The Flux Report: Round 19

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AeonFlux
Club Player

The Flux Report: Round 19

Rodger???????????????????????

Nope. :(

More of the same. Mid field got jumped early. Forwards didn’t spread. :(

Mid Field:
We didn’t seem to have enough runners. That Hill goal that the commentators gushed over (2nd quarter?) was a good example.

Given that, and the injuries, if Josh Saunders doesn’t get a run this week, then I feel that indicates that his cards are marked. Is very fast on the outside, tough as inside, has great endurance. Kicking must be the issue?

I also want to see Minch in there. And Eli, as he’s bulked up and should be able to compete. (His tank though?) And I really like seeing Sinclair in there. :D

Seb. Going forward can we have both him and Dunstan??? Seb is never going to be fast. So he needs to be smart.
“I may not have been the fastest player from point A to point B, but then, I didn’t always start at point A.” - Franz Anton Beckenbauer.

(Though to be fair, Franz did also say that a footy match can have only one result: a win, a loss, a draw.
We know what you were trying to say Franz. Sorta.)

Forwardline:
Spread!!!!!!!!!! BLOODY SPREAD YOU BLOKES !!!!!!!!!! How many times did we see two, and even all three of Bruce, Roo and Paddy in the one pack????? AAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The forward line would be much better balanced, and would be able to apply more forward pressure with Members instead of Paddy. However, that seems to be the trade off to get games and experience into a clearly not (yet) fit enough Paddy.

And then there was the UMPIRING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Continually unable to spot blocking, holding on, high contact, even two handed shoves in the back!!! :x Yet, somehow in a rare moment of eagle-eyed alertness, they managed to divine Roo just barely touching a hand to his opponent’s back when taking ‘that’ mark!!!!!!!!

What were they using for that one? BLOODY SNICKO??? :evil:

Whilst I’m at it. How hard does Sinclair need to be kneed in the head to get that goal square free???? Accidental does not equal it’s not a free!!!!!!

Whilst I'm STILL bloody at it. That 50m penalty against Gears!!!! The Freo player took a nice mark, sure, but he then ran from near the boundary line right across to the far wing, back to his defensive goal square, popped over to the bench for a rub down, the came back and took off for his forward bloody line!!!! But still no call of PLAY ON from the umpire!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Ruck:
I thought that Hickey gave us much more around the ground than Billy. I’d like to see him drift forward a bit more. He also needs to bulk up a bit.

Would like to see Holmesy get a run before the end of the year also. If he goes ok (and he will!), imagine what that will add to the whole Hickey/Longer ruck debate? :mrgreen:

This week’s opposition player to bag:
No brainer. Sandibrains!

Fair dinkum! The guy is seven and a half feet tall! HE TRADES ON THAT ALONE!!! With that sort of physical advantage, he should be drifting forward and taking many many many more marks than he does!!!

INS: Webster, Minch, Saunders, Markworth (sub, full game the following week).
OUTS: Savage, Lonie, MacKenzie, Sinclair, Sumner (long term injunctured list).
Emergencies: Eli, Membrey, Big Jason(!)

Thoughts Sainters?

Thoughts, Rodger?

- Aeon.

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Flux Report: Round 19

Interesting reading- the comment about forwards spreading is pretty relevant, but that's something you can direct at the coach, and I think he needs to get his act together with the forward line structure, as it is all just too predictable and static. Paddy is a mile off yet, and he, Bruce and Roo in the forward line doesn't work, and they look lost together. We need to recruit class into the midfield, and against Freo, our mids seemed more interested in watching than being on the move, and were nowhere near the drop of the ball at many contests especially early in the game- they need to learn from Ablett jnr, and watch the ball as it goes up and comes down, as where it lands is where you need to be. Hickey did OK against big opposition, but he is still learning. Of course injuries to Lonie and a knock to Sinclair upset things, but it wasn't a good team performance, and Freo clearly took the foot off the pedal in the last quarter.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Interesting reading- the comment about forwards spreading is pretty relevant, but that's something you can direct at the coach, and I think he needs to get his act together with the forward line structure, as it is all just too predictable and static. Paddy is a mile off yet, and he, Bruce and Roo in the forward line doesn't work, and they look lost together. We need to recruit class into the midfield, and against Freo, our mids seemed more interested in watching than being on the move, and were nowhere near the drop of the ball at many contests especially early in the game- they need to learn from Ablett jnr, and watch the ball as it goes up and comes down, as where it lands is where you need to be. Hickey did OK against big opposition, but he is still learning. Of course injuries to Lonie and a knock to Sinclair upset things, but it wasn't a good team performance, and Freo clearly took the foot off the pedal in the last quarter.

Did you think we could win 6 games this year when you compare our list to the last year of Watters. Its nearly impossible to believe we won a game when comparing lists. I wish you could actually see how well we going compared to what most unbiased people think. And most unbiased people have really rated the coaching this year. Unfortunately you jump on every opportunity to bag Richo which I just don't get.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

The amount of replies would signify how popular and entertaining most people find this tripe.

You are garbage - Enough said
spert
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:The amount of replies would signify how popular and entertaining most people find this tripe.
You seem to be enjoying it

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Bunk_Moreland wrote:The amount of replies would signify how popular and entertaining most people find this tripe.

You replied.......... :lol: :oops:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
spert
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
spert wrote:Interesting reading- the comment about forwards spreading is pretty relevant, but that's something you can direct at the coach, and I think he needs to get his act together with the forward line structure, as it is all just too predictable and static. Paddy is a mile off yet, and he, Bruce and Roo in the forward line doesn't work, and they look lost together. We need to recruit class into the midfield, and against Freo, our mids seemed more interested in watching than being on the move, and were nowhere near the drop of the ball at many contests especially early in the game- they need to learn from Ablett jnr, and watch the ball as it goes up and comes down, as where it lands is where you need to be. Hickey did OK against big opposition, but he is still learning. Of course injuries to Lonie and a knock to Sinclair upset things, but it wasn't a good team performance, and Freo clearly took the foot off the pedal in the last quarter.

Did you think we could win 6 games this year when you compare our list to the last year of Watters. Its nearly impossible to believe we won a game when comparing lists. I wish you could actually see how well we going compared to what most unbiased people think. And most unbiased people have really rated the coaching this year. Unfortunately you jump on every opportunity to bag Richo which I just don't get.
Like I say, Richo is good teacher and developer of players, but not much of a match day coach in my book. I reckon if some of the senior players under Watters had have pulled their fingers out instead of white-anting the coach, we may have well been pushing to play finals back then. Nuff said.

spert
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:

So did you- haven't you got anything better to do than join in with this tripe 8-) thread? I'm busy replying to P66

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

spert wrote:
True Believer wrote:

So did you- haven't you got anything better to do than join in with this tripe 8-) thread? I'm busy replying to P66

I am replying to all those who replied.

The Flux crap is as funny as Clay Davis.

Probably the same poster as Clay and underscore_13

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Like I say, Richo is good teacher and developer of players, but not much of a match day coach in my book. I reckon if some of the senior players under Watters had have pulled their fingers out instead of white-anting the coach, we may have well been pushing to play finals back then. Nuff said.

I don't think the players needed to white ant the coach. He was doing fine on his own. As for your suggestion on Richo im guessing you like ma and everyone else here wouldn't have a clue about coaching an AFL side and whether or not he is a good match day coach. I would suggest 6 wins this year means he knows a fair bit about it. Watters got 5 with the following players in his side, Lenny, Milney, Dal, Jimmy, Blake, Jones and Ben in his side. All played in a GF just 3 years earlier.