NAB 1 at Burpengary - team and Transmission

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

NAB 1 at Burpengary - team and Transmission

Burpengary currently under water so drainage will be tested
1 week out

Would seem Saints have at least 22 available ( are there extended benches?)
Are mature players more likely to play 1 of their 2 likely games vs Brisbane rather than wait for game againts the Bombers 2nd 22
Last edited by saintbrat on Sat 28 Feb 2015 8:45am, edited 2 times in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: NAB 1 at Burpengary

saintbrat wrote:Burpengary currently under water so drainage will be tested
1 week out

Would seem Saints have at least 22 available ( are there extended benches?)
Are mature players more likely to play 1 of their 2 likely games vs Brisbane rather than wait for game against the Bombers 2nd 22
My guess would be we play a close to full strength side in Game 1 with some experimentation in positions.

Game 2 we should use mostly kids versus a top-up side - true trial game to see what the kids can do.

Game 3 will be all be about preparation and getting game time for those who need it like Roo and Steven. Conventional positions mainly.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I would think game one will be mostly kids and then build from there. I certainly hope so anyway.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

I'm certainly hoping that I get to see the kids play next weekend. I can't understand why we would be playing a full strength side in practice match 1.

Forecast looks reasonable at this stage for the next week, so drainage shouldn't be an issue.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:I'm certainly hoping that I get to see the kids play next weekend. I can't understand why we would be playing a full strength side in practice match 1.

Forecast looks reasonable at this stage for the next week, so drainage shouldn't be an issue.
If it doesn't drain in a week then there are some serious issues, especially given 30 degree maximums eh bratty??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 3l1f9.html

is it no surprise that the saints feature in quite a number of these

and these
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-practi ... 3l2iq.html

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St.Roly
Club Player

Apologies if this has been noted elsewhere but it appears that there is to be no TV coverage of this game.

Bit disappointing not to see the first hit out.

Mackaysaint
Club Player

I believe the club will post footage of the match on the official website

Cogito ergo sum Furtius Quo Rdelius
stevie
Saintsational Legend

The rain from the ex cyclone has passed now, though it's still overcast. If it doesn't rain the rest of the week ( no guarantee) then the ground should be ok, mayb stil a bit heavy. That area copped it pretty bad with the rain and flooding and stuff.

We just had rain here no wind or anything.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:I'm certainly hoping that I get to see the kids play next weekend. I can't understand why we would be playing a full strength side in practice match 1.

If it doesn't drain in a week then there are some serious issues, especially given 30 degree maximums eh bratty??
You know how humid it is in summer in Queensland, right? Lucky to get a wet towel to dry in less than a couple of days. I wouldn't be surprised if it was still a bit soggy by next weekend.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

You know how humid it is in summer in Queensland, right? Lucky to get a wet towel to dry in less than a couple of days. I wouldn't be surprised if it was still a bit soggy by next weekend.
Yes I do I lived in Brisvegas for 2 years.

Melbourne is almost as humid the past 2 weeks grrr!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Humidity is minimal on the GC and Brissie in summer except mayb after a ton of rain. I laugh when people here say omg it's humid. I lived in Cairns for 13 years so I know what real humidity is lol.

My towels dry in an hour. Actually I'm washing some now. I will see how long they take if it doesn't rain again

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Humidity is minimal on the GC and Brissie in summer except mayb after a ton of rain. I laugh when people here say omg it's humid. I lived in Cairns for 13 years so I know what real humidity is lol.

My towels dry in an hour. Actually I'm washing some now. I will see how long they take if it doesn't rain again
I've got rellies up on the Sunshine Coast and they complain about the humidity non stop at this time of year. That said, they complain about everything.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
stevie wrote:Humidity is minimal on the GC and Brissie in summer except mayb after a ton of rain. I laugh when people here say omg it's humid. I lived in Cairns for 13 years so I know what real humidity is lol.

I've got rellies up on the Sunshine Coast and they complain about the humidity non stop at this time of year. That said, they complain about everything.
To be fair we do get the odd day of real humidity. A lot of people confuse humidity and heat. The GC and SC aren't really north enough. The proper humidity - where the air has a thicker feel starts about Mackay.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

According to plugs, they are related to me

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

bergholt wrote:

I'm on Sunny Coast, humidity is not that bad, couple of weeks in early Jan were muggy, that's about it.

I have also spent some time right up North in the cape, now that's muggy this time of the year.

Really, if weather is standard this week, ground will be fine.

