Nathan Wright

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Nathan Wright

Any player missing out due to poor kicking is pretty stiff. If we only picked the blokes who consistently hit targets by foot, we'd have 5-man team.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
gringo wrote:There is a guy called Moorabin Ghost on Big Footy who claims to be somehow part of the club and seems reasonable knowledgable on internal rumblings and he has pretty much written him off due to his skill saying he never rated him because of poor kicking technique. I find it a bit infuriating if he is part of the club that he'd write him off so quickly.

He came on as the sub earlier this year and looked really good had an average full game the next week and seems to be written off. He bagged out Spencers application earlier in the year but now says that he is dealing with bigger issues than footy. Anyway who knows who he is but possibly he's gone at some point. I like the way he plays though. This guy also said Geary would be replaced but apparently Gears is the favourite of the coach.

No idea who this Moorabbin ghost is but can confirm what he says about spencer is true. It's not my place to share but he is battling some pretty heavy personal stuff...far bigger than football
Is it a battle he is likely to win ?
It really is something that only time can heal and knowing a friend who experienced something similar I'm not sure you ever truly recover in full.

#1 Ryder fan
S.A Saint
Club Player

Is having a great first half against north.. some blistering runs out of the back half.. Disposal has been very good actually when not tunning a million miles and hour. Needs to continue this for the rest of the season.

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Loving his game. He is like Geary but faster.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Looks like he really belongs now - just needs to compose himself when kicking at speed. Is definitely a player though as hard as nails!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Long Term Injury
Club Player

COmpletely agree, one of the shining lights

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Always had hopes for this bloke HE is a must to make it if we are to turn the corner

“Yeah….nah””
S.A Saint
Club Player

Down in the second but that could be said about everyone in the team.. need to keep getting games into him, will be a beauty i reckon

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:Down in the second but that could be said about everyone in the team.. need to keep getting games into him, will be a beauty i reckon
When he stops butchering the ball he's passable.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
S.A Saint
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:Down in the second but that could be said about everyone in the team.. need to keep getting games into him, will be a beauty i reckon
Dont think he butchers it anymore than 10 players on our list atm

saynta
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Dont think he butchers it anymore than 10 players on our list atm
What was he thinking kicking the ball to Gilbert, Whilst Sammy was surrounded by three Norf players with not another Saints player within shouting distance.

That was basically it when the ball sailed back over his head right through the middle.

He is hard at it though, and has a future, unlike Saunders.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

What position did he play?

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

The jaw busted by Beddie Etts set him back, but nowhere near as much as the busted leg.

Yep, he has weaknesses, but he has way more strengths, the main one being willingness. He'll learn the game sense, he's a really good kid with a fanaticism we could do with.

He'll make it, and be a damn good player.

He was a standout in his first season. The leg takes a while to get over, and coupled with the jaw is a sap to confidence.

On his kicking, it's a depth and angle perception problem, as much as anything. He rarely kicks the ball poorly when he goes long.

He's the sort of kid we have to bring along. I think we will.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

He deserves more development time. Lots of improvement there to be obtained. I like his pace and tenacity.

Saints94
SS Life Member

I rate Wright.

he will replace Geary , when the time is well wright 8-)

Saint wagga
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Loving his game. He is like Geary but faster.
Disagree with the comparison right at the moment Con, Wright only finds about half the amount of footy as Geary...Why? Do you think he can improve his aerobic capacity and start pushing up into one of our top 5 runners, because Geary is number 1 at the club isn't he? I'm not saying he has to be the best aerobic runner because he has plenty of top end speed which is great offensively, but does he have the tank to keep running to find space and pick up more possies across 4 quarters?

the dome
Club Player

Nathan Wright Keeping At It

Nathan has had a few telling injuries and made it back into the team the face north. There are speed and tenacity factors that make him appealing. Like Markworth I hope he has a good run free from injury. Perhaps another noteworthy performance and good pre-season will set him up. Nathan's tenacity could well get him over the line. Every year is different and 2016 may be the one for Nathan. :)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Loving his game. He is like Geary but faster.
Disagree with the comparison right at the moment Con, Wright only finds about half the amount of footy as Geary...Why? Do you think he can improve his aerobic capacity and start pushing up into one of our top 5 runners, because Geary is number 1 at the club isn't he? I'm not saying he has to be the best aerobic runner because he has plenty of top end speed which is great offensively, but does he have the tank to keep running to find space and pick up more possies across 4 quarters?
Cant answer that but point taken. Geary is a running machine but lacks pace over 20m.
At this stage it looks like Wright is very quick over 20-40m, but needs to work on his tank. Short twitch v long twitch and all that.
I guess I compare them because of their size, position and crazy courage.

stkfc1
Club Player

Out for the last few games with finger injury at training. I'm starting to worry this guy is jinxed! May the footy gods smile upon him next year and let him play all 22 games (and maybe a final would be nice?). Amen!