Happy Birthday Cuz

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Happy Birthday Cuz

One of the best I've seen in red, white and black. Neil Elvis Winmar turns 50 today.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Happy Birthday Cuz

In my top 4 of all time favorite players
Happy Birthday Cuz

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Happy birthday mate. 50 is the new 35.

Also one of my all time favorites along with Robbie Muir, Banger, Trevor and big Carl

Zinger

Whoooooooweeeee
50 big wuns !!!!
What a champ ..
Yeeeehaaaar

the dome
Club Player

Happy Birthday Cuz

Have a great birthday Nicky.
Easily one of my all -time favourate Sainters.
I was lucky enough to witness a decent swag of Nickys' memorable marks through the 90s.
Still remember the spontaneous roar of 'Niickeeey" when Nicky soared out of nowhere to clunk yet another spectacular mark. During the era that served up Plugger; Banger & Loewe for the previously finals neglected Sainters we will always remember the joy Nicky brought us in the stands with his silky skills and awe-inspiring marking. Things began to turn around then for St. Kilda & Nicky Winmar played a significent part in the development of a much stronger St.Kilda outfit. The positive momentum generated then continued on up to the Lyon era and will hopefully keep rolling as we continue to put another great St.Kilda team together to bring us into finals contention again.

Glad you are still around Nicky and glad I can vouch for the joy you brought to many of us Sainters when you played in the red, black & white. :D

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:Happy birthday mate. 50 is the new 35.

Also one of my all time favorites along with Robbie Muir, Banger, Trevor and big Carl
Hear, hear! I concurr!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Harves Man
Club Player

the dome wrote:Have a great birthday Nicky.
Easily one of my all -time favourate Sainters.
I was lucky enough to witness a decent swag of Nickys' memorable marks through the 90s.
Still remember the spontaneous roar of 'Niickeeey" when Nicky soared out of nowhere to clunk yet another spectacular mark. During the era that served up Plugger; Banger & Loewe for the previously finals neglected Sainters we will always remember the joy Nicky brought us in the stands with his silky skills and awe-inspiring marking. Things began to turn around then for St. Kilda & Nicky Winmar played a significent part in the development of a much stronger St.Kilda outfit. The positive momentum generated then continued on up to the Lyon era and will hopefully keep rolling as we continue to put another great St.Kilda team together to bring us into finals contention again.

Glad you are still around Nicky and glad I can vouch for the joy you brought to many of us Sainters when you played in the red, black & white. :D
Great post and sums up a lot of what I feel. He was an awesome, electric player who went on to become consistent, under Ken Sheldon.

Vazelos
Club Player

Mr Magic was one of the most complete footballers I ever saw.
An absolute pleasure to watch him play.
Winmar to Lockett.....
That was the 80s for Saints fans.
Happy Birthday Cuz