Changes for this week against the Doggies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

coopergrech
Club Player

Changes for this week against the Doggies

In: Rooey and Joey
Out: Savage(If injured) & D-Mac.

Very hard to see who Rooey will come in for because both Hickey and Membrey done well on the weekend but maybe Membrey if it is to be between those 2.

FQF
SS Life Member

Re: Changes for this week against the Doggies

It's a tough choice because no one really deserves to be dropped and I think D-Mac definitely needs consecutive games.

Roo has to come in for either Hickey or Membrey. I am leaning towards Membrey despite playing some good footy.

Acres must play a full game.

coopergrech
Club Player

Yeah that's right, Acres done alright when he came on to
FQF wrote:It's a tough choice because no one really deserves to be dropped and I think D-Mac definitely needs consecutive games.

Roo has to come in for either Hickey or Membrey. I am leaning towards Membrey despite playing some good footy.

Acres must play a full game.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Out: Savage, Sinclair
In: Templeton, Saunders

Assuming that Roo and Joey aren't ready yet.

Membrey may get a spell in a week or two of White can show something in the ressies.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
uptheboys
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:Out: Savage, Sinclair
In: Templeton, Saunders

Assuming that Roo and Joey aren't ready yet.

Membrey may get a spell in a week or two of White can show something in the ressies.

I see no reason to remove sinclair... has looked very comfortable at AFL level.

Out: Savage, Membrey
In: Monty, Roo

Assuming Roo and Monty are ready

#gosaintas
Club Player

In Monty and Roo
Out Dunston (if rumours of being sore are true) and Savage (if injured)

saintjake
Club Player

I don't like the idea of dropping Membrey. I like him a lot. He presents well, and leads up high which leaves plenty of room for Bruce. He makes a contest nearly every time and (without looking at stats) he might not win the contests, but I can't remember seeing him out marked at all, always seems to at least bring it to ground.
He'll only get better when Roo Returns. Because Roo takes the best defender, Bruce the Second third goes to Membrey.

I really like him. With aggression too. Anyone else see late in the game on the weekend, about at the top of the 50, after a contest, he just bulled his way back onto the ball, grabbed it between two Bombers, got the arms free to keep it moving forward and someone got a goal out of it. Does a lot more than just hit the scoreboard. The sort of second and third efforts than Spencer doesn't have.

saintjake
Club Player

Also really want to see Acres play a full game and get 5-6 under his belt.
Maybe D-Mac can be the sub.

saintjake
Club Player

Also, any news on Chips? on Triple M they were discussing how out of gas he was and literally just had no juice left and couldn't go at all.
perhaps an injury? or was he just spent?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

uptheboys wrote:
Out: Savage, Membrey
In: Monty, Roo

Assuming Roo and Monty are ready
Sounds like they are ready so I agree with these changes...

Membrey hasn't done too much wrong, just not making enough impact & hickey was pretty good.

FQF
SS Life Member

Unless Longer needs a rest? Doesn't seem it though despite carrying a very big load.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:Also, any news on Chips? on Triple M they were discussing how out of gas he was and literally just had no juice left and couldn't go at all.
Perhaps just Triple M with more hyperbole and BS?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Shouldn't fiddle with a team who put in a great effort. But I guess one change Roo in, Membrey out. Hickey looked at home in the seniors and looked every bit a good ruck/ forward. Acres needs to be in there getting experience. I wouldn't gift Montagna a game after being out for a while, and some of his games later last season were nothing special- needs to have a run at Sandy. Dmac needs another game as his debut was a high pressure, intense game against talented opposition, and for a young guy it would have been an eye-opener, and under those circumstances, did a reasonable job.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Shouldn't fiddle with a team who put in a great effort. But I guess one change Roo in, Membrey out. Hickey looked at home in the seniors and looked every bit a good ruck/ forward. Acres needs to be in there getting experience. I wouldn't gift Montagna a game after being out for a while, and some of his games later last season were nothing special- needs to have a run at Sandy. Dmac needs another game as his debut was a high pressure, intense game against talented opposition, and for a young guy it would have been an eye-opener, and under those circumstances, did a reasonable job.

Well Joey isn't having a run at Sandy unless he misses a few more weeks and neither he should. You reward your star players.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
saintjake wrote:Also, any news on Chips? on Triple M they were discussing how out of gas he was and literally just had no juice left and couldn't go at all.
Perhaps just Triple M with more hyperbole and BS?
I would have thought so. His effort near the end on the boundry was kinda special.

FQF
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Shouldn't fiddle with a team who put in a great effort. But I guess one change Roo in, Membrey out. Hickey looked at home in the seniors and looked every bit a good ruck/ forward. Acres needs to be in there getting experience. I wouldn't gift Montagna a game after being out for a while, and some of his games later last season were nothing special- needs to have a run at Sandy. Dmac needs another game as his debut was a high pressure, intense game against talented opposition, and for a young guy it would have been an eye-opener, and under those circumstances, did a reasonable job.
You do know that that is fanciful?

spert
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Well Joey isn't having a run at Sandy unless he misses a few more weeks and neither he should. You reward your star players.
The star players nearing the end of their careers have already been rewarded, and if we gift games purely on experience, then we stand still. Monty needs a big game at Sandy and then he will be ready for the seniors.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I wouldn't gift Montagna a game after being out for a while, and some of his games later last season were nothing special- needs to have a run at Sandy.
He had 24 touches, 9 tackles, 5 inside 50s and 3 clearances in his one game this season. He still makes us a comfortably better side when he's in. He'll play if he's fit.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The star players nearing the end of their careers have already been rewarded, and if we gift games purely on experience, then we stand still. Monty needs a big game at Sandy and then he will be ready for the seniors.

I agree that we don't gift games. No idea what that has to do with Joey though. I have no idea what you mean the star players nearing the end of their career have already been rewarded. Yep they have got good money, money that we chose to pay them. Unless he misses a few more weeks he works into that side because he deserves that.

spot on
Club Player

I'm hoping we continue with the longer and hickey compo for another few weeks so
If reiwoldt is fit I think membrey need to make way, plus I don't think he had even kicked a goal yet
If monty fit I think maybe Schneider need to make way, not because he missed those goals just cos I feel we have enough senior players in the side and think Mckenzie and acres when he came on did nothing wrong

FQF
SS Life Member

Looks like Savage isn't injured which makes it even more difficult...

And with many of our players nearing a return (Ray, Ross, Gilbert) things will start getting interesting.

Playon
Club Player

In Roo and Joey

Out Hickey and Acres

I can't see Sinclair being dropped at this stage, and if it comes down to Hickey or Roo I shouldn't need to say more

FQF
SS Life Member

Playon wrote:In Roo and Joey

Out Hickey and Acres

I can't see Sinclair being dropped at this stage, and if it comes down to Hickey or Roo I shouldn't need to say more
There'd be at least 5 guys out before Acres.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

In Riewoldt
Out Savage

Can't come at dropping guys who played well so Membrey and Hickey stay in.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Playon wrote:In Roo and Joey

Out Hickey and Acres

Acres shouldn't be dropped, but would go for the other three.

I would drop Geary before anyone.

great club man but he is just a liability with his kicking. No doubting his courage and running however he decision making and disposals are just not up to AFL standard

You are garbage - Enough said