Round 22 Adam Goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 22 Adam Goodes

True Believer wrote:Sorry, I cannot find Austinnn's original post with this within it, but Cly quoted it and I copied it from there rather than include a mass of re-quotes:

"It's also a given that anyone who only wants to maintain their privilege of watching their favourite sports without being made to think about the errors of their ancestors"

This follows on from my prior post - but this to me raises the question - why? Why should everyone when they simply take their family to a football game have to do so within some political context? How long should they sit in silent reflection on the actions of people who lived 200 years ago as some strange payment for watching a sports game? How many more generations to come will need to do the same? At what point do we put down the baggage of the past?
It's hard to move forward if you are preoccupied with looking backwards. That doesn't excuse whatever may have occurred, but unless people are prepared to move on, then we will end up with nothing more than a variation of the same problem that plagued Ireland, Serbia/Croatia and numerous other places. That is a conflict than runs for centuries because people continue to insist that the sins of the father are visited upon the son, ad infinitum.......

This serves only to cast our indigenous population in the role of victims - in perpetuity........
Good post. Some posters talk crap though. If Austin with three, not two n' is a pom as claimed , it was his ancestors who invaded this country and stole land, not possibly yours or mine.

I'm pretty sure I never invaded this country or stole any land from anybody. Neither did my mum or dad or any of my 4 grandparents or 8 great grandparents. Beyond that I couldn't say. Seeing I have children and grandchildren, that's 6 generations I can vouch for.

I don't in the lest fell responsible what someone I don't know and never met did 200 years ago. I'm hearty sick of all this sorry nonsense.

I am also tired of the politic bulls*** that is now going on over Adam , with everybody from both left and right trying to score points. Just tell people to stop booing or we will stop the football. End of story.

saintbob
SS Life Member

I've a huge respect for Goodes and all he has been able to achieve both on and off the field, and believe he will work his way through this.

But in saying that, Plugger, Carey, Aker, Hally and plenty of others got boo'ed throughout their careers and no one gave a s***!!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:I've a huge respect for Goodes and all he has been able to achieve both on and off the field, and believe he will work his way through this.

But in saying that, Plugger, Carey, Aker, Hally and plenty of others got boo'ed throughout their careers and no one gave a s***!!!
Milney.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Well I succeeded for a short while in redirecting the discussion away from the

FRAUD
&
LIES
OF
DISHONEST PEOPLE

10% of AFL players are indigenous and yet 10% of AFL players are not subjected to the booing like Adam Goodes
If the booing crowd were racist they would boo all indigenous players.
The West Coast crowd that booed Adam Goodes adores Nick Nat.
It is not racism that has caused crowds to turn on Adam Goodes.

It is the conduct of Adam Goodes alone.
Last edited by ace on Fri 31 Jul 2015 8:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So some little girl calls him an ape in indigenous round and everything thinks this poor darling petal is as pure as the driven snow.

If a 13yo kid rocked your car what you be so caring for the little darlings? Of course they dont have the capacity to be punished as adults, but you would still be pissed off and want to teach the little bastards some manners.

I am pretty sure I did some silly things as a 13yo and copped some punishments along the way.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 31 Jul 2015 8:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Well I succeeded for a short while in redirecting the discussion away from the
FRAUD
&
LIES
OF
DISHONEST PEOPLE

10% of AFL players are indigenous and yet 10% of AFL players are not subjected to the booing like Adam Goodes

Who cares what the reasons are. Just don't do it. It isn't that hard.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:So some little girl calls him an ape in indigenous round and everything thinks this poor darling petal is as pure as the driven snow.

If a 13yo kid rocked your car what you be so caring for the little darlings? Of course they dont have the capacity to be punished as adults, but you would still be pissed off and want to teach the little bastards some manners.

I am pretty sure I did some silly things as a 13yo and copped some punishments along the way.
Now we are comparing someone calling a player an Ape to attempted murder.

Can you give me the URL for the news clips of your misdeeds and your subsequent public humiliation through the media.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
ace wrote:Well I succeeded for a short while in redirecting the discussion away from the
FRAUD
&
LIES
OF
DISHONEST PEOPLE

Who cares what the reasons are. Just don't do it. It isn't that hard.
Obviously, for some, it is that hard.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:So some little girl calls him an ape in indigenous round and everything thinks this poor darling petal is as pure as the driven snow.

Can you give me the URL for the news clips of your misdeeds and your subsequent public humiliation through the media.

What the heel are you talking about? Attempted murder? One strange person.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
LTN16 wrote:Can't wait to boo him in round 22 !

Why would you boo him? Do you have some issues? If you do I hope people put you back in your place and I don't mean violently. Just grow up.
Your the one with issues spending 24 hours a day on an Internet forum. I don't like the bloke think he's a d*ckhead and deserves all the boo's he gets. He's brought it all apon himself.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why would you boo him? Do you have some issues? If you do I hope people put you back in your place and I don't mean violently. Just grow up.
Your the one with issues spending 24 hours a day on an Internet forum. I don't like the bloke think he's a d*ckhead and deserves all the boo's he gets. He's brought it all apon himself.

