Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle

Moods wrote:I agree that Carlisle would be a huge get, considering his age and his talent. However there is one little thing hanging over his head that some of us may have forgotten about........ If the bombers escape serious sanction then it's a fantastic get, BUT if they get what many on here want, it's a waste of time picking up him or anyone else associated with that club. The problem is, we won't know the outcome until early next year if we're lucky, so it will be a gamble of a different type (compared to Bennell) if we try and lure him across.

Even if they are found guilty they will get bugger all. Well that's what it seems many think who are across this.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Moods wrote:I agree that Carlisle would be a huge get, considering his age and his talent. However there is one little thing hanging over his head that some of us may have forgotten about........ If the bombers escape serious sanction then it's a fantastic get, BUT if they get what many on here want, it's a waste of time picking up him or anyone else associated with that club. The problem is, we won't know the outcome until early next year if we're lucky, so it will be a gamble of a different type (compared to Bennell) if we try and lure him across.

Even if they are found guilty they will get bugger all. Well that's what it seems many think who are across this.
Agreed. I am curious though what ppl are hoping for now that it appears we may be able to snare one of their stars?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Agreed. I am curious though what ppl are hoping for now that it appears we may be able to snare one of their stars?

They will now be hoping for bugger all apart from that Carlton supporter who has engineered the WADA appeal, Ian Rush.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Mark Robinson ‏@Robbo_heraldsun 6 minutes ago Sydney, New South Wales
Bombers would want a Round 1 and Round 2 pick for Carlisle and will be happy to deal with the Saints...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Bombers would want a Round 1 and Round 2 pick for Carlisle and will be happy to deal with the Saints...
So Robbo the EFC PR machine speaks again in the Dons best interests!!!

I am sure they would . But Carlisle is also damaged goods and not worth Pick 5 (7) and 23 (-26).
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 08 Sep 2015 3:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
FQF
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
I would spit in their face.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I think its going to take a 10 to 15 pick to get it done. We may just give them our pick 5 which seems more and more like pick 9.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Crameri was traded from Essendon to the Western Bulldogs in exchange for pick number 26 in the National Draft.

We should be aiming for swapping our second round pick. Perhaps with a player or exchange of other picks.

One huge problem with dealing with EF is that the trade will not be done early, and that may stuff up our ability to trade pick 5 in an optimum way.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 08 Sep 2015 3:40pm, edited 2 times in total.

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I think its going to take a 10 to 15 pick to get it done. We may just give them our pick 5 which seems more and more like pick 9.
Would you swap pick 9 for him?

FQF
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Crameri was traded from Essendon to the Western Bulldogs in exchange for pick number 26 in the National Draft.

We should be aiming for swapping our second round pick. Perhaps with a player or exchange of other picks.
The problem is that Carlisle is probably worth a 10-20 pick and we don't have one. Carlton would probably happily give up pick 10 for him, thus outbidding us. We really need him to nominate us if we are a chance I reckon, unless we give pick 5(9).

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I think its going to take a 10 to 15 pick to get it done. We may just give them our pick 5 which seems more and more like pick 9.

That's the thing. If our pick was pick 9 I think we would be happy to do it. Our pick at the moment is pick 5 but it could end up pick 9. I think I would do the deal. He is a very good young player. He is proven. Certainly more than pick 9 will be.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Is their another player at EFC that we would want.

Pick 5 for Carlisle + 1 ?

Pick 5 for Carlisle and the Dons second round pick?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

markp wrote:

He does realise that Carlisle is OOC.

1st and 2nd piss off idiot :roll:

You are garbage - Enough said
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

FQF wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Crameri was traded from Essendon to the Western Bulldogs in exchange for pick number 26 in the National Draft.

The problem is that Carlisle is probably worth a 10-20 pick and we don't have one. Carlton would probably happily give up pick 10 for him, thus outbidding us. We really need him to nominate us if we are a chance I reckon, unless we give pick 5(9).

We need to get in his ear. Give him money and the key defensive post. Make him happy. Will be back to being a star and all Australian backmen.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

We need also Kruezer and Leunberger to not land big enough contracts to make them band 1 compo and this earn picks 2 and 4 in the draft for Blues and Lions.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

One huge problem with dealing with EF is that the trade will not be done early, and that may stuff up our ability to trade pick 5 in an optimum way.

Crameri was 25 years old and is a HFF. That makes pick 9 seem ok.

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:

That's the thing. If our pick was pick 9 I think we would be happy to do it. Our pick at the moment is pick 5 but it could end up pick 9. I think I would do the deal. He is a very good young player. He is proven. Certainly more than pick 9 will be.
I tend to agree but worry that keep pushing off our midfield problem. If the club was to know that we would get Goddard, Carlisle, Membrey and Bruce would kick 50 goals you'd think we would have taken Petracca.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:

If he does not nomimate us, we have no chance.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

He's a dud (woeful kick), so he's a certainty to come to us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:

I tend to agree but worry that keep pushing off our midfield problem. If the club was to know that we would get Goddard, Carlisle, Membrey and Bruce would kick 50 goals you'd think we would have taken Petracca.

I agree about mids. I think the game is more and more about medium sized forwards and mids and less and less about rucks who cant get around the ground and forwards who cant move around the ground but it seems our club what the KPP first. I just hope the game doesn't change even more especially with less rotations. I think they will want even more runners.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Hoping we can get him for our second round pick..

pick 5 or whatever it is, we are giving up to much.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
markp wrote:

He does realise that Carlisle is OOC.

1st and 2nd piss off idiot :roll:
Also we have to find a job for hird.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

EFC will play hard on a trade due to the fact that they are horrible to deal with in trading. Carlisle will likely end up walking out without a trade into the preseason draft and be picked up by Carlton.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
FQF
SS Life Member

SENsei wrote:EFC will play hard on a trade due to the fact that they are horrible to deal with in trading. Carlisle will likely end up walking out without a trade into the preseason draft and be picked up by Carlton.
They might be the most fortuitous wooden spooners in history.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:Hoping we can get him for our second round pick..

pick 5 or whatever it is, we are giving up to much.
What if we give them our first pick in exchange for Carlisle and their second pick plus another possible later pick?

They get consecutive picks in rounds 1 (4 & 5).
We get Carlisle and consecutive picks in the 2nd round.

Maybe try and get one of the Hawks' unrestricted midfielders like Suckling or Whitecross - neither would cost the Earth and both are pretty good users of the ball by foot.