2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints
Club Player

Re: 2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

I'll stick my next out and say... This thread is no longer about the subject matter... It's about the same posters who are changing the OP to " it's all about me" ... Seriously , this forum has been dragged to the mire for over two years, we've been dragged from pillar to post.
These days I get about four pages to the OP on most subjects , then I can't stand to go through "the same bulls***... Every post

FFS guys give it a rest at least now and then, your killing Saintsational

This forum will end up a sad piece of history if you don't , have a serious think about what you are actually doing .if you keep going even you will have no one to Piss off...,

fWIW, I'm sure I'll now be on your attack list , but I really feel the need to say what most must be at least thinking. I love the Saints. I love this forum but your killing it....

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
evo
Club Player

:roll: On this thread it is the usual two flogs having a pissing contest and another with a citywest obsession.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So who are we actually in with a serious chance of getting? Not just name dropping.

Aish is either staying in Brissie or going to the PIes. Forget about him.

If Treloar goes to PIes - I think Aish stays in Brissie.

Freeman I want - but is his Manager just using us as leverage to get a better deal at the Pies?

The way I see it:

Carlisle 50 % chance
Freeman 30% chance
Kelly 20% chance
Anyone else 0%

SuperDuper
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:So who are we actually in with a serious chance of getting? Not just name dropping.

Freeman I want - but is his Manager just using us as leverage to get a better deal at the Pies?

The way I see it:

Carlisle 50 % chance
Freeman 30% chance
Kelly 20% chance
Anyone else 0%
From what I can tell Con, it mostly internet forum B.S. "linking" us to people...

But the Carlisle link is clear, there has been a statement from the club, we are definitely after him and in with a good chance...
And the Freeman case... there is definitely something there... we have clearly made some play for him, or else Balme would not have made those comments about him..

The rest... I just cant see anything that is anywhere near substantial that indicates that we are really in the hunt.. We probably are sniffing around and asking questions... in fact I am sure that we are... but I do not see strong indicators that we are really in with good chances...

Having said this... IF we landed Carlisle + Freeman in this trade period... without giving up too much... I recon they could be great pick ups and it would be a good year's work... hopefully along with a couple of promising youngsetrs..

If Rice nominates us it would help as we may not have to use a specific pick... just match the points required...

So if we ended with Carlisle, Freeman, Rice + one more highly rated youngster
I think that would be an outstanding outcome

How trading goes with Carlisle will determine what pick we have for said highly rated youngster.. hopefully pick 5, but maybe it is traded down to a later first round pick in the Carlisle deal...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:I'll stick my next out and say... This thread is no longer about the subject matter... It's about the same posters who are changing the OP to " it's all about me" ... Seriously , this forum has been dragged to the mire for over two years, we've been dragged from pillar to post.
These days I get about four pages to the OP on most subjects , then I can't stand to go through "the same bulls***... Every post

FFS guys give it a rest at least now and then, your killing Saintsational

This forum will end up a sad piece of history if you don't , have a serious think about what you are actually doing .if you keep going even you will have no one to Piss off...,

fWIW, I'm sure I'll now be on your attack list , but I really feel the need to say what most must be at least thinking. I love the Saints. I love this forum but your killing it....

Totally agree.

citywest

Con Gorozidis wrote:So who are we actually in with a serious chance of getting? Not just name dropping.

The way I see it:

Carlisle 50 % chance
Freeman 30% chance
Kelly 20% chance
Anyone else 0%
Why do you want Freeman Gorrah? From all reports his hammies are gone!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:

The way I see it:

Carlisle 50 % chance
Freeman 30% chance
Kelly 20% chance
Anyone else 0%

What reports are they? I haven't read that.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
citywest wrote:

The way I see it:

Carlisle 50 % chance
Freeman 30% chance
Kelly 20% chance
Anyone else 0%

What reports are they? I haven't read that.
Because there are none. His hamstrings are a problem but have read nothing about them being "gone".

You are garbage - Enough said
defacto
Club Player

Austinnn wrote:Coming back here after a week or two away on BF is like having a holiday back in the village you were brought up in after many years after moving away to the city and catching up with your old school mates who you still have loads of time for, but you can plainly see the different paths you took in life and you are so glad you got out while you were young. Nice to drop by now and then though.
nailed it mate. came on here for the first time in a while and geeze, every thread is argue argue argue, like theres some bitter blood feud going on

Playon
Club Player

The way I see it:

Carlisle 50 % chance
Freeman 30% chance
Kelly 20% chance
Anyone else 0%
Carlisle will be if we want him enough and he wants to come to the Saints, If Talia leaves the doggies things might heat up, Carlton could always outbid us if they wanted to. We may throw the most cash at him so who knows. He's still on holidays.
I'd put us at 80%

Freeman again, Pies have offered him 2 years where previously it was one but still hasn't signed, Rumor from an old school mate is that he wants to move
So pies would have to do a lot better. I'd place him at 70%

Kelly 0% It may of been a case of
Saints "Hey GwS do you want to trade kelly"
GWS "No"
Saints "Hey Kelly do you want to come to the Saints?"
Kelly "No"
Tony Sheahan reported that he's happy to remain at GWS
To get Kelly would take overs.

Aish too many things here to rate
Doubtful. Brisbane are trying to close the shop and honestly who could blame them

No other whispers yet, well no other ones that have been repeated

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Aish has asked to be traded to Collingwood. Fancy that.

Am also very nervous as to why Carlisle hasn't nominated us if he wants to come. If you were having a guess, it would make sense he is waiting for another club to finish their season before naming them. Hawks may pip us. It's been a long time since a genuinely good player has wanted to come to Moorabbin, Seaford. Hopefully that changes over the next few weeks.

