Gay Pride Match

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter104
Club Player

Re: Gay Pride Match

im all for gay marriage ........... as long as they're the same race ...... BOOOOOOOO !!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sainter104 wrote:im all for gay marriage ........... as long as they're the same race ...... BOOOOOOOO !!!!

Did you fail racism at school?

stjay
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:Enough with the left/right political garbage!
Bring it back on topic.
Yeah let's get back to you bagging the Police force.

Of course you missed the entire point but you have done nothing other than be sarcastic and deliberately take this thread off topic.
So what's your problem?
Got an issue LGBTI community do we?
Well come on then! Out with it!
ok.. I think dedicating a round to ones sexual preferences is ridiculous and the concept should get the arse .

Your disrespect to the Police force somes up the type of person you are.
So if your son or daughter came home and said they were gay would you mind?
FYI - saying that the death of two policemen at work is a tragedy although no different than families that lose loved ones at work everyday is not disrespect.
It doesn' mean I disrespect them as people but I don't put them on pedestals either.
Sorry I don't worship authority but I understand you do - which says a lot about the person you are.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Bring it back on topic.

Of course you missed the entire point but you have done nothing other than be sarcastic and deliberately take this thread off topic.
So what's your problem?
ok.. I think dedicating a round to ones sexual preferences is ridiculous and the concept should get the arse .

FYI - saying that the death of two policemen at work is a tragedy although no different than families that lose loved ones at work everyday is not disrespect.
It doesn' mean I disrespect them as people but I don't put them on pedestals either.
Sorry I don't worship authority but I understand you do - which says a lot about the person you are.

Without being rude I think the ideas are a little weird. The death of anyone at work is tragedy but for those who protect us is even worse IMO of course. Silk Miller was so sad. The difference between a normal death at work is it is usually an accident even if it was avoidable where as those 2 was just cold blooded murder.

stjay
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Bring it back on topic.

So what's your problem?

Without being rude I think the ideas are a little weird. The death of anyone at work is tragedy but for those who protect us is even worse IMO of course. Silk Miller was so sad. The difference between a normal death at work is it is usually an accident even if it was avoidable where as those 2 was just cold blooded murder.
A normal death at work? And apparently my ideas are weird.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

you are up against here Plugger..this dude is on another plain all together.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:

Alright a death at work. Yep you are right. They are exactly the same even if one is cold blooded murder. Im guessing you don't like authority?

stjay
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:you are up against here Plugger..this dude is on another plain all together.
Answer the question.
If your son or daughter came home and said they were gay would you mind?
Or are you scared you'll "out" yourself.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stjay wrote:

Alright a death at work. Yep you are right. They are exactly the same even if one is cold blooded murder. Im guessing you don't like authority?
Well, he certainly doesn't like coppers.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
The Fireman wrote:ok.. I think dedicating a round to ones sexual preferences is ridiculous and the concept should get the arse .
Pun intended?

I know of some gay folk who are very excited about the gay round, or whatever it will be called.
I don't really see the harm, and if it has potential beneift for some in the communtiy then why not?

Our gay friends are very funny, I would love to have them come to the footy with me and bag the s*** out of everyone. One of our friends would love to sit in the cheer squad and watch the star wars bar scene going on around them. I'm not sure I would patronise them by asking them to come to the gay acceptance round though. One of them suggests that footy is a way straight guys can ogle fit young men with out coming to terms with an underlying sexual orientation... I definitely won't ask them to come.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:you are up against here Plugger..this dude is on another plain all together.
Answer the question.
If my son or daughter said they were gay I would still not want a gay round so your question is irrelevant.

The only thing I'm scared of is that there are people around like you who can not tell the difference between the risk of emergency workers to normal workers.

stjay
Club Player

gringo wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
The Fireman wrote:ok.. I think dedicating a round to ones sexual preferences is ridiculous and the concept should get the arse .
Pun intended?

I know of some gay folk who are very excited about the gay round, or whatever it will be called.
I don't really see the harm, and if it has potential beneift for some in the communtiy then why not?

Our gay friends are very funny, I would love to have them come to the footy with me and bag the s*** out of everyone. One of our friends would love to sit in the cheer squad and watch the star wars bar scene going on around them. I'm not sure I would patronise them by asking them to come to the gay acceptance round though. One of them suggests that footy is a way straight guys can ogle fit young men with out coming to terms with an underlying sexual orientation... I definitely won't ask them to come.
Yeah, the razor sharp wit is too funny. Despite my exasperated efforts to convince them otherwise many of them think in every straight man and gay man is dying to get out.
Hopefully not too many think it's patronising and that it comes from a good place. Can understand how it could be interpreted that way.

stjay
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
Answer the question.
If my son or daughter said they were gay I would still not want a gay round so your question is irrelevant.

The only thing I'm scared of is that there are people around like you who can not tell the difference between the risk of emergency workers to normal workers.
Avoiding the question I see. Wonder why that is?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
Answer the question.

?? You tell me why.

stjay
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
Answer the question.

?? You tell me why.
You're posting unsupportive comments on a thread about a gay pride match and I asked you a perfectly legitimate question about whether you would mind if you're son or daughter were gay.
Pretty simple question but so far you've avoided answering the question which suggests you're motivated to post negatively out of prejudice and not just because you don't think its a good idea as you've tried to represent.
Happy for you set the record straight but alarm bells are ringing.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
Answer the question.
You go girlfriend!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
You're posting unsupportive comments on a thread about a gay pride match and I asked you a perfectly legitimate question about whether you would mind if you're son or daughter were gay.
Pretty simple question but so far you've avoided answering the question which suggests you're motivated to post negatively out of prejudice and not just because you don't think its a good idea as you've tried to represent.
And as I told you the question is irrelevant and I have no desire to quizz you about yourself or family members as it has nothing to do with this debate. ok so you say I am motivated by prejudice yet you have no proof of any prejudice, do you see how silly you look ?

So if a Gay man told you he didn't want a Gay round what would be your reply then ?

as I told you earlier you really don't deserve any of my time but just wanted to see how far you could bury yourself.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

You'd be a pretty disconnected parent to need them to come home
and declare their sexuality.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
gringo wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
Pun intended?

Yeah, the razor sharp wit is too funny. Despite my exasperated efforts to convince them otherwise many of them think in every straight man and gay man is dying to get out.
Hopefully not too many think it's patronising and that it comes from a good place. Can understand how it could be interpreted that way.

I think our mates know we are straight but just like to s*** us back a bit for years of copping crap themselves. I don't mind them stirring me up, it's only confronting if there are some latent issues there I reckon. I can give as good as I get with out over stepping the line of offensiveness I reckon. Most of the gay people I know have social lives that aren't based around running kids to sporting events or baby sitters so footy just isn't a high priority.

I do know some dikes that are huge footy fans though and take their kids to every Dees game in Melbourne. It will probably mean more to a family like that with their kids feeling accepted more than them. They are never really teased at school because kids are pretty accepting but the way society views families is pretty rigid.

stjay
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
And as I told you the question is irrelevant and I have no desire to quizz you about yourself or family members as it has nothing to do with this debate. ok so you say I am motivated by prejudice yet you have no proof of any prejudice, do you see how silly you look ?

So if a Gay man told you he didn't want a Gay round what would be your reply then ?

as I told you earlier you really don't deserve any of my time but just wanted to see how far you could bury yourself.
You do know where you are? right?
The question is perfectly ligitimate and relevant given the topic of the thread and your stance on it.
The fact that you've avoided the simple question which could have so easily been answered, in so many way to show you're not about prejudice and yet your silence is deafening.
Shame on you.
You need to work through your contradictions and stop bringing your prejudice onto this thread OR have the courage to own it.
Go and comment on Tom Lee or Adam Schneider's poor disposal but spare me your bigotry!

And this is exactly why we need a gay pride match to fight against the prejudice the LGBTI community face everyday.
Thank you sir, you totally proved my point.
We're done.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:

You do know where you are? right?
The question is perfectly ligitimate and relevant given the topic of the thread and your stance on it.
The fact that you've avoided the simple question which could have so easily been answered, in so many way to show you're not about prejudice and yet your silence is deafening.
Shame on you.
You need to work through your contradictions and stop bringing your prejudice onto this thread OR have the courage to own it.
Go and comment on Tom Lee or Adam Schneider's poor disposal but spare me your bigotry!

And this is exactly why we need a gay pride match to fight against the prejudice the LGBTI community face everyday.
Thank you sir, you totally proved my point.
We're done.
What a load of crap. I think firey won that one.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Good Stuff.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:You'd be a pretty disconnected parent to need them to come home
and declare their sexuality.
It happens. I know of two friends of my son who are both 'out' amongst friends and some family but both are not out to their fathers. They are worried about the reaction. Very sad.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Yep.
Brutal.
... and i feel for those two young fellas.

Maybe though , the two dads are not as 'disconnected' to the reality of things
as the boys believe.
... but of course , on the other hand , maybe they are.

i remember my boy commenting ,
"shouldn't my sexual orientation be obvious"
... which i easily 'n comfortably agreed with.
(but then i've always held the view , first articulated before i was sexually active ,
and much to the horror of my peer group of the day)
that i saw 'humans' as naturally bi - sexual creatures.

... and given that we are now , 40 odd years further down the wallaby track ,
i still think my observation / knowing is correct.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
stjay
Club Player

saynta wrote: What a load of crap. I think firey won that one.
You would. Repeatedly avoided simple relevant question. I think not.
Pwned