Carlton unlikely to unload Kruezer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints
Club Player

Carlton unlikely to unload Kruezer

Not sure how his name is spelt but he failed a medical with the bulldogs , now the filth have withdrawn interest, means we should get a pick one lower than if he leaves.
Sorry if this is on another thread

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlton unlikely to unload Kruezer

Did we make a mistake not offloading someone last year when we finished bottom so we could get pick 1 & 2?
Melbourne have done well offloading Frawley.
I know we may not have had the opportunity . Just a thought.

saint-stu
Club Player

This is the problem with giving teams a pick after their first pick. It makes them want to offload players just to get that pick which means it's way too generous.
I think compensation picks should start after round one. Otherwise every other team is paying for the free agent move rather than the two teams involved. It's completely unfair.

1ac46a38
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Apparently Marc Maclure said on radio over the weekend he is off to Collingwood!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:This is the problem with giving teams a pick after their first pick. It makes them want to offload players just to get that pick which means it's way too generous.
I think compensation picks should start after round one. Otherwise every other team is paying for the free agent move rather than the two teams involved. It's completely unfair.
Strongly agree. It should be 2nd Rder for the very good players (like we got for Dal). So Melb would have got pick 2 20, 21 last year. Seems much fairer.
Encourages teams to try and keep players and not play games. If Danger leaves, Crows should get 12, 30, 31. A 2nd rounder is still decent compo. In most sports if a player leaves a player leaves and that is that. Any compo is a bonus really.

Rosco
Club Player

Or instead of a second rounder a superstar leaving gets you pick 11 (so it's after all the teams that missed finals). Band two is pick 19, etc.

Or get rid of them. Simple.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

OP may be a little premature.

A factor here will be how little (or much) that the Blues will pay him as a final offer.

For other clubs he is a "free pick-up" and that helps greatly to minimise the risk in acquiring him as long as you do not pay big $$$ for him as that will obviously impact your ability to reatin your talent and to attract other talent.

Personally I do not rate Kruezer that highly, but say you are the Tigers with thin ruck stocks he may be a handy pick-up if his salry is not high.

If the Blues stay low with their offer then the Tigers may only need match it to possibly lure Kruezer across. He might even move over for slightkly less.

Kruzer is 26:

* Will be in his prime for say then next 3 seasons...and the Blues are likely to be bottom 4 for that period
* Tigers could arguably play finals for all 3 seasons
* and with his injury history his body may not last for the Blues next rise up the ladder

Pies or Tigers may still sign him for the above reasons.

EFC could rort the system by agreeing to FA Kreuzer with a salary high enough to increase Carlisle's compo pick, while securing a cheaper pick/player trade for Carlisle from the Blues than say the Saints may offer. (Personally I think the EFC would be crazy to get Kruezer as they should be rebuilding rather than topping up).

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
8bloggs
Club Player

Unsure what you mean by 'increase Carlisle's compo pick' - did you mean he will attract a free agent compo pick for Essendon (correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he was just out of contract rather than being a free agent)?

james rose
Club Player

Hearing rumors that he is indeed going to Collingwood and that GWS, Collingwood and Carlton are working together to try and ensure Carlton get pick 2 as compensation.

Why would they do that? Look at who is leaving GWS as well.

Just a rumor but a reasonable source.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

8bloggs wrote:Unsure what you mean by 'increase Carlisle's compo pick' - did you mean he will attract a free agent compo pick for Essendon (correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he was just out of contract rather than being a free agent)?
By way of explanation.

Lets say :

= EFC (or the Pies value Kruezer)as being worth to the say $400K per year.

As a Free Agent that is unlikely to generate to the Blues the highest possible compensation pick. ie They may get Band 2 rather than Band 1.

= And the Blues are willing to swap their second pick (say pick 20) and third (38) for Carlisle.

But if EFC take Kruezer and agree to pay him $600K for 3 years...and say earn the Blues a compensation pick coming in at No 2, then the Blues will agree to swap say their picks 2 for Carlisle and pick 5.

Costs EF $300K more...but they upgrade from 20 to pick 2.
Blues lock in Calisle and have pick 5 rather than pick 21.

Now whether the AFL would go along with it is another question...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

saint-stu wrote:This is the problem with giving teams a pick after their first pick. It makes them want to offload players just to get that pick which means it's way too generous.
Agree

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:By way of explanation.

Lets say :

= EFC (or the Pies value Kruezer)as being worth to the say $400K per year.

As a Free Agent that is unlikely to generate to the Blues the highest possible compensation pick. ie They may get Band 2 rather than Band 1.

= And the Blues are willing to swap their second pick (say pick 20) and third (38) for Carlisle.

But if EFC take Kruezer and agree to pay him $600K for 3 years...and say earn the Blues a compensation pick coming in at No 2, then the Blues will agree to swap say their picks 2 for Carlisle and pick 5.

Costs EF $300K more...but they upgrade from 20 to pick 2.
Blues lock in Calisle and have pick 5 rather than pick 21.

Now whether the AFL would go along with it is another question...
I'm not quite sure I follow...Essendon would only upgrade from 5 to 2, not 20 to 2.

supersaints
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:OP may be a little premature.

A factor here will be how little (or much) that the Blues will pay him as a final offer.

For other clubs he is a "free pick-up" and that helps greatly to minimise the risk in acquiring him as long as you do not pay big $$$ for him as that will obviously impact your ability to reatin your talent and to attract other talent.

Personally I do not rate Kruezer that highly, but say you are the Tigers with thin ruck stocks he may be a handy pick-up if his salry is not high.

If the Blues stay low with their offer then the Tigers may only need match it to possibly lure Kruezer across. He might even move over for slightkly less.

Kruzer is 26:

* Will be in his prime for say then next 3 seasons...and the Blues are likely to be bottom 4 for that period
* Tigers could arguably play finals for all 3 seasons
* and with his injury history his body may not last for the Blues next rise up the ladder

Premature??only telling you what I know.

Btw Jamesrose has the scam outlined... Collingwood scamming to get a pick 2 for Carlton to go on as part if a trade involving GWS. Caroline Wilson has some more premature thoughts

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl ... =text-only

Pies or Tigers may still sign him for the above reasons.

EFC could rort the system by agreeing to FA Kreuzer with a salary high enough to increase Carlisle's compo pick, while securing a cheaper pick/player trade for Carlisle from the Blues than say the Saints may offer. (Personally I think the EFC would be crazy to get Kruezer as they should be rebuilding rather than topping up).

Go Sainters !!!!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:
Agree
Why can't Gilligan just come out and make this ruling?

The nuffies at the AFL make it up as they go

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
supersaints
Club Player

Nothing to see here move along.

Alarm bells should have rang when Carltons best offer was risen to $1 mill over three years , but some generous bonuses added if he played the majority of all the season(s)

Collingwoods offer over $700,000 per year was to get pick 2 for Carlton, to use to get the GWS trade between the three clubs only Kreuzers dickey foot plate was assessed very poorly. If they end up getting pick two for hom we should burn down AFL house. The big cheats never stop do they!

Go Sainters !!!!!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

His body must be shot.

supersaints
Club Player

As a "premature OP". Just like to say...

ANOTHER big free agent piece has fallen, with Carlton ruckman Matthew Kreuzer putting months of speculation behind him to re-sign with the Blues for a further two seasons.

The 26-year-old was a restricted free agent but has inked a deal that will keep him at Carlton until the end of 2017.

Go Sainters !!!!!