Round 22 Adam Goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 22 Adam Goodes

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:Can't remember this support and outrage all the years Milne copped it. Please Goodes get over yourself.
He was also found guilty of indecent assault. But I think he copped a much greater punishment over the years than others in that situation.
But how is that relevant here? What kind of bench-mark are we setting? 'Other people are assholes so let's be assholes too?"
It's booing FFS he is 35 years old. They boo Stevie J Hayden B WB supporters boo Riewoldt. There grown men getting thousands to play football just get on with it.

You can't seriously be calling the booing of those guys the same as goodes. I have followed footy for 45 years and there has been nothing like this on a regular basis
My wife is a Geelong supporter and every week they boo Stevie J.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Austinnn
Club Player

matrix wrote:Imagine if he was gay as well.
Fmd the threads on all footy sites would make the Internet's explode
Probably explains why no current AFL player has ever come out of the closet.

Curly: how about you try a day in Goodes' shoes? Get over it? You can't even get over umpiring decisions, let alone being openly hated by large crowds. Thought you were all about fairness?

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Can't remember this support and outrage all the years Milne copped it. Please Goodes get over yourself.

Just because milney didn't get support doesn't mean goodes shouldn't. 2 wrongs don't make a right.
So it's reverse racism? Let's face it if Goodes wasn't indigenous this wouldn't be a issue. Goodes is booed because he is protected due to playing for Sydney. He has a huge wrap sheet but rarely gets suspended. He dives and acts for frees.

Except the real booing started only after the 13 year old incident and him being audtralian of the year

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:

Curly: how about you try a day in Goodes' shoes? Get over it? You can't even get over umpiring decisions, let alone being openly hated by large crowds. Thought you were all about fairness?
Why aren't they booing other indigenous player? Maybe it's because they don't behave like Goodes and then hide behind it. Don't give me the try and live a day in his shoes because trust me if would be a piece of piss.

markp
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:What about just taking a risk averse, pragmatic strategy into the game?

Let's just say we have no idea whether the booing is racist or not, but we wont do it in Rd 22 anyway just in case.

I mean is booing him really that important to people? Just grab a pie or a beer or something instead.
I don't know what is funnier:- that people actually boo, or that people think that they can stop it.

Somehow I don't feel responsible when other Saints supporters do something stupid. I don't feel that anyone else represents me.
Or maybe people declaring the motivation for each and every boo... Conveniently all identical.

And as for Milne, it wasn't the booing that was objectionable.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Just because milney didn't get support doesn't mean goodes shouldn't. 2 wrongs don't make a right.
So it's reverse racism? Let's face it if Goodes wasn't indigenous this wouldn't be a issue. Goodes is booed because he is protected due to playing for Sydney. He has a huge wrap sheet but rarely gets suspended. He dives and acts for frees.

Except the real booing started only after the 13 year old incident and him being audtralian of the year
Did you hear his Australian of the Year speech? A more disrespectful thing you'll never hear.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Just having a laugh with the misses,saying what we need are boo police,to kick out the booers.Said they couldn't get enough cops for that if I was still running around

For f*** sake grow up people

jamesmc
Club Player

True

I'd rather be called a " scum sucking gorilla" than a " rapist "

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Did you hear his Australian of the Year speech? A more disrespectful thing you'll never hear.
Like when he said this during his acceptance?
We are all equal and the same in so many ways. My hope is that we as a nation can break down the silos between races, break down those stereotypes of minority populations - Indigenous populations and all those other minority groups. I hope we can be proud of our heritage regardless of the colour of our skin and be proud to be Australian.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Like when he said this during his acceptance?
We are all equal and the same in so many ways. My hope is that we as a nation can break down the silos between races, break down those stereotypes of minority populations - Indigenous populations and all those other minority groups. I hope we can be proud of our heritage regardless of the colour of our skin and be proud to be Australian.
No.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

jamesmc wrote:
True

Come on. There is no moral equilivence

Calling Milne a rapist was reprehensible but it had nothing to do with race.

Calling Goodes a big ape has racist connotations that black people aren't humans and are less evolved than other humans.

The Nazis used that to kill 20 million slavs . Untermensch was the term - meaning less than man. Calling someone a big ape is the same concept.

