Treloar nominates Pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Treloar nominates Pies

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-07/t ... -for-trade

ADAM Treloar will inform Greater Western Sydney on Tuesday that he wants to be traded, with the out-of-contract midfield star set to nominate Collingwood as his preferred new home.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Treloar nominates Pies

Let me guess. The Pies offer their 7th pick, GWS turn it down, Treloar says he'll quit footy if they don't agree, he gets to Collingwood for a jumbo pack of chips and a family pack of bite size snickers bars.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Eddie pisses and moans about Sydney having a endless cap all the while Collingwood are still grabbing big priced players.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Eddie pisses and moans about Sydney having a endless cap all the while Collingwood are still grabbing big priced players.
Taylor Adams
Pat Karnezis
Luke Ball
Darren Jolly
Paul Mediums
Levi greenwood

Am I missing someone?

Compare that list of names to
Gunstan, Burgoyne, Lake, Frawley, Gibson, Mcevoy, Hale

Franklin, Tippett

Dal Santo, Waite, Higgins

I don't see how Collingwood have really benefitted more than any other club.

Hell look at the players St Kilda have either poached or picked up unopposed in the last few years

Savage, Roberton, Weller, Longer, Hickey, Bruce, Membrey... Probably pretty close to the collingwood list already.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

When did Saintsational become a Collingwood forum?? :shock:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Treloar, Adams, Elliott, Kennedy, Scharenberg, Crisp, Karnezis, De Goey

They are building a serious young midfield, we are miles behind that at the moment.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Treloar, Adams, Elliott, Kennedy, Scharenberg, Crisp, Karnezis, De Goey

They are building a serious young midfield, we are miles behind that at the moment.
Fair call...we appear very KPP and half back orientated

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
CURLY wrote:Eddie pisses and moans about Sydney having a endless cap all the while Collingwood are still grabbing big priced players.
Taylor Adams
Pat Karnezis
Luke Ball
Darren Jolly
Paul Mediums
Levi greenwood

Am I missing someone?

Franklin, Tippett

Hell look at the players St Kilda have either poached or picked up unopposed in the last few years

Savage, Roberton, Weller, Longer, Hickey, Bruce, Membrey... Probably pretty close to the collingwood list already.

Cloke 850k
Pendlebury 850k
Reid 650k
Adams 500k
Treloar 750k
Sidebottom 600k
Greenwood 450k
Elliot 500k

I doubt anyone on the list of Saints is on more than 350k.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Taylor Adams
Pat Karnezis
Luke Ball
Darren Jolly
Paul Mediums
Levi greenwood

Am I missing someone?

Franklin, Tippett

Cloke 850k
Pendlebury 850k
Reid 650k
Adams 500k
Treloar 750k
Sidebottom 600k
Greenwood 450k
Elliot 500k

They drafted Cloke, Pendlebury, Reid, Sidebottom and traded picked up Elliot the same way we picked up Saad and Milera.

What on Earth is your point... how much do you think Riewoldt, Fisher, Armitage and Steven are on?

Collingwood should have plenty of salary cap space, because if they don't it means that they are significantly overpaying a team well behind the pack, especially considering they are one of the younger sides about.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Taylor Adams
Pat Karnezis
Luke Ball
Darren Jolly
Paul Mediums
Levi greenwood

Am I missing someone?

Franklin, Tippett

Cloke 850k
Pendlebury 850k
Reid 650k
Adams 500k
Treloar 750k
Sidebottom 600k
Greenwood 450k
Elliot 500k

You forgot Swan...He'd be on a pretty penny and White would not have been cheap.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Taylor Adams
Pat Karnezis
Luke Ball
Darren Jolly
Paul Mediums
Levi greenwood

Am I missing someone?

Franklin, Tippett

Cloke 850k
Pendlebury 850k
Reid 650k
Adams 500k
Treloar 750k
Sidebottom 600k
Greenwood 450k
Elliot 500k

They drafted Cloke, Pendlebury, Reid, Sidebottom and traded picked up Elliot the same way we picked up Saad and Milera.

What on Earth is your point... how much do you think Riewoldt, Fisher, Armitage and Steven are on?

Collingwood should have plenty of salary cap space, because if they don't it means that they are significantly overpaying a team well behind the pack, especially considering they are one of the younger sides about.
Im saying they have some pretty top end of the scale players payment wise.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Taylor Adams
Pat Karnezis
Luke Ball
Darren Jolly
Paul Mediums
Levi greenwood

Am I missing someone?

