When life transcends football

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vazelos
Club Player

When life transcends football

Funnily enough I am flying back from a Charity event in Adelaide on Saturday night to get back for the "Fight like Maddie" game on Sunday against Richmond.
My Mother told me about an article about the Riewoldts that I just read & how it brought her to tears.
Here it is:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 7436792992

I always felt Nick Riewoldt is the greatest person alongside Trevor Barker & Rob Harvey that ever came through our club & reading about his family I am not surprised.
If anyone is a parent here the fear of losing a child is beyond comprehension, this game means so much more than Football.
With the death of Phil Walsh its been a difficult time in football, I hope there is a sea of Saints supporters in Purple on Sunday.
#HowIwanttobe #Fightlikemaddie# #Strengththroughloyalty# #GoSaints#

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Re: When life transcends football

I'm coming down from Brisbane to see Maddy's Game, wouldn't miss it. Hope Roo gets up, would be a shame otherwise. Even so it won't diminish Sunday's importance though, cannot wait.

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Thats a gut wrenching article. That family have had to endure hell. Nick is incredible to be back out in the public eye while handling the media interest with dignity and respect.

Vazelos
Club Player

What resonates is what a beautiful person Maddie was and what a gaping hole she has left in the family's life. It also shows they are using her legacy to help others in the future that may suffer this terrible disease. Their motivation to help others not endure the pain they all went through is simply amazing. This day will stay with me as much as any great Saints memory.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

The Riewoldt family are quality. Absolute quality.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Where can you donate? I' m not really into how an sms would work.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Great article.

The tragedy of the way she died is beyond words and too cruel. But that was because she was young and had a lot to live for.

That's the condnundrum with modern medicine. Doctors love the fight and if the patient is willing it can end up being to the detriment of any quality of life. But again, she was young. I'm hoping over time the Reiwoldt family will spend more time remembering the healthy Maddie not the sick one. My old man died a horrible protracted painful death 10 years ago and it gradually gets easier to block out the bad and remember the good.
The term "feeling like you've been "skinned alive"" is what I've heard second hand from someone who's lost a child.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.