You are garbage - Enough said
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
True

Come on. There is no moral equilivence

Calling Milne a rapist was reprehensible but it had nothing to do with race.

Calling Goodes a big ape has racist connotations that black people aren't humans and are less evolved than other humans.

The Nazis used that to kill 20 million slavs . Untermensch was the term - meaning less than man. Calling someone a big ape is the same concept.
Racist comments are not on no matter what. Booing for being a flog no matter what race is personal choice. I don't boo I don't yell abuse either but some do. Some people even abuse there own players each to there own.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:What about just taking a risk averse, pragmatic strategy into the game?

Let's just say we have no idea whether the booing is racist or not, but we wont do it in Rd 22 anyway just in case.

I mean is booing him really that important to people? Just grab a pie or a beer or something instead.
I don't know what is funnier:- that people actually boo, or that people think that they can stop it.

Somehow I don't feel responsible when other Saints supporters do something stupid. I don't feel that anyone else represents me.
Sorry buddy, you're part of that family. Whatever you feel, people will see you as a Saints fan and make judgements on that, rightly wrongly hypocritically whatever. Remind yourself about that when you think about Pies fans, etc.
Not sure how long you have been a Sainter, Austinnn, but one thing that this Club will do for you over time is thicken the skin.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Thank god for beer, hot pies and hot dogs.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Austinnn wrote:

Why aren't they booing other indigenous player? Maybe it's because they don't behave like Goodes and then hide behind it. Don't give me the try and live a day in his shoes because trust me if would be a piece of piss.
How does he behave? All uppity and proud? Cant have that can we.

Last time he looked he wasnt out drinking or getting in fights, wasnt taking (or dealing) drugs, beating women, urinating on them. Last time I looked he was behaving like a responsible adult. What is this supposed 'behaviour' we find so bad?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Austinnn wrote:

How does he behave? All uppity and proud? Cant have that can we.

Last time he looked he wasnt out drinking or getting in fights, wasnt taking (or dealing) drugs, beating women, urinating on them. Last time I looked he was behaving like a responsible adult. What is this supposed 'behaviour' we find so bad?
It's his on field behaviour. The sniping the going in feet first the diving the acting for frees. He has been protected I've always believed it was the Sydney AFL love child thing that protected him not his colour.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I have nothing to add to thread other than....

Swans fans could of been completely unoriginal and turned it into "Goooooooddddeesss"

That's how saints fans fixed up Roo getting booed, and we don't have the greatest supporter numbers.

Quiet bunch the Where's Wally crew.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Sydney should just walk of the ground and the other team as well stuff the crowd what's the point of playing in front of a ugly mob that would stop the boos straight away .

asiu
Saintsational Legend

thats what will happen , if it does not stop , imo.
.... rightly or wrongly , a line in the sand has been drawn.

There's no backing down from here on in.
('n it wouldnt suprise me in the least if the Swans and their opponent of the day
do it together)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I used to like Goodes...now I don't...am I an adjustable racist ?

supersaints
Club Player

WindSister wrote:thats what will happen , if it does not stop , imo.
.... rightly or wrongly , a line in the sand has been drawn.

There's no backing down from here on in.
('n it wouldnt suprise me in the least if the Swans and their opponent of the day
do it together)
But if they all walked off the crowd would start booing wouldn't they?

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:Sydney should just walk of the ground and the other team as well stuff the crowd what's the point of playing in front of a ugly mob that would stop the boos straight away .
When I played footy it was for the love of the game and couldn't give a s*** about the crowd....things must of changed.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Can I ask if the boo-ing is race driven, then why are no other indigenious players being booed? (To my knowledge anyway).

I don't or wouldn't boo, but I think this is personality based not race based. In my opinion.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I used to like Goodes...now I don't...am I an adjustable racist ?
No-one is asking you to like him. The question is should he be booed week in week out and why is it happening.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SENsei wrote:Can I ask if the boo-ing is race driven, then why are no other indigenious players being booed? (To my knowledge anyway).

I don't or wouldn't boo, but I think this is personality based not race based. In my opinion.
Because no other indigenous player speaks out and makes us feel uncomfortable.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 29 Jul 2015 2:08am, edited 1 time in total.