The Flux Report: Round 20

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AeonFlux
Club Player

The Flux Report: Round 20

Doing a Con (a most underrated intel analyst btw), and going early this week.

Let me guess. Still no Rodger? (Sigh. :( )

Our saintas - Broken record. More of the same.

Played very well when the mid field went well. No so when they didn’t. Jack Steven and Armo’ dropped away after big first halves – for Jack, especially a big first quarter.
Sure, Goldstein started to dominate. So why not just rove to him, guys? Guys?????? Hawthorn don’t have great rucks, but they are still premiership favourites. Hint. Could be something in that tactic then????????

Played well when the forwards spread a bit, and when we also looked for blokes who had created the greatest space, rather than just looking for the bloke who has the greatest name. (Broken record, I know. Sigh. :( )

No comment on the kicking for goal! Too painful to go into!!!!! :cry: Actually, I will make one comment. Roo’s kicking the last two weeks! I blame those awful looking boots! :roll: Roo! Just get a normally coloured pair!!! That way the footy will just drop straight onto them, rather than trying to twist away to avoid the embarrassment :oops: of being associated with such a terrible fashion statement.

To like:
The first half!!!! Once again saints fans. That is the future staring at us. (Though I hope the goal kicking isn’t also the future staring at us!)
samuraisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Look at the Hawks tonight. They showed Geelong it doesn't matter how hard you try, kicking skills will always triumph.
And the funny thing is: Geelong are actually one of the most skilful sides going around - just not as good as Hawthorn.
Some excellent reports from agents ninja and Con!
Yes, look at the Hawks. Then look at our first quarter and a half against them earlier this year. Then, add in some strength, experience and match hardness. That will extrapolate to us being able to get reward on the scoreboard.
You will then be looking at our future!

Wright. That’s now two games in a row in which he didn’t manage to kill himself! If that becomes three, then I'm declaring he's on a roll! :D
Gooddard coming along nicely. Look out next year!
Dempster!

Not so likeable:
Hickey’s goal kicking.
Nearly everyone’s goal kicking!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
The mids NOT working out to rove to the dominant ruckman. ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
The defence without Dempster.

This week’s opposition player to bag:
Again, spoilt for choice.
Sadly though, the North Melbourne sooky la la brotherhood got a bit of the footy in the second half. Harvey, Thomas and still Waiteing - I'm still underwhelmed.

For next week:
IN
Delaney – time to come back big fella, you would have made it much harder for Petrie in that disastrous third quarter! :idea:
Murdoch or Markworth.
Holmes – time for a taste, Jason.

OUT
Sinclair – Have seen enough. This bloke is a keeper! Assuming we can’t qualify him for the finals with Sandy, I’d be putting him in cotton wool for next year.
Webster – Rest. Had sooky la la Thomas on toast............... till he copped yet another knock to those ribs.
Longer – rest.

Emergencies
Markworth,/Murdoch, Membrey (very very very unlucky), Sippos/Spenccarrrrhhhh (just because).

If big Jase doesn't get a gig next week, then Hickey rucks and Membrey gets a much deserved recall. But Members......... keep your feet!!!! And if you're in range, TAKE THE BLOODY SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!

(As "I can guess who" will rightly point out - also btw, another under appreciated analyst in my opinion), those changes won't add speed to the team.
But we're looking the long term view. There are certain blokes whom we need to get some games into. Also, Del coming in will free up more mobile defenders to roles they are better suited to............. intercept marking, third man up + rebounding.

To play out the season:
Wright! This guy is part of the future. Get games into him!!!!!!!
(Unless the coaching staff have already made up their minds) Minch and Saunders play out the season also.

Next in line for a run – Markworth or Murdoch.

Or, to put it another way. A truly excellent piece of intel analysis:
stkfc1 wrote:......... Saunders, Wright, Minch and Eli in the same category......... they need to learn to play within themselves first and once they've got that composure, then let their natural talent/instincts come to the fore.

Absolutely nothing to do with our game in Hobart:
I knew I should have had some money on the Eagles!!!! :( We were all treated to some of Machiavelli Rossi's finest manoeuvring on the weekend.

Thoughts Sainters?

Thoughts, Rodger?

- Aeon.

Rodge honey, what happened to your avatar? (Very unsure about that hair, nice abs though.)

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Flux Report: Round 20

AeonFlux wrote:Longer – rest.
Didn't he have a rest last week? I'm happy for him to be dropped but I think we'll have to call it what it is.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Fantastic report, as usual, whoever you really are.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:Fantastic report, as usual, whoever you really are.

Its obviously Dave. Changed his name for some silly reason. I have no idea why anyone would do that. Is a good report but just write it as Dave. The giveaway was Con and going early.

philtee
Club Player

We need Tayla Harris as our goal-kicking coach - what a follow-through !