OUT: Basil IN: Hornsby

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint wagga
Club Player

Re: OUT: Basil IN: Hornsby

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:realistically its best practice to flip these guys regularly for their career they want to be involved with as many top class organisations and for the team changing up the routine can be a good thing ... its not like these guys reinvent the wheel a lot of the practices are simular from one to the other
This. There's only so many variations of 10 x 400m, or 15 x 200m's going around ;-)

In saying that, we have been good this year with a lack of soft tissue injuries during the season proper. Our ability to keep running certainly looks way better than last year, you'd think there would be a solid upward trend in running power from our young list that would correlate to this, that wouldn't take a genius...but I'd be interested to hear from Tony74 about weather there has been good improvement in weight gain from our young guys and also a good improvement in gym PB's... and also speed PB's on the track and repeat effort PB's...thats probably where the money is to be earned by these guys.

FQF
SS Life Member

I hope that whoever is calling the shots has a very, very sound plan for Billings' rehab.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

so was the guy terminated?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
St Ick wrote:Whilst we are fitter and running out games better in both the ones and twos - you only have to look at Billings throughout this year to see why Basil was moved on. Jacks issues this year can be attributed to his fitness management, and he is not alone.

The review at the start of the year after all of those injuries was not glowing for him from all reports.

I think that's very harsh. His record this year has been great and he isn't a doctor. he is the fitness guy. And are you saying he was sacked?
I don't have any more info than what is already out there. I did say he was moved on, but that's only heresay, I know nothing concrete and I guess it doesn't really matter one way or the other - I have a lot of faith in the people in charge of the club and if they are making appointments for next year already, they obviously went out and got their man - how Adam left shouldn't be the issue imo.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Ick wrote:Whilst we are fitter and running out games better in both the ones and twos - you only have to look at Billings throughout this year to see why Basil was moved on. Jacks issues this year can be attributed to his fitness management, and he is not alone.

The review at the start of the year after all of those injuries was not glowing for him from all reports.

I think that's very harsh. His record this year has been great and he isn't a doctor. he is the fitness guy. And are you saying he was sacked?
I don't have any more info than what is already out there. I did say he was moved on, but that's only heresay, I know nothing concrete and I guess it doesn't really matter one way or the other - I have a lot of faith in the people in charge of the club and if they are making appointments for next year already, they obviously went out and got their man - how Adam left shouldn't be the issue imo.
Moved on, terminated, sacked is the same thing

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

OUT: Basil IN: Hornsby

Seven injuries this week.

Time for Hornsby to go!

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
St Ick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Or maybe he got a better offer. He is still there until the end of the season.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
St Ick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Apparently needs to buy Dale Carnegie's book

You are garbage - Enough said
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:so was the guy terminated?
no I think John Connor got to him first so hes ok 8-)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saynta wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
St Ick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Apparently needs to buy Dale Carnegie's book
Yep, possibly, bit of a strange one from all accounts.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Mutual decision in the end. Richo wanted someone with a bit more experience in certain areas to work with Adam. Adam thought with his experience with the St. Kilda role he had a chance to explore other opportunities in the future. Everyone's happy. Coaches are pretty well in place for 2016. Snides will be poached by another club.

saint-stu
Club Player

I saw Adam Basil at the end of the Sandy game so must still be invollved tony74?

1ac46a38
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:I saw Adam Basil at the end of the Sandy game so must still be invollved tony74?
it was stated at the time of media release he was staying till end of season

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107