match a few years back - took her kit off right there.

I think the side entrance is St Kilda st ? that would be a good address for our administration.

In a perfect world someone might tip in some funds to purchase the Elsternwick hotel as our social club - great exposure on Nepean highway - last stop on the tram if I remember - right across the road from the ground

I think the side entrance means jack and I don't think its stkilda st anyway. Why would we to elsernwick park. Rather save money and stay in seaford.

70s sainter
Club Player

It took me all of five seconds to see that the side street is actually called Stkilda St.
Anyway if we ended up with a large complex at this address you could do a lot worse. ie tullamarine, Waverley ......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

70s sainter wrote:It took me all of five seconds to see that the side street is actually called Stkilda St.
Anyway if we ended up with a large complex at this address you could do a lot worse. ie tullamarine, Waverley ......

It took me 30 years to realise they normally shut that entrance. We could do much better completely ignoring the place and leaving it to the great ammos.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saint6709 wrote:I was all for the JO move - but I must say I don't mind the idea of Elsternwick Park - unlike others on here I only have good memories of it - I lived around the corner for a number of years and my old man is VAFA since the 1950's - re good memories there was possibly none better than when I happened to be standing pretty well next to a girl who decided she was going to streak at the rockdogs vs the espy match a few years back - took her kit off right there.

I think the side entrance means jack and I don't think its stkilda st anyway. Why would we to elsernwick park. Rather save money and stay in seaford.
yeah but youd also prefer we remained small, s***, local, on the bottom and filled with 4th rate mediocrity so you can continue the only thing keeping your fragile unemployed virgin ego alive - the fraud that you are a saints insider.

arghh yes. is that the sound of one hand clapping?

<2nd warning issued within 7 days for continuing dispute.>

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

yeah but youd also prefer we remained small, s***, local, on the bottom and filled with 4th rate mediocrity so you can continue the only thing keeping your fragile unemployed virgin ego alive - the fraud that you are a saints insider.

arghh yes. is that the sound of one hand clapping?

Con you obviously have issues. Please seek help. Should I do what you do and say you stalk me. No I wont do that because your posts are clearly so sill it isn't worth the effort. By the way Con I haven't spoken to you for a week. Do you have any friends at the 3 houses you have been to since. Dead.

<2nd warning issued within 7 days for continuing dispute.>

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I stated that your posts are like the sound of one hand clapping which is a literary reference. But a more appropriate metaphor is the sight of one hand pulling.

amazing how u respond to all my posts in under 30 seconds . speaks for itself.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I stated that your posts are like the sound of one hand clapping which is a literary reference. But a more appropriate metaphor is the sight of one hand pulling.

amazing how u respond to all my posts in under 30 seconds . speaks for itself.

So you are saying I am masturbating? Interesting. Yep I responded to your posts quickly because you, out of the blue, personally attacked me but you see that as ok but aren't happy I responded quickly. Wow. That really makes no sense. What time did you get up this morning to move?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Con and Plugger

You are both on 2 warnings inside 7 days and if you continue to breach the rule below after this fair warning then I shall issue the third warning and impose the ban.

RULES SPECIFY:
Vigorous debate and friendly banter on St. Kilda Football Club matters is encouraged, as long as there is respect for each other’s opinions. No matter how much you disagree, or dismiss the worth of any opinion posted, or dismiss the worth of the poster in your eyes, your response must be respectful. Argue the facts. Post an opposing opinion. Do NOT make commentary about the poster - ONLY the post. If you tease, mock or bait another poster, or abuse them, OR repeatedly revisit past disagreements causing or creating an ongoing dispute between one or more posters, this is regarded as a breach of rules in the Fan Forum and will result in the issuing of a Saintsational warning. Such ongoing disputes can result in multiple breaches and can result in multiple Saintsational warnings.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Con and Plugger

You are both on 2 warnings inside 7 days and if you continue to breach the rule below after this fair warning then I shall issue the third warning and impose the ban.

RULES SPECIFY:
Vigorous debate and friendly banter on St. Kilda Football Club matters is encouraged, as long as there is respect for each other’s opinions. No matter how much you disagree, or dismiss the worth of any opinion posted, or dismiss the worth of the poster in your eyes, your response must be respectful. Argue the facts. Post an opposing opinion. Do NOT make commentary about the poster - ONLY the post. If you tease, mock or bait another poster, or abuse them, OR repeatedly revisit past disagreements causing or creating an ongoing dispute between one or more posters, this is regarded as a breach of rules in the Fan Forum and will result in the issuing of a Saintsational warning. Such ongoing disputes can result in multiple breaches and can result in multiple Saintsational warnings.

Again incorrect. Please apologise for spreading incorrect information.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Dave McNamara wrote:This Elsternwick Park thing has to be a joke, right(?)

This is the long game we're playing. CV will eventually wake up to the mutual advantages of working with us.

JO all the way. 8-)

There's certainly still a long way to go. The major players are yet to enter the ring. Make no mistake, the Saints will make a big play for the Junction with some heavy artillery behind them. It just may be later rather than sooner.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:

This is the long game we're playing. CV will eventually wake up to the mutual advantages of working with us.

