Kid dressed as an umpire

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kid dressed as an umpire

Lol at curlys son drag.

I too felt that it might of been a little bit of a set up
But the kid seemed to be on the edge of his chair loving it so who knows.

But its taken 21 rounds to find him doing his umpy gig?

Surely someone's seen the little fella before?

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

He 'fessed up last night he barracks for Hawthorn, so why be at a St Kilda game?

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:Good luck to the kid.

Takes a lot of guts to go against the mainstream.

+1
SaintPav wrote:
bigred wrote:They were sitting two rows in front of me on Saturday.

They had pretty much every single media outlet hovering.

It would appear his dad is mates with one of the umpires...

I dunno, it just doesn't seem right. But each to their own.
f***wit of an old man living his life and projecting through his innocent kid.

What

A

f******

Loser
That's a dumb thing to say. Maybe the kid wanted to dress as an umpire. Good for him. His dad's mate is one, so he can probably see the human side that most football fans like to think doesn't exist.

His dad would know that he'd cop a bit, so I'm sure he didn't push his kid to do that.

But hey maybe he should have dressed as a fat bogan instead and then be accepted by the population.
+1
Geez some ordinary comments on here.
Give the kid a go...he seemed pretty happy, good on him.

Nee!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The kid was obviously dropped at birth.

Bring back the Archbishop of St.Kilda!
Image[/url]

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Easy career path to go down to be honest. He can ruin any number of games coming up through the ranks and avoid scrutiny and keep getting paid.

What would you like to happen? I asked this question yesterday and got donuts. I'm pretty sure umpires cop more than most players so I don't even get what you mean.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Easy career path to go down to be honest. He can ruin any number of games coming up through the ranks and avoid scrutiny and keep getting paid.

What would you like to happen? I asked this question yesterday and got donuts. I'm pretty sure umpires cop more than most players so I don't even get what you mean.
Please, your taking the piss now.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Sorry but do 50% of the crowd boo all the players after a mistake or even just a normal kick? An umpire can make a correct decision and get booed. They cop more on the radio than most players and they get dropped like players. They also go through every decision with their coaches like most players. What more do you want considering you have complained previously that the umpires try to hard to be noticed?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Sorry but do 50% of the crowd boo all the players after a mistake or even just a normal kick? An umpire can make a correct decision and get booed. They cop more on the radio than most players and they get dropped like players. They also go through every decision with their coaches like most players. What more do you want considering you have complained previously that the umpires try to hard to be noticed?

s*** umpires get paid at the lowest level with no ability at all. Any questioning is met with a deaf ear. Umpires get little to no critisism in the media even when glaring mistakes are made because its a futile exercise that gets ridiculous responses from the men in charge.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
s*** umpires get paid at the lowest level with no ability at all. Any questioning is met with a deaf ear. Umpires get little to no critisism in the media even when glaring mistakes are made because its a futile exercise that gets ridiculous responses from the men in charge.

Sorry but I don't quite get your first sentence. Umpires get plenty of criticism in the media and anyway whats the point in criticizing them? To make supporters feel better? And the responses are only ridiculous if they are completely wrong. The problem with you is you complain about correct decisions and then think the response is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but the less we hear about umpiring the better. And if you don't think we have a problem getting junior umpires then go to local footy. There is huge problems and silly criticism wont help get better umpires.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Sorry but I don't quite get your first sentence. Umpires get plenty of criticism in the media and anyway whats the point in criticizing them? To make supporters feel better? And the responses are only ridiculous if they are completely wrong. The problem with you is you complain about correct decisions and then think the response is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but the less we hear about umpiring the better. And if you don't think we have a problem getting junior umpires then go to local footy. There is huge problems and silly criticism wont help get better umpires.

You're famous

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

You're famous

Thanks but ive never thought that about me. I'm glad you do though.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

bulls*** bulls*** bulls***. Umpires are plentiful in junior ranks as the the money is good and kids enjoy doing it. The problem is the senior umpires and the coaches of the junior umpires that teach them that they are the most important part of the day.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
bulls*** bulls*** bulls***. Umpires are plentiful in junior ranks as the the money is good and kids enjoy doing it. The problem is the senior umpires and the coaches of the junior umpires that teach them that they are the most important part of the day.

Umpires are not plentiful in junior ranks at all. Many have to do multiple games and junior ranks also means lower competitions and there are no where near enough in the Ammos for example. You can swear and call bulls*** but facts show you are wrong. And how do you know it the coaches fault about how the juniors are taught. I will have a guess and say you have no idea if that is a problem as I dont. Its more likely people like yourself who say decisions are wrong when they don't even understand the rules. And I still haven't heard how you want the umpires to be scrutinised? Remembering you have basically said umpires should be seen but not heard.

Austinnn
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:The kid was obviously dropped at birth.

Bring back the Archbishop of St.Kilda!
Image[/url]

That video is AWESOME! Come back, Bish! St Kilda needs you!

Also, Pav: cheers, I get where you were coming from by the way and it could very well be that you are correct. Certainly if his dad did passively encourage the boy to do all that you are right to question his integrity. The dad and his mate are obviously really into umpiring and its rubbed off on the boy.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Umpires are not plentiful in junior ranks at all. Many have to do multiple games and junior ranks also means lower competitions and there are no where near enough in the Ammos for example. You can swear and call bulls*** but facts show you are wrong. And how do you know it the coaches fault about how the juniors are taught. I will have a guess and say you have no idea if that is a problem as I dont. Its more likely people like yourself who say decisions are wrong when they don't even understand the rules. And I still haven't heard how you want the umpires to be scrutinised? Remembering you have basically said umpires should be seen but not heard.
Given that the umpires never make mistakes acoording to themselves shows I am right.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Given that the umpires never make mistakes acoording to themselves shows I am right.

See this is why its impossible to have a reasonable conversation about things. You make a comment that is clearly either a known lie or uninformed to try and get people onside. Either discuss it properly or its a complete waste of time.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

See this is why its impossible to have a reasonable conversation about things. You make a comment that is clearly either a known lie or uninformed to try and get people onside. Either discuss it properly or its a complete waste of time.

Well p66 if the stats show that between ROO and Bruce have received less then 20 frees between them and no one from the umpires department has come out and said we have made countless mistakes how can we trust them? The picture they used on the AFL website of Alex Rance shows him clearly infringing Roo but apparently this is play on and fine. We have coaches meetings all the time and have the umpires boss get up and tell us we are all wrong and they are right and any complaints will be treated with a grain of salt. As I said maybe its the older umpires that have turned them into unaccountable egotists.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Well p66 if the stats show that between ROO and Bruce have received less then 20 frees between them and no one from the umpires department has come out and said we have made countless mistakes how can we trust them? The picture they used on the AFL website of Alex Rance shows him clearly infringing Roo but apparently this is play on and fine. We have coaches meetings all the time and have the umpires boss get up and tell us we are all wrong and they are right and any complaints will be treated with a grain of salt. As I said maybe its the older umpires that have turned them into unaccountable egotists.

I would think they would have to be asked about the mistakes for a start. Richo said he speaks to Campbell quite regularly so unless you know what is said then you have made that up and secondly as I have said many times just because you think its a mistake doesn't mean it is. As for pictures well I cant take you seriously if you use them. A picture is a moment in time. It could be .001 of a second. If we picked frees from pictures there would be seriously 1000 a game. Have you seen the picture of Leo Barry mark in the GF. Its a certain free to WCE going by the picture but no one at the ground or even afterwards have suggested it should have ever been a free. And how do you know the umpires boss says they are right and we are all wrong. Again its just made up emotive words. Anyway I'm still waiting for you to tell me how we can scurtinise umpires better and I would love to know what you would do to fix umpiring. And I have heard since I was old enough to remember that the current year is the worst year for umpiring. The only proble with that is when you see games in the 60's and 70's the umpiring is laughable.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

How dioes a simple conversation about one kid dressing up as an umpire turn into a slag fest about nothing?

Moving right along let's move onto "Tiger Boy" a.k.a Ginger Meggs and "Cat man" , two more "It's all about me...."

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:How dioes a simple conversation about one kid dressing up as an umpire turn into a slag fest about nothing?

Moving right along let's move onto "Tiger Boy" a.k.a Ginger Meggs and "Cat man" , two more "It's all about me...."

I don't think it is a slag fest about nothing at all. Its a normal conversation about umpiring. There is no personal stuff at all. Maybe its better we make fun of the kid and the family.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

yeah but the thread was about the kid that likes to dress up as an umpire.

If we want a legitimate thread about the ins and outs of being a filthy multi-colored maggot, then it can surely hold its own somewhere else.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:yeah but the thread was about the kid that likes to dress up as an umpire.

If we want a legitimate thread about the ins and outs of being a filthy multi-colored maggot, then it can surely hold its own somewhere else.

Ok we will keep it knocking a 9 year old and his parents. Sorry.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yep, retain focus please.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Well at least he started learning the umpire trade early at a young age.
By the time he gets to the afl level he will be able to get a decision right at least.

Good on the fella
Someone's got to do it and if he loves it then good luck to him.
Must've been brainwashed tho :)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Well at least he started learning the umpire trade early at a young age.
By the time he gets to the afl level he will be able to get a decision right at least.

Good on the fella
Someone's got to do it and if he loves it then good luck to him.
Must've been brainwashed tho :)
Something not quite right there, I'm afraid.