You have to be happy with that draw

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: You have to be happy with that draw

Enrico_Misso wrote:
Goose is king wrote:
Saint_J wrote:didn't win but for me great game 2nd to the bombers drubbing. (if only Jimmy got the sack after we smashed them)

He basically did
It was mentioned last week that negotiations with Tird commenced after the StK game.
So we can take IMMENSE pleasure that our win was the catalyst for his sacking.
Suck on that Botox boy :D
I hird (sic) that too and thoroughly enjoyed it. We got the prick sacked. It is funny because I said at the time that they think we are rabble. Our historic win: loss ratio against them is 1:2 meaning we only win 33% against them (100+ years). Them being pumped by us therefore is a HUGE deal for those flogs as they believe they own us. I loved it. Well done Saints.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

The game with a bit of everything ...

Nail-biting tension ... thought-provoking ending ... comedy relief (Stevie J's run down) ... nudity ...
... controversy ... cameo performance from aging superstars ... weirdoes in the crowd ...
and a new star unveiled.

dsav
Club Player

Photo album now up.
http://www.davesavell.com/p884143279

Dave
@SavellDave

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Was at the game and it almost felt like a win, dissapointed they didn't play the song, nor did the players embrace the fans after the game. My feeling was that the saints fans were keen to embrace that celebration.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:Was at the game and it almost felt like a win, dissapointed they didn't play the song, nor did the players embrace the fans after the game. My feeling was that the saints fans were keen to embrace that celebration.

You can never play the song after a draw but like most draws there does seem to be a winner and a loser and we were the winner last night.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

While both teams can't help but pull apart every single moment that could have lead to a narrow victory, that feels almost as good as win to me. Even more so if it ultimately keeps the Cats out of the finals!

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
spert
Saintsational Legend

For a club in our position, that outcome was pretty important considering we were playing a team who are pushing to play finals. I was disappointed with some terrible defensive work in the first half that gifted Geelong easy goals...we could have really set up a win early.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

A great Draw last night :D It will give the guys a lot of confidence, going into next year.

Sure there were errors, but they were on both sides. I liked how well we ran out all four quarters.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I hate draws.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I'm torn.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Funny how supporters from the opposing teams react to a draw. Geelong supporting friend of mine sent me a text straight after saying how much he hates them so I replied that we don't. Guess it depends on your expectations going in & after the last few weeks results & our inaccurate kicking for goal, I was quite happy with the draw.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Funny how supporters from the opposing teams react to a draw. Geelong supporting friend of mine sent me a text straight after saying how much he hates them so I replied that we don't. Guess it depends on your expectations going in & after the last few weeks results & our inaccurate kicking for goal, I was quite happy with the draw.

You didn't mind the drawn grand final then?

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

bigred wrote:I hate draws.
I hated the previous one more

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:Funny how supporters from the opposing teams react to a draw. Geelong supporting friend of mine sent me a text straight after saying how much he hates them so I replied that we don't. Guess it depends on your expectations going in & after the last few weeks results & our inaccurate kicking for goal, I was quite happy with the draw.

Yes I did mind it lol as my expectation on that day was that we should have won. :D

saynta
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:
saynta wrote:

Yes I did mind it lol as my expectation on that day was that we should have won. :D
Glad for you to clear that one up.

The Disch
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
8856brother wrote:
jamesmc wrote:Im pissed off we didnt win.
Who said melb has won already anyway?
Pick 4 or 5 couldnt care. Rather win every week.
Cheer up, it's a great result. Actually better than a win. Guys will gain just as much confidence as a 1 point win and our draft position will more than likely improve. Cats are also shattered. Happy days.
Yep
Yep what?