2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

the dome
Club Player

Enjoying Newnes' Development

I wouldn't like to see Newnes drop out of the development picture. I just get the feeling he could keep on developing and making himself undropable.
Newnes seems to be well respected around the club for his effort and professionalism. Still seems young with a good bit of development left in him.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trade Rumours

If we did trade Seb to Essendon with our second for Carlisle, I would be asking them for their 3rd in return, which would be handy in other negotiations.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Geary and our 2nd rounder to Essendon for Carlisle.

We have a plethora of small backs, all of which are better kicks than Geary, and are likely to be adding at least 1 more in Rice come draft time. A good opportunity to transition Geary out of the side as we regenerate.

Essendon need some experience and love our over the hill Saints in BJ and Gwilt, Geary would suit them perfect.

Brilliant tactics by the Saints coaching staff in overrating Geary's year in our b&f to trump up his trade value. Genius.

Playon
Club Player

We'd be crazy to offer Newnes and a 2nd rounder for Carlisle. Picture WADA winning their appeal, by the time that happens and he gets a 2 years suspension, wouldn't that place it in our projected premiership window? What good would he be then?
If we got him cheap, no probs, The club needs him to nominate us or forget him, which means Carlton can offer him less dollars and pick him up in the PSD and the bombers get nothing. Perhaps the bombers are using us as a bargaining pole to get something from Carlton (his first preference) he needs to nominate now.

I don't know how Newnes name got floated around for this, is this a SS rumor?

I can't see us getting Kelly unless we pay massive overs (who'd my first choice of the rumor bunch) and with Aish were already supposedly using our second rounder for Carlisle, so what would it take?
We may get Freeman but why do we want him? Is he the Markworth of Collingwood?

I don't see it mathematically possible to get all of them, perhaps Kelly and Aish should be our first priority
Last edited by Playon on Wed 16 Sep 2015 7:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

A bloke on Big Footy who claims to have inside knowledge said trade would involve a popular player and fans won't be happy.

With that in mind, and with the presumption that it would have to be a decent player, posters started throwing names about.

Newnes was one suggestion and it's grown from that.

So I don't believe there is any real basis to link Jack, or anyone else for that matter, at this point in time.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:If we did trade Seb to Essendon with our second for Carlisle, I would be asking them for their 3rd in return, which would be handy in other negotiations.

Barry the will laugh at us trying to give them about pick 25 plus Ross for Carlisle. He will cost us our first rounder unless we can somehow get a pick around 10.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:We'd be crazy to offer Newnes and a 2nd rounder for Carlisle. Picture WADA winning their appeal, by the time that happens and he gets a 2 years suspension, wouldn't that place it in our projected premiership window? What good would he be then?
If we got him cheap, no probs, The club needs him to nominate us or forget him, which means Carlton can offer him less dollars and pick him up in the PSD and the bombers get nothing. Perhaps the bombers are using us as a bargaining pole to get something from Carlton (his first preference) he needs to nominate now.

I can't see us getting Kelly unless we pay massive overs (who'd my first choice of the rumor bunch) and with Aish were already supposedly using our second rounder for Carlisle, so what would it take?

I don't see it mathematically possible to get all of them, perhaps Kelly and Aish should be our first priority

If WADA win the appeal they will still only get a few weeks. Its going to pretty much cost the same, appeal or no appeal. As for Newnes its just a SS or BF rumour. I think we actually offered Steven plus our second rounder.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Fans won't be happy.... I never understood that we support the club end of the day it's their asset they are trading we are only here to cheer them on....

That said you can bet an angry letter will be written .... FFS

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Playon
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Playon wrote:We'd be crazy to offer Newnes and a 2nd rounder for Carlisle. Picture WADA winning their appeal, by the time that happens and he gets a 2 years suspension, wouldn't that place it in our projected premiership window? What good would he be then?

If WADA win the appeal they will still only get a few weeks. Its going to pretty much cost the same, appeal or no appeal. As for Newnes its just a SS or BF rumour. I think we actually offered Steven plus our second rounder.
LOL Richo isnt the only one that spits out coffee

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think there is very good chance the Bombers will pick up Parish.

If they get Newnes Ill be upset. One of my favourites. Hard as a cats head and good decision maker.

Megsie
Club Player

Re: Trade Rumours Extra

Sipposs gone.

Megsie
Club Player

Sipposs gone.

Playon
Club Player

Maybe we could offer him some cash and give the bombers SFA. Don't we need midfielders most of all?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Fact? Or are we still just saying that we know is prob coming?

Ross , yeah not too fussed if seb left

stjay
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:A bloke on Big Footy who claims to have inside knowledge said trade would involve a popular player and fans won't be happy.

With that in mind, and with the presumption that it would have to be a decent player, posters started throwing names about.

So I don't believe there is any real basis to link Jack, or anyone else for that matter, at this point in time.
Yep, all speculation based off the "well liked player" comment.
FWIW no-one has linked Newnes to the Carlisle trade.
The name most linked to that trade is Ross although again, all pure speculation.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Apparently Sipposs gone according to the Trade Rumours Extra thread

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

Apparently Sipposs gone according to the Trade Rumours thread & the Trade Rumours Extra thread

citywest

I read a post on here last week that if we trade Billings for Carlisle St Kilda should fold....I agree that if we did this trade then we should fold.
Now I'm hearing Newnes for Carlisle. I'll say it right now. If St Kilda trade Newnes for Carlisle then St Kilda may as well fold.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:I read a post on here last week that if we trade Billings for Carlisle St Kilda should fold....I agree that if we did this trade then we should fold.
Now I'm hearing Newnes for Carlisle. I'll say it right now. If St Kilda trade Newnes for Carlisle then St Kilda may as well fold.

But you are happy to get rid od the B&F and the person who came second in the hope of getting unproven players who the best they can do is match those positions but much more likely not too. Lets just pray you have nothing ever to do with our club. Newnes for Carlisle is at least in our favour, Your deals are laughable.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

Devilhead wrote:Apparently Sipposs gone according to the Trade Rumours thread & the Trade Rumours Extra thread

What about the delisted thread?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I don' know if i would class Newnes as well liked amongst the fans.

Don't get me wrong he's not disliked... But from a development point of view, he's made steady progress.

Some people really rate him, others find him a bit underwhelming... Most ppl say he's progressing well, solid if unspectacular.

The point of this is that i don't think he's the mentioned guy as part of the deal.

I also can't see why we'd trade him... Yes u have to give something to get something but there's no point getting rid of something u need to get something you need. You're in the same place only you've damaged ur culture and morale to a degree

Playon
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:A bloke on Big Footy who claims to have inside knowledge said trade would involve a popular player and fans won't be happy.

Maybe its Saad, it could be anyone. Thats even if its true.

Time for jaxons to add his little bit

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
evo
Club Player

Seeing that we have a plethora of hbf's and inside mids I would think it would be one of those.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Time for jaxons to add his little bit
Yes - hopefully to all the Trade and Draft threads on this site