Round 22 Adam Goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 22 Adam Goodes

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Can anyone why calling someone with very dark hair, a beard and generally hairy an ape or primate is racist?

Pretty much applies to most blokes that fit that description regardless of skin colour.

I really wonder about these questions? Look it up on the internet. I feel for those who don't know the answer.
I've referred to people I know as part primates/gorillas due to their hairiness (white folks). Maybe not apes but it was in jest. I'm sure many people have done similar.
My understanding saintspremiers is that it is a gross insult implying that they have not evolved.

I'm sorry that no one took the time to answer your question. That's where the problems start. I cannot stand people who say well if you don't understand then you have the problem.

Good on you for asking.

NoMore
Club Player

gringo wrote:
NoMore wrote:All you do gooders need to get a grip. Milner copped it for years and dealt with it. This whole thing is a non event if that flog doesn't come out sooking. Now he needs a week off and his mum to fight his battles. It will now be worse.

The booing clearly is effecting him and the way he plays therefor any supporter who wants to help there team will boo him.

The Sydney media need to keep there dirty filthy corrupt noses out of our game.

If our club supports this flog in anyway I will be done with them.

The afl did nothing when Malthouse called Milbe a rapist now they want to tell all fans that they are wrong and racist. I'm starting to think the only thing we are wrong about is supporting a game run by idiots.

I hope Sam Newman tells it exactly how it is tonight. There are only a few willing to speak the truth in this situation
This is a guy who dressed in black face when a shy Nicky Winmar didn't go on the footy show. Im pretty sure you will get Sam doing something that oversteps the boundaries and the other panelists will pretend to hold slightly more modern views on the matter without actually stopping giggling.

I am happy to have you silent protest by giving up on the club. Im pretty sure most of our players would be pretty pissed off with the public attitude towards a fellow AFL player. They are obviously a little too soft for you so maybe UFC or something would suit better.
If you think that dressing up like someone is racist you are a deluded idiot. He wore the black make up to dress up as Winmar not to hurt him. If a black person paints himself White is that racist? I am sick of people trying to be overly politically correct.

It is like we are racing to the highest spot on the moral high ground so we can look down on every one.

The media has lost the plot

amusingname
Club Player

NoMore wrote:
gringo wrote:
NoMore wrote:All you do gooders need to get a grip. Milner copped it for years and dealt with it. This whole thing is a non event if that flog doesn't come out sooking. Now he needs a week off and his mum to fight his battles. It will now be worse.

The booing clearly is effecting him and the way he plays therefor any supporter who wants to help there team will boo him.

The afl did nothing when Malthouse called Milbe a rapist now they want to tell all fans that they are wrong and racist. I'm starting to think the only thing we are wrong about is supporting a game run by idiots.

I hope Sam Newman tells it exactly how it is tonight. There are only a few willing to speak the truth in this situation
This is a guy who dressed in black face when a shy Nicky Winmar didn't go on the footy show. Im pretty sure you will get Sam doing something that oversteps the boundaries and the other panelists will pretend to hold slightly more modern views on the matter without actually stopping giggling.

I am happy to have you silent protest by giving up on the club. Im pretty sure most of our players would be pretty pissed off with the public attitude towards a fellow AFL player. They are obviously a little too soft for you so maybe UFC or something would suit better.
If you think that dressing up like someone is racist you are a deluded idiot. He wore the black make up to dress up as Winmar not to hurt him. If a black person paints himself White is that racist? I am sick of people trying to be overly politically correct.

It is like we are racing to the highest spot on the moral high ground so we can look down on every one.

So to put on blackface, say that he is not here because he's 'gone walkabout' is all fine, because he was not trying to hurt Nicky? I am sure Nicky saw the humour in it, that's why a mediation was needed afterwards. get a grip.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I'd rather leave the final word on this to a very eloquent aboriginal man called Dallas Scott:

http://theblacksteamtrain.blogspot.com. ... ol-of.html

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Do we need to get a list of who we can like and dislike now?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:
gringo wrote:

Black face is racist. Im sorry you don't understand that but it is. And the media haven't lost the plot. Goodes now says it has racial overtones so that means we should all stop booing. If you don't believe you are a racist at best it bullying. Just don't do it. How does it help anyone.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Sick of this discussion.

All it does is expose the hidden racists among us.