18 hours and what has that got to do with someone deliberately doing what has been requested not to do. You are either a racist or a bully or just a friggin fool. How does it help you or anyone else booing when asked not too. Real good stuff.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

I hope I don't see any indigenous people booing the umpires or our players else I'll be throughing eggs at them and calling them racist.

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ace wrote:

What the heel are you talking about? Attempted murder? One strange person.
Dropping rocks from a freeway overpass can kill drivers as they are hit by the rock with a closing speed of over 100kph.

Didn't you know you could kill when you did this.

Just don't do it.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

FRAUD
&
LIES
OF
DISHONEST PEOPLE

What 'conduct' would that be ace? Winning AotY (he didnt award himself) ? Being an anti-racism Ambassador? You dont like your black men to stick their heard up?
Just like them to be seen and not heard. Keep their heads down. Dont get too big for their boots. Know their place. Come out for two hours on a weekend to entertain whitie and then shut up for 6 days. Yeah we know the conduct you dont approve of.

ace
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:I hope I don't see any indigenous people booing the umpires or our players else I'll be throwing eggs at them and calling them racist.
That would be considered egging them on.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So you just decided, independently, he was the biggest d**khead in the AFL? Coincidentally just after he won the Aoty Award. Yep sounds legit.

So he is a worse bloke than Toby Greene? I am sure there are plenty of utter flogs playing in the AFL.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Can't wait to boo Paddy Ryder this week because he's also aboriginal

ace
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: So he is a worse bloke than Toby Greene? I am sure there are plenty of utter flogs playing in the AFL.
Picking on little Greene men.

The martian minister of defence has just warned that if the martian people do not receive an apology before the weekend then they will invade the MCG, Etihad and the SCG and kill all the white fellas and black fellas.

ace
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:Can't wait to boo Paddy Ryder this week because he's also aboriginal
No you can't boo him because of his race.
Judge him by the content of his character.
We know he abandoned Essendon because of the potential effect the drugs administered to him by the club may have had on his child.

He puts protection of children first that makes him a good man.

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Last edited by ace on Fri 31 Jul 2015 9:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

Austinnn
Club Player

saynta wrote:If Austin with three, not two n' is a pom as claimed , it was his ancestors who invaded this country and stole land, not possibly yours or mine.

I'm pretty sure I never invaded this country or stole any land from anybody. Neither did my mum or dad or any of my 4 grandparents or 8 great grandparents. Beyond that I couldn't say. Seeing I have children and grandchildren, that's 6 generations I can vouch for.
What about your ancestors? You know, the people related to you who were alive at the time? Which country were they from? Or don't you have the guts to reveal your ethnic heritage in case someone decides to hold you accountable for it? Because no matter where they were from, I'm sure that country has some blood on their hands.

Just in case you were wondering, my grandparents or parents or children never invaded a country either. Well my grandfather and great grandfather and his brothers were in conscripts in the British army during WWI and WWII, does that count?

Yeah, as a Brit I feel ashamed that we've messed about with half the world and indirectly and directly caused much conflict. I can't feel guilty, I don't know if that's what you want, but most British people know our history.

Can't believe I'm actually responding to this, again. It's like arguing with a mental patient. Your logic is truly bizarre. Imagine if you were a lawyer.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

Seems to be a generational thing. A lot of the old farts on here seem to be the ones who want to boo. Different world back then I guess. Let's hope their descendants have more decency.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

Its my own fault, i had him on ignore, but curiosity got the better of me. I'll try not to look at the wisdom of saynta, from this point, it just makes me dispair.

As a favour, could anyone considering quoting his opinion consider that it might prolong and dilute this thread. Certainly not asking anyone to ignore him, just not quote him. Fun for you perhaps, but not me.

I'm not telling anyone to do anything, just politely asking to be able to truly ignore someone I put on ignore. That BF ignore function is a lot better. Mods?

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Yes. And Goodes is a good bloke. If you think he is the biggest flog in the entire AFL you are just kidding yourself.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Can't believe so many Saints supporters are racist!
Is that why we have no indigenous players on our list?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Clayton Davis
Club Player

Jesinta Campbell (fiancee of Buddy Franklin) wrote:My future children are going to be Indigenous and because of his courage and his passion he is creating a better future for not only my children but all Indigenous children

Is it racist? Yes, I think it is, and to anyone who has never experienced racial vilification, racism is just a word to them. But for people who have experienced it, racism is a feeling and it's a horrible feeling from what I have seen.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/l ... z3hT4zm5fl
Andrew Webster wrote:Conveniently, his critics have forgotten the days that followed, when the girl apologised, and Goodes pleaded with the public to rally around her.
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/sydney-swans/ ... z3hT3CTT64
ace wrote:I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Sheeeiiittt. Some mighty wise words there sister and brothers. Mighty wise words. :idea:

Warning: Press only in situations of extreme disbelief!
######### http://shiiiit.com/ #########
####### Image #######

About a simple man who was horrifically punished by
the powers that be for the terrible crime of trying to
bring light to the common people.