Bayside is the Best - Stuff all the Rest??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Bayside is the Best - Stuff all the Rest??

We're now a few years into our "Port Melb to Portsea" love fest, so I'm interested how us supporters are feeling about it.

I see our social media channels sprouting "Saints Say Thanks" to their members by handing out Dare to the masses at Frankston Station. Seems to be Dare marketing more than saying thanks IMO?? Same with dropping off eskies to supporters, I'm tipping they're not getting far past the Nepean Hwy

Do we risk alienating supporters outside of the bayside area?? In the world of globalisation meaning we are being too small minded by concentrating on a small area, or does the work we put into the bayside area mean we can afford to lose support elsewhere??

I live in the Eastern suburbs, but it might as well be Mars with the connection I feel to the club. I know my kids will never get Saints players at their school clinics, or their Auskick days. Just this season, we've had Carlton players at the local hospital, 'Pies and Kangaroos at the shopping centre, and guys from Hawthorn at Auskick. These are the same shopping centres and Auskick (well, Vickick back then anyway) had Saints visiting pretty regularly when I was growing up.

And members who live interstate would be even worse off.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Re: Bayside is the Best - Stuff all the Rest??

That's your own fault for living in the crappy eastern suburbs. Nice and sunny here in Sandringham. Probs pissing down where you live.

Saints94
SS Life Member

I live in country NSW.

I've never received a phone call or an esky full of iced coffee.

club seems to focus on the bayside area a lot.

elizabethr
Club Player

We get nothing in Queensland

nothing to say
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Steven Sziller came to my door but all he wanted was a beer. Anyway on topic I don't think clubs can get around the whole state. They can only do the best that they can do and in the last 2 years they have done a great job IMO. If we were like this in our GF years we would have many more members than we have now. What a waste.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

get nothing in syria

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

plugger66 wrote:Steven Sziller came to my door but all he wanted was a beer. Anyway on topic I don't think clubs can get around the whole state. They can only do the best that they can do and in the last 2 years they have done a great job IMO. If we were like this in our GF years we would have many more members than we have now. What a waste.
Did he ask you to turn up the Steel Panther CD you were playing so they could hear it better down the street?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Steven Sziller came to my door but all he wanted was a beer. Anyway on topic I don't think clubs can get around the whole state. They can only do the best that they can do and in the last 2 years they have done a great job IMO. If we were like this in our GF years we would have many more members than we have now. What a waste.
Did he ask you to turn up the Steel Panther CD you were playing so they could hear it better down the street?

Steel Panther? Ive only just stopped listening to the bay city rollers.

santazzi
Club Player

Saints94 wrote:I live in country NSW.

I am also very much regional. I live in Tassie!!! As such very little fringe benefits!!!However any marketing strategy the club pursue (such as focus on the Bayside) is fine by me. Hopefully there will be dividends by way of enhanced membership.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

santazzi wrote:

I am also very much regional. I live in Tassie!!! As such very little fringe benefits!!!However any marketing strategy the club pursue (such as focus on the Bayside) is fine by me. Hopefully there will be dividends by way of enhanced membership.
Hopefully next year you will be able to buy a 3 game membership. Hawks in Launceston, Roos in Hobart, and 1 Melb game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
santazzi wrote:

Hopefully next year you will be able to buy a 3 game membership. Hawks in Launceston, Roos in Hobart, and 1 Melb game.

Got to be doubtful but who knows.

santazzi
Club Player

tony74 wrote:
santazzi wrote:

T74, it will be great if this eventuates. There are people in Tassie who would like to support the Saints, but are restricted by their financial circumstances from purchasing full interstate membership. Fringe benefits or not, I am in a lucky position to continue to support the club by purchasing full interstate membership.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Sweet f*** all in sa
Don't even get match functions.

Get an hrs training at 3pm before the weekends game
Which is fine...if youre on the dole or want to use a whole annual leave day for two hrs.

But I no complain.
8-)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:
santazzi wrote:

I think Tone knows a fair bit more than you plugs just quietly.....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:
santazzi wrote:

I think Tone knows a fair bit more than you plugs just quietly.....

I know nothing. He has a record of knowing just about even less unless you think SW was a great coach and the club rates White and Markworth. The guys is obviously working for the club as a volunteer and that is great. We need even more of them but the fact is he hasn't got anymore right than Saynta.

Now the knockers can start but before you knock me look at facts. And again I know nothing. That is fact. Well unless Luke Obrien tella me something and he refuse to.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

where the f*** did 'right' come from
right to what?

tony is prob giving an opinion of what he feels is being looked at withing the club maybe?
maybe it wont happen
maybe it will
no ones putting the house on it ffs

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:where the f*** did 'right' come from
right to what?

tony is prob giving an opinion of what he feels is being looked at withing the club maybe?
maybe it wont happen
maybe it will
no ones putting the house on it ffs

As I said you never attended.