I am really looking forward to this game, especially being able to watch at close range and at ground level, and hopefully watch our big forwards, Lee and White rip the Lions apart and receiving plenty of the ball from our youngsters upfield.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Mackaysaint wrote:I believe the club will post footage of the match on the official website
footage or a full live stream?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Im just guessing we play a reasonable strength side. I could be wrong. But my guess is based on two things:

1. Remembering back to last year.
2. Commercial reality. The club wont want to cop a drubbing during Membership season.

I do think the kids will get a full go in Game 2 though. Good opportunity.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Im just guessing we play a reasonable strength side. I could be wrong. But my guess is based on two things:

2. Commercial reality. The club wont want to cop a drubbing during Membership season.

You maybe correct Con, but I would've thought we'd start with mainly inexperience, and add the senior players as the NAB series progresses.

No idea how Lions will approach NAB, but I'd be disappointed if we cop a flogging from them. Other than a potentially good midfield they don't have a lot back or forward.

Maybe wishful thinking on my behalf, but I'm hoping for a competitive match.

One things certain, it'll be very warm.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

You maybe correct Con, but I would've thought we'd start with mainly inexperience, and add the senior players as the NAB series progresses.

No idea how Lions will approach NAB, but I'd be disappointed if we cop a flogging from them. Other than a potentially good midfield they don't have a lot back or forward.

Maybe wishful thinking on my behalf, but I'm hoping for a competitive match.

One things certain, it'll be very warm.
Well whoever runs out for us it will be great for you and a few of the Brisbane/GC crew to get along and see the players up close on that ground.
I would have liked to get there myself.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

I don't get your thinking. Game 2 is on TV, isn't it, game one isn't. Hope they don't do as suggested.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

I don't get your thinking. Game 2 is on TV, isn't it, game one isn't. Hope they don't do as suggested.
God youre an ordinary bloke. I agree the lack of TV coverage will mean they dont care so much about the 'show'.
But who cares? Its a praccy match. Hardly worth arguing or winning a point over. But you cant help yourself can you.
Im actually not 'suggesting' anything. Just discussing what team we might have out there in a casual manner. Exchanging ideas. Isnt this place an exchange of ideas? Its not about being 'right'. I merely put forward an idea that Richo is a bit conservative and during membership drive we wont want a drubbing. Big whoops. I didn't say I felt strongly about or even had any personal interest in it one way or the other - just said maybe that will affect their thinking. You are just a .... bloke. And if I cop a ban for saying so Im willing to cop it. Its just ridiculous. You cant have a soft leisurely conversation on here without you point scoring. Its so f*cking boring

<Mod edit. Warning issued for abuse>

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Is game 2 on TV??? Game 3 is. Assume near full strength team for game 3. I think they will rotate experienced players through game 1 and 2 depending on who is fit and ready.

I expect Riewoldt will play this weekend, then take a break and go again in round 3.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

God youre an ordinary bloke. I agree the lack of TV coverage will mean they dont care so much about the 'show'.
But who cares? Its a praccy match. Hardly worth arguing or winning a point over. But you cant help yourself can you.
Im actually not 'suggesting' anything. Just discussing what team we might have out there in a casual manner. Exchanging ideas. Isnt this place an exchange of ideas? Its not about being 'right'. I merely put forward an idea that Richo is a bit conservative and during membership drive we wont want a drubbing. Big whoops. I didn't say I felt strongly about or even had any personal interest in it one way or the other - just said maybe that will affect their thinking. You are just a ....... bloke. And if I cop a ban for saying so Im willing to cop it. Its just ridiculous. You cant have a soft leisurely conversation on here without you point scoring. Its so f*cking boring
<Mod edit. Poster warned for abuse>
Im an ordinary bloke because I don't agree with you. Con what is wring with you? Do you expect everyone to agree with you? And yes we discuss ideas. I disagree with your idea. My post was hardly having a go at the poster. matter of fact it wasn't. It was giving reasons why I don't think as you think. Logical reasons. Im an ordinary bloke and a s*** bloke because I think its logical to have younger kids in the first game than the second game. Wow Con you really need to lighten up. Points scoring. Seriously.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Is game 2 on TV??? Game 3 is. Assume near full strength team for game 3. I think they will rotate experienced players through game 1 and 2 depending on who is fit and ready.

I expect Riewoldt will play this weekend, then take a break and go again in round 3.

Yep that's your opinion. I wont say you are an ordinary bloke or a s*** bloke for having a different opinion to me. And surely game 2 is on TV. Someone must know. Morwell must have facilities for that surely.