Out-of-contract Aish has been widely tipped to leave the Lions after failing to take up a three-year deal offered by the club for most of this year.

However, the Lions are becoming quietly confident the 19-year-old might have a change of heart and remain in Brisbane for 2016 and beyond.

Speaking on SEN on Saturday, Lions CEO Greg Swann said Aish was genuinely weighing up his future.

"He came to our best and fairest, he went to Mad Monday, he came and got his program for the off-season," Swann said

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Out-of-contract Aish has been widely tipped to leave the Lions after failing to take up a three-year deal offered by the club for most of this year.

However, the Lions are becoming quietly confident the 19-year-old might have a change of heart and remain in Brisbane for 2016 and beyond.

Speaking on SEN on Saturday, Lions CEO Greg Swann said Aish was genuinely weighing up his future.

"He came to our best and fairest, he went to Mad Monday, he came and got his program for the off-season," Swann said
Well Greg will be disappointed.

No doubt
I couldn't find anything on the SEN site or facebook page etc etc That its come from SEN, so I guess it was an on air comment?
Thats if SEN has their facts straight

Although I've seen this
https://twitter.com/theafloffseason?lang=en
There has been no official word from Brisbane or Aish's management as of yet.

It is understood Hawthorn hold considerable interest in the talented midfielder

Tony Sheahan originally reported this on the 12th of September

and nothings come of it as yet, not to say it's not true and may happen, but an old rumor which could be taken with a grain of salt

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:

The way I see it:

Carlisle 50 % chance
Freeman 30% chance
Kelly 20% chance
Anyone else 0%
Carlisle will be if we want him enough and he wants to come to the Saints, If Talia leaves the doggies things might heat up, Carlton could always outbid us if they wanted to. We may throw the most cash at him so who knows. He's still on holidays.
I'd put us at 80%

Freeman again, Pies have offered him 2 years where previously it was one but still hasn't signed, Rumor from an old school mate is that he wants to move
So pies would have to do a lot better. I'd place him at 70%

Kelly 0% It may of been a case of
Saints "Hey GwS do you want to trade kelly"
GWS "No"
Saints "Hey Kelly do you want to come to the Saints?"
Kelly "No"
Tony Sheahan reported that he's happy to remain at GWS
To get Kelly would take overs.

Aish too many things here to rate
Doubtful. Brisbane are trying to close the shop and honestly who could blame them

No other whispers yet, well no other ones that have been repeated
Thanks for that info. Appreciated. Good assessment.

Citywest: Re Freeman's hammies. His old man was a champion hurdler I think - so fast twitch and all that. Not surprising he has pinged his hammy a few times at his age, especially with the kind of cross training you have to do for footy. So it doesnt put me off. If he is still doing his hammy at 23-24 - then he is probably unfit and poorly trained. But doing a hammy at 18-19 doesnt worry me.

st.rick
Club Player

Looks like the draft rumours have dried up for the Saints and no confirmed delistings yet.
Come on all you city fellas get your ears to the ground and find some new deals and happenings :)

stjay
Club Player

The odds are slipping on us get Carlisle IMO.
Met with him last week, apparently. Tabled a very generous offer, apparently. And he still hasn't nominated us as his preferred destination.
I think we are getting used as leverage here.
Big rumours that he'll be a dog or a blue.
Might be time to move on.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:The odds are slipping on us get Carlisle IMO.
Met with him last week, apparently. Tabled a very generous offer, apparently. And he still hasn't nominated us as his preferred destination.
I'm honestly not that fussed on Carlisle
Be more xcited if we snared Kelly...

“Yeah….nah””
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:No doubt
I couldn't find anything on the SEN site or facebook page etc etc That its come from SEN, so I guess it was an on air comment?
Thats if SEN has their facts straight

Although I've seen this
https://twitter.com/theafloffseason?lang=en
There has been no official word from Brisbane or Aish's management as of yet.

It is understood Hawthorn hold considerable interest in the talented midfielder

Tony Sheahan originally reported this on the 12th of September

and nothings come of it as yet, not to say it's not true and may happen, but an old rumor which could be taken with a grain of salt
How can Hawthorn afford all these players?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
stjay
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
stjay wrote:The odds are slipping on us get Carlisle IMO.
I'm honestly not that fussed on Carlisle
Be more xcited if we snared Kelly...
Feel the same.
Would be good but there will be other opps

st.rick
Club Player

Would really like Carlisle as i think he might of not liked what went on at Essendon over the last few years, Then being moved forward when he is a better backman.

His 2012,2013 years where really good and a change of club and a move to the backline could be all he needs to regain that spark. A player i think that still has a bit to offer is Jed Adcock i know he is 30, I think he could play another 3 or 4 years and isn't injury prone and he would be cheap, would be better than Ray, Shenton, etc.

stjay
Club Player

I don't think there is any chance we will be drafting a 30yr old delisted player. Shenton is contracted and we need the list space for a youngster if Ray finds another club who will give him two years.

jaxons
Club Player

Carlisle is away for 2 weeks so need to make a decision yet.
We are trying to close on something that will superseed all.....watch this space!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

st.rick wrote:Looks like the draft rumours have dried up for the Saints and no confirmed delistings yet.
Come on all you city fellas get your ears to the ground and find some new deals and happenings :)

I am with you rick. Lots of bait lines and names being dropped but I dont feel like we are any closer to reeling in a fish.... Remember footy managers are a ruthless duplicitous lot.. They are probably telling multiple clubs the same lines....

Long Term Injury
Club Player

jaxons wrote:Carlisle is away for 2 weeks so need to make a decision yet.
We are trying to close on something that will superseed all.....watch this space!
Nothing like a salaciously ambuiguous comment by Jaxons at this time of the year to get the juices flowing! Keep em coming!!