Franklin, Tippett

Cloke 850k
Pendlebury 850k
Reid 650k
Adams 500k
Treloar 750k
Sidebottom 600k
Greenwood 450k
Elliot 500k

Without being rude Curly your last comment is so far off the mark. It has been reported Steven is getting 700k next season so Armo would be close to that. Roo would be on a bit more than that. Dempster and Fisher would be on close to 400 to 500K. If what you said was true we wouldn't be paying 70% of our cap.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Taylor Adams
Pat Karnezis
Luke Ball
Darren Jolly
Paul Mediums
Levi greenwood

Am I missing someone?

Franklin, Tippett

Cloke 850k
Pendlebury 850k
Reid 650k
Adams 500k
Treloar 750k
Sidebottom 600k
Greenwood 450k
Elliot 500k

Without being rude Curly your last comment is so far off the mark. It has been reported Steven is getting 700k next season so Armo would be close to that. Roo would be on a bit more than that. Dempster and Fisher would be on close to 400 to 500K. If what you said was true we wouldn't be paying 70% of our cap.
I was refering to the list of Saints players that we had got to the club Roberton Weller Membury Savage etc

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Taylor Adams
Pat Karnezis
Luke Ball
Darren Jolly
Paul Mediums
Levi greenwood

Am I missing someone?

Franklin, Tippett

Cloke 850k
Pendlebury 850k
Reid 650k
Adams 500k
Treloar 750k
Sidebottom 600k
Greenwood 450k
Elliot 500k

I was refering to the list of Saints players that we had got to the club Roberton Weller Membury Savage etc

Ok sorry. I agree. Roberton will be at his contract and so will Bruce.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Taylor Adams
Pat Karnezis
Luke Ball
Darren Jolly
Paul Mediums
Levi greenwood

Am I missing someone?

Franklin, Tippett

Cloke 850k
Pendlebury 850k
Reid 650k
Adams 500k
Treloar 750k
Sidebottom 600k
Greenwood 450k
Elliot 500k

You forgot Swan...He'd be on a pretty penny and Jesse White would not have been cheap.
+ Jack Crisp.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We must have plenty of room in our cap to accommodate a few players. Once you take Fisher Montagna Roo and Dempster out we will have a gaping hole in our cap. Too much to fill in one year. Thats why I think we need to be already looking at getting in some players. I dont understand this FA in 2017 strategy. That wont work with our SC. Unless we pay that one player in 2017 $2 million a year. I assume Fisher would be on way less next year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:We must have plenty of room in our cap to accommodate a few players. Once you take Fisher Montagna Roo and Dempster out we will have a gaping hole in our cap. Too much to fill in one year. Thats why I think we need to be already looking at getting in some players. I dont understand this FA in 2017 strategy. That wont work with our SC. Unless we pay that one player in 2017 $2 million a year. I assume Fisher would be on way less next year.

I reckon Fisher gets about 400K next season. The reason I don't want a FA yet is because we probably would have to overpay that player to get him and that could upset some players especially as we aren't in the window. Players wont care as much if that player can win you a flag. A FA now is very unlikely to be around to win is a flag. The other thing you can do now is bank 5% of our cap for the following year. Maybe an overpayed FA would stop us doing that. Id rather front load our guys to get to 95% and then attack a FA when the window is open.

FQF
SS Life Member

I assume Steven contract, and other similar new contracts, will be constructed in such a way that they will fill some of that gaping hole when the oldies retire. It really doesn't do any good to be paying anyone over their value.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:I assume Steven contract, and other similar new contracts, will be constructed in such a way that they will fill some of that gaping hole when the oldies retire. It really doesn't do any good to be paying anyone over their value.

As long as its true value for the length of the contract I don't see an issue.

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:I assume Steven contract, and other similar new contracts, will be constructed in such a way that they will fill some of that gaping hole when the oldies retire. It really doesn't do any good to be paying anyone over their value.

As long as its true value for the length of the contract I don't see an issue.
Agree. Seeing as there is a minimum salary cap, it is important that every contract is weighted so that at no point are we having to overpay anyone. Thus, Steven may be paid 600k in 2016, 800k in 2017, 900k in 2018, 600k in 2019 and 400k in 2020. Anyway, I have no doubt that the club is totally on top of this sort of thing, it's bread and butter stuff for a footy administration these days.

Joffrey
Location: Iron Throne - or wherever in the Seven Kingdoms that I can find a decent WiFi hotspot.

plugger66 wrote:The reason I don't want a FA yet is because we probably would have to overpay that player to get him and that could upset some players especially as we aren't in the window. Players wont care as much if that player can win you a flag. A FA now is very unlikely to be around to win is a flag. The other thing you can do now is bank 5% of our cap for the following year. Maybe an overpayed FA would stop us doing that. Id rather front load our guys to get to 95% and then attack a FA when the window is open.
This!!!

Misunderstood.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think its hard to make a call on FA unless we know the full detail of how our list payments are structured...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

4 million the HS is saying
not sure on length