Quite disheartening really.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
NoMore wrote:
gringo wrote:

Black face is racist. Im sorry you don't understand that but it is. And the media haven't lost the plot. Goodes now says it has racial overtones so that means we should all stop booing. If you don't believe you are a racist at best it bullying. Just don't do it. How does it help anyone.
Fail to see how dressing up as somebody is racist.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
NoMore wrote:
gringo wrote:

Because blacks think it is racist. If they think it is racist then it is. Pretty simple really.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Its amazing that for centuries it was seen as ok to belittle another human being because of their skin colour. Now when that practice is (correctly IMHO) being called out, we have some folk screaming about "political correctness gone mad", which (again IMHO) is a way to rationalise an attitude which has no place in a civilised society.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
NoMore wrote:
gringo wrote:

Because blacks think it is racist. If they think it is racist then it is. Pretty simple really.
Dress up as fat people dress up wearing glasses dress up with red hair..............when does it stop?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Dress up as fat people dress up wearing glasses dress up with red hair..............when does it stop?
My god Curly. I cant help you if you are comparing it to those things. If blacks think its racist then its racist. You can actually be charged for being a racist. Can you get charged with dressing up as a fat person or putting a red wig on? And that isn't racism either. Its clearly racist because black tell us it is.

And it stops when people realise you cant paint your face black.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
My god Curly. I cant help you if you are comparing it to those things. If blacks think its racist then its racist. You can actually be charged for being a racist. Can you get charged with dressing up as a fat person or putting a red wig on? And that isn't racism either. Its clearly racist because black tell us it is.

There in lies the issue. Its all good until the decide its not nothing the other way.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Sick of this discussion.

:roll: :lol:

hidden racists huh
so start listing them grumps
out them
then you can argue back and forward with them on how they feel towards people of a different race

yes thats right
race

i await to know the racist posters on SS

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Or perhaps it is an opportunity to let people know why things aren't politically correct.

So much name calling on this thread.

Its quite simple, just treat people with respect. All people

matrix
Saintsational Legend

exactly mullet

its not f****** hard is it

if youre white black asian purple red green who cares
if youre an asshole youre an asshole
if youre a great person youre a great person
treat others like you would like to be treated

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:I'd rather leave the final word on this to a very eloquent aboriginal man called Dallas Scott:

Didn't anyone else read this?

Very powerful stuff. Great to hear from the more relevant perspective at last.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

There in lies the issue. Its all good until the decide its not nothing the other way.

Yes because black have been persecuted for 100's of years. If they don't like it and think its racism then it is. Simple.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:

Or perhaps it is an opportunity to let people know why things aren't politically correct.

So much name calling on this thread.

Its quite simple, just treat people with respect. All people

Correct its only a issue generally because others make it an issue. When Sam Newman came out as Nicky Winmar the media ran with it that Nicky was pissed. Nicky himself thought it was hilarious.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
True Believer wrote:I'd rather leave the final word on this to a very eloquent aboriginal man called Dallas Scott:

I heard Nova Peris. She said nothing like that. She seems pretty relevant to me.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Yes because black have been persecuted for 100's of years. If they don't like it and think its racism then it is. Simple.

And now our children are being persecuted and no one gives a hoot. It goes both ways if we are equal let it be both ways.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

And now our children are being persecuted and no one gives a hoot. It goes both ways if we are equal let it be both ways.

What children are being persecuted? Doesn't sound good. My child hasn't been persecuted apart from how white she looks. Are you saying we shouldn't worry about either?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:

I heard Nova Peris. She said nothing like that. She seems pretty relevant to me.
No comment on the article? I'm sure Nova's opinion is relevant, and will help politicians deal with the issues.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:

No comment on the article? I'm sure Nova's opinion is relevant, and will help politicians deal with the issues.

So she has a reason not to think like you. I would never have guessed. She was on SEN as an aboriginal not a bloody politician. As for the article that's his opinion on it. I don't agree and im sure we could find many more aboriginals that don't agree than do agree.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

What children are being persecuted? Doesn't sound good. My child hasn't been persecuted apart from how white she looks. Are you saying we shouldn't worry about either?
Just a small example. My son and his mates all love football and three of them are the best in their age group. They have never played on the MCG. The two young part indiginous boys that are average at best play 2 or three times a year have been to AFL coaching clinics. Is this fair? Why shouldnt my son be treated the same.