Potential move back to Moorabin?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Potential move back to Moorabin?

loris wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:My grandparents lived South of South Rd and the beach side of the highway and for 40 years it was known as Moorabbin. It's now Hampton East, but in my book, anywhere across The Bluff is not Hampton!
Yes.
"There are some things you can't cover up with lipstick and powder".

And calling the east of Bluff Rd part of Moorabbin "East Hampton" is one of them.
But did wonders to property prices.

They did the same thing with part of Gardenvale becoming Brighton.
Yes and parts of Hawthorn becoming Kew. People love to climb the social ladder, and change of boundaries or re-naming suburbs with an East, South (rarely West or North) helps them puff their tiny chests out.................. or they add to the wrong side of the boundary suburb the extras such as................ Heights, Lakes etc
True but we have West Mebourne. Sounds better than East Kensington. Likewise West Footscray is better than East Sunshine

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

A friend's house in what was locally referred to as the Bronx (West Heidelberg) was rezoned as West Ivanhoe & value went up almost $200K overnight.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
True but we have West Mebourne. Sounds better than East Kensington. Likewise West Footscray is better than East Sunshine
I bought a house in 1999 in West Footscray and sold the same house in Kingsville 5 years later. Hindsight's a great thing but I wish I hadn't sold it now. Now worth 4 times what I bought it for.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
I bought a house in 1999 in West Footscray and sold the same house in Kingsville 5 years later. Hindsight's a great thing but I wish I hadn't sold it now. Now worth 4 times what I bought it for.
You were well duped st.byron, Kingsville has been around as a suburb for 60 or so years.

I do remember though council workers getting death threats from cubbies because their fashionable West Footscray home got the Kingsville postcode.

Wish all these Eastern Suburb types would stay East of the bridge :wink:

You are garbage - Enough said
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Tired of all the might be and maybes of moving back to Moorabbin or JO. Don't wanna know about it until it is 100% confirmed.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Thank God!
Sooner we get the hell back to where we should be, Moorabbin, the better !!