JO all the way. 8-)

There's certainly still a long way to go. The major players are yet to enter the ring. Make no mistake, the Saints will make a big play for the Junction with some heavy artillery behind them. It just may be later rather than sooner.

Sounds very doubtful to me. The big players are big players because they want to make money and do make money. There is no money in the JO. It will be for cricket only. Why would they even mention Elsternwick if that was the case. I don't think we are trying to trick anyone.

You obviously go and watch training a fair bit but I reckon you may have overheard a false rumour because it makes no sense big players wanting to be involved in the JO.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
loris wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm of the opinion that IF we have to relocate ( AGAIN :roll: ) then it should be to a venue where we have a modicum of ownership! Moorabbin for mine. Happy New Year to all, by the way!
I've got a paddock up at Wandiligong in NE Victoria they can use................. I'm a Saints member.......... will that suffice as a modicum of ownership for the Saints to relocate to jiggster????????????? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
We could use the Wandi pub as our social club. Does it still go off on a Friday night, Loris? :D
I'm sure it does WW, I'm sure it does....... alas I haven't been back there for years.

Do you know that Godzowne little valley WW?

The late hubby's ancestral home sits on your left as you come over the rise of road into Wandi where the Wandiligong sign is. Delightfully quaint, old brick miners cottage set back from the road surrounded by huge ancient chestnut trees. There always were artists encamped outside the house doing a plein air paintings of the picturesque scene. Actually, as I type this post, I look upon a painting of the cottage on my study wall, painted by an old Wandi local who gave it to us for our wedding present.

Aaah lovely memories of a wonderful valley. When we used to escape up there at least for a week-end every couple of months to rid ourselves of the stress of Melbourne and work. The hubby, at dusk, when 'the hatch' was on, would wade into Morse's Creek, catch a few rainbow trout then we would walk down to the Wandi Pub and they would cook your feed for you - that was the habit for many locals, take your catch down to the pub and let them prepare the meal for you and who ever would want to share it with you. Such simple, inclusive times of a wonderful community, where the pub and the footy oval were the hub of all community activities.

'though in the 70's we had to fight to keep the valley safe from the vandals.
The 'chattering classes' aka vandals, from Melbourne started noticing the area (close to the ski fields etc) and began building inappropriate brick veneer (yucky, yuck) suburban holiday houses to blight the landscape. Eventually Wandi was saved, as the valley was protected by being granted an area of historical significance, so thankfully some building standards were set before the greed of the vandals set in.

I'm sure by now the pub has become a little more 'up market'. And, it is required to adhere to health regulations, observe safety standards and only allow a certain number of patrons to be 'sardined' inside its walls at one time and, ofcourse uphold the safe serving of liquor regs!!!!!!

Times and standards move on eh? Some gains, many losses?? All depends on one's point of view.
Like your good self, Loris, I haven't been back there for years. My brother in law's aunt had a house in Cobden Street in Bright that I helped renovate for a while and we'd make our way up there on weekends. In a reversal of work before play, we'd head to the Wandi on the Friday night. Free bar snacks and delicious, cold beer on tap drew in the crowd. At times it felt like the whole town of Bright was in the place. The Wandi "habit" ensured late starts on Saturday mornings! Alas, the house was sold and I haven't been back since. One of my best mates has been promoted to Superintendent at Wangarratta, so a visit is on the cards! I will report back!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The Bayside Club?

You obviously have no idea of geography. Port Melbourne is about 17kms from Moorabbin, Portsea is 86kms from Moorabbin.

I do however agree that Moorabbin is the place for us!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:

JO all the way. 8-)

Sounds very doubtful to me. The big players are big players because they want to make money and do make money. There is no money in the JO. It will be for cricket only. Why would they even mention Elsternwick if that was the case. I don't think we are trying to trick anyone.

You obviously go and watch training a fair bit but I reckon you may have overheard a false rumour because it makes no sense big players wanting to be involved in the JO.
The big players will make money Plugger, that's what they're waiting for. Just a little bit of clever manipulation of some ancient planning laws. Progress stops for no one. And the Saints will be waiting.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:

JO all the way. 8-)

The big players will make money Plugger, that's what they're waiting for. Just a little bit of clever manipulation of some ancient planning laws. Progress stops for no one. And the Saints will be waiting.

Well you say that but it still doesn't make any sense at all. For the big players to make money it needs games and lets imagine we live in fantasyland and they have footy there well history suggests only one person can make money on a footy ground that is privately owned and it wont be the tenant otherwise whats the point. If that is wrong than explain the other options. Its rubbish because common sense and history tells us its rubbish. And supporters don't know the real stories anyway.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Moorabin is too far gone. It is in the same state as seaford only 50 years more run down. The main building is all that remains and looks like crap. The limited car parking is now parkland so the place would hardly fit the players and staff. It's not an option either. Elsterwick is at least operational. It is capable of a vfl type crowd now with little upgrading and has room to develop.
There is absolutely no car parking at Elsternwick Park. Have any of you ever been there?

It is not up to VFL standard and has no room to develop.

Why would we want to share with cricket at Junction Oval, or with golf at Elsternwick Park, when we can have a regional footy centre at Moorabbin?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell