Sunday Confession: Post here if you felt like doing a runner

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sunday Confession: Post here if you felt like doing a ru

I've never ever left a match at half time or 3 quarter time. Only time I leave is if we are getting flogged and it's the 28 minute mark of the last quarter because I don't want to hear the opposition song and to get in front of the crowd to public transport. Always always live in hope.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

The Fireman wrote:
in for the long haul wrote:Sad to say we left at half time at my suggestion. Gutted! :cry:
Your not the same bloke I saw on the plane home from Sydney who left half time from the game That Lockett turned the game around and we won..are you ? :)
I remember switching the TV off in that Sydney game when the Swans kicked a goal to put them 53 points up with just over 15 mins remaining. The next day a mate rang me and said "nice win by the Saints", to which I responded "are you taking the piss?". In the course of the conversation I was informed that Plugger & Dean Greig had gone ballistic in those last 15 minutes and the Saints had got up. Talk about kicking myself repeatedly.

That game actually crossed my mind at half time on Saturday, as I thought about leaving early because it was my wife's birthday. The memory of that game and the half time brawl convinced me to stay. I noticed that the Doggies walked off cocky at H/T and the Saints walked off angry. That led me to form the view that the Saints would win the second half at least. It went better than I expected.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I was at a family birthday celebration on saturday. My dear sister in law and her husband had booked a twilight cruise from Sorrento to Queenscliff. I was listening on the wireless all the way down to Sorrento and was feeling a bit flat, but then later in the afternoon received a frantic 'phone call from the Jigging daughter who HAD been at the game and was in celebration mode! I got to see the replay at my sister in law's house :D So its now official, JIGGSTER IS THE JINX! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am SO happy for all my Saints pals who stuck it out and were rewarded for their perseverance! GO SAINTS! [to hell with the rest!]

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

the only time i moved from the couch was to stand up in front of the big screen once we got to within 3 goals

certainly got me off my ass
bit of fist pumping and cmon! was yelled at the television, while yelling at the misses that we are going to chase them down
her reply was: im sitting right here watching the game peanut
lol

paulski
Club Player

My confession is that I decided to take my 7 year old to the City/Victory game the night before and give the Saints game a miss this week. Great decision that was, we got spanked and I missed our greatest ever comeback. The footy gods don't like me!

SinCitySainter
Club Player

I was there till the end but did commit a horrendous sin.
A mate was running horribly late and at half time called to say he was just at the station and the train was still ten minutes away.
I told him you won't get here till three quarter time and we are playing deplorably and getting absolutely flogged so if I was him I wouldn't bother.
He decided then to run a couple of errands instead and get home to his wife and baby instead of coming to see the end of the match.
Needless to say I gave him a call after the game and apologised profusely for my less than sage advice.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

paulski wrote:My confession is that I decided to take my 7 year old to the City/Victory game the night before and give the Saints game a miss this week. Great decision that was, we got spanked and I missed our greatest ever comeback. The footy gods don't like me!

Sounds like another city fan. Not many out there. We watched the Victory City game on TV then my son played soccer on saturday at 11 so I had to run to get there. I called my old man and had to talk him into it. He was getting sulky that I had made him come at half time after telling him how close it was going to be to get him to come. Anyway I kept getting shitty saying we were going to come back with absolutely no conviction and cracking the s***s with the umpiring, the bulldogs supporters booing Rooey etc. Anyway when we came back I kept saying stuff like see at least it's not going to be a walk over. Fantastic game in the end.