Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FQF
SS Life Member

Re: Changes for next week

You can like on tapatalk but I don't think it shows up

Saint wagga
Club Player

Listening to Richo's presser, sounds like Sinclair will get another crack, perhaps not as the sub this week. Shenton is a tough one for mine. Did some really good things, did some poor things. I'm leaning towards persevering with him, giving him time and backing him in to even out his game, because he does have some dash and a penetrating kick. Yes decision making making and skills under pressure can at times let him down, but surely he can be given lee way given his very limited career games. His good is very good, so that"ll do me in terms of keeping him in.

Happy to see us play 2 rucks, lose a small forward, I prefer Eli as a player to Saad any day of the week. but that's just personal preference. Both were poor on Sunday.

Billings a certain in for if both Eli and saad get dropped. Happy to see acres in, but unlike a lot of others on here, from his pres season form, still think he's got a way to go before it all comes together. Thought his decision making was crap at times, and he still looks to lack a big engine, IMO. Again, happy if he's in because I agree think he'll be a good player, but it's a long season, so no rush IMO.

Kernal75
Club Player

In: Billings, White, Acres
Out: Saad, Templeton, Shenton

Newnes goes to HB
Spencer plays high HF
Acres plays FP
Billings goes to the wing

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Acres...glad that he had a good last prectice game. But the ones I saw prior to that he was not that flash. So I am surprised at all the sudden heat for him to play.

Billings looked comfortable last season, and with another pre-season under his belt he should play much of this year...and we desperately need more good ball users. So he would have to be a strong chance to come in.

Hickey I think is mainly a case of how match fit the club believes he is. when he is ready they will bring him back.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Acres, hope he comes on but overall based on NAB C i didn't see it.

Billings Mitch in i'm 50/50 on shents and robo didt watch the game nor heard much of em during the game. think one should make way for Goddard. if all the posts are right.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bergsone
SS Life Member

Billings in for Saad

Hickey for Longer if he is ready

Don't think they will make many changes,going by match reports

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

saintsRrising wrote:Acres...glad that he had a good last prectice game. But the ones I saw prior to that he was not that flash. So I am surprised at all the sudden heat for him to play.

Billings looked comfortable last season, and with another pre-season under his belt he should play much of this year...and we desperately need more good ball users. So he would have to be a strong chance to come in.

Hickey I think is mainly a case of how match fit the club believes he is. when he is ready they will bring him back.
I think most that are excited by Acres are the same as me - they saw how he moves in traffic and the space that he creates fro himself - very much like Dal, in terms of awareness and poise. Will be a player, just needs games under his belt.......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Munga
Saintsational Legend

We might see McKenzie

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Hickey I think is mainly a case of how match fit the club believes he is. when he is ready they will bring him back.
I hope you are right. I heard Hickey was very good for Sandi at the weekend but apparently Longer will keep his spot. Maybe it's a match fitness issue. The other possibility is that Longer is now considered ahead of him.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I am amazed people some people are negative on Acres.
Averaged 19 disposals in the VFL last year when he was still eligible for TAC cup. Hes 6 months younger than Sinclair who played TAC Cup last season.
Never played senior footy at all (no WAFL) until last year.

FQF
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:I am amazed people some people are negative on Acres.
Averaged 19 disposals in the VFL last year when he was still eligible for TAC cup. Hes 6 months younger than Sinclair who played TAC Cup last season.
Never played senior footy at all (no WAFL) until last year.
I think the criticism comes from the way he plays, ie. slow lethargic looking. Not that I agree.

lefty
Club Player

In: Billings, Hickey, Saunders, Acres
Out: Saad, Longer, Templeton, Roberton

Saad is very scratchy, he just needs games in the VFL, he needs to find his form when he first emerged, his second year was meh.

Longer had a shocker, he didn't win the hit outs, he got killed around the ground, Mumford spread way better, if he can't win either one, then play Hickey or Holmes, heck at least Holmes will win the tap outs.

Sinclair to me did really well, and Lonie did a few good things (candy man) so they both stay.

Feel like we lacked another forward too. Whether that means White, Simpkin, Lee, McCartin not sure.

At least I feel like we have depth this year, there's also Wright as well, when he's over his injury.

saintmont
Club Player

Hi, I was at the game. I would like to see another tall forward like paddy, tom lee or white. I also thought that longer played Ok. I like bruce as 2nd ruck/ forward. I thought that was the big difference with Cameron with GWS. I think billings in for saad. I am not sure about shenton as much as like his dermination he turns the ball over too much.

FQF
SS Life Member

Gilbert usually has Cameron covered

FQF
SS Life Member

Wright should be available for selection and Roo will play. Webster might play VFL this week.
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-04-0 ... it-to-play

I wonder if Wright goes straight in for someone like Roberton who seemed out of favour or Shenton? Personally I think all three of those guys should play because, although their disposal is not perfect, they give real run and forward momentum which is something we lack. I like Wright a lot and think that with experience he will become a very important player.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Wright should be available for selection and Roo will play. Webster might play VFL this week.

I wonder if Wright goes straight in for someone like Roberton who seemed out of favour or Shenton? Personally I think all three of those guys should play because, although their disposal is not perfect, they give real run and forward momentum which is something we lack. I like Wright a lot and think that with experience he will become a very important player.

I wonder if we could put Wright in as the defensive forward and drop Eli or Saad?

bigballs
Club Player

I wasn't at the game last week, so I can only go by what I saw on TV, but I would definitely leave out Saad and Templeton this week as both of them look like they need a bit of time in the VFL to get some confidence back.

In: Billings, McCartin, Goddard, Hickey
Out: Saad, Templeton, Shenton, Longer
Last edited by bigballs on Wed 08 Apr 2015 6:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
FQF wrote:Wright should be available for selection and Roo will play. Webster might play VFL this week.

I wonder if we could put Wright in as the defensive forward and drop Eli or Saad?

I will spew up if we play a defensive forward. Didn't Saad do it last week? Hope it doesn't happen again. Anyway Wright surely isn't good enough to come straight back in the seniors.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Billings should be a certainty to come in. Probably Hickey if they're happy that he's match fit. Saad was invisible, so would probably miss and I don't think Longer can play if Hickey does.
Can't see too many more changes. I think Richo will want to have another look at the young guys who all deserve another game. And I can't see them making 4 changes after we lost round 1 by less than 10 points.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bear in mind Saad and Templeton did not touch the ball in the pre-season either so there is no reason to believe either of them will magically return to form out of the blue.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:Bear in mind Saad and Templeton did not touch the ball in the pre-season either so there is no reason to believe either of them will magically return to form out of the blue.
Templeton may hold his spot based on having some brownie points from last year. Mind you, with Acres, Saunders, Webster and Wright putting their hand up he'd want to improve a lot very quickly.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.