Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Playon
Club Player

Re: Jake Carlisle

No Plough suggested pick 5 for Carlisle and Freeman, 5 to the bombers for their second rounder and Carlisle, then the use the 2nd rounder for Freeman.
Earlier Brown suggested Carlisle for pick 5 and Ross

Plough went on to say that he thought that would make all 3 clubs happy. Saints get 2 young guys for pick 5, Bombers end up with pick 4 and 5 and Pies get their second rounder.

Brown then went on to say dont you think Carlsile is worth pick 5, and Wallace replied with he may of been a couple of years ago, but he's been inconsistent, had a couple of injury concerns and there's been some doubts on his coachabilities
Last edited by Playon on Thu 08 Oct 2015 1:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
chook23 wrote:Suggestion on trade radio
saints pick 5 to Essendon for carlisle and bombers 2nd round (about pick 23)
saints then on trade pick 23 to Collingwood for freeman.

we get the 2 for pick 5
I don't think that's a good deal. Pick 5 is our chance to get an elite skilled mid we are crying out for. Instead we end up with a back we are chockas with and a mid with dodgy hamstrings who has barely managed an afl game. This screams of Ricoh seeing finals in his eyes instead of patiently building for sustained success. Signed, greatly concerned
I agree that's not a great deal
We all know the risks with both these players and one is OOC so handing over pick 5 for 23 isn't great
If prefer a player plus 2nd rounder for Carlisle and keep 5 for mid - already been stated that the top end this draft as good as any previously so an elite mid is in the offing

Time to be shrewed and a little greedy if we want to climb ladder - if anyone thinks we are "thereabouts" genuine finals contenders take a look at the back half of last season
It's not just about playing finals fast - it's about building for a sustained tilt which means shrewed dealing aka Hawks
Can not believe how one eyed or unreasonable people are when discussing trading..........I understand people want it to be in our favour but you can not expect it to be so heavily our way........

Just who is this player that would be traded from our side.

Carlisle and Freeman for 5 in circumstance above would be very reasonable.

saint4life
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Both Freeman and Carlisle are OOC.

I too would prefer a player plus our second rounder for Carlisle. But will the Dons accept someone that we are ok to lose?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ripplug66
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Both Freeman and Carlisle are OOC.

I too would prefer a player plus our second rounder for Carlisle. But will the Dons accept someone that we are ok to lose?

I asked this many times but why does OOC mean so much all of a sudden. 90% of players traded are OOC and most if not all get true value. Its only in contract players that sometimes get over valued. It will take a pretty good player for Essendon to accept pick 27. Its a pretty nothing pick.

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

As has been suggested many times on this forum and elsewhere it is far more likely that we will trade down pick 5 for either two later picks or a later pick and player and use one of those picks on Carlisle. Whichever way you look at it it will be a triumph if we can land Carlisle, Freeman and Young and still retain pick 5. Not sure then how picking a couple of young guys v late in the draft, which is what we'd be left with, fits in with our strategy.

yipper
SS Life Member

We may use pick 5 on Treloar - watch this space!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:We may use pick 5 on Treloar - watch this space!!
IF only yipper.......we are dreaming

saint4life
robbie muir
Club Player

Pick 5 could be available for Treloar. Rumour ( quite strong ) is that Treloar has cooled on the pies and we are in with a big chance.

yipper
SS Life Member

Chook - we are very much in the game on the Treloar scenariou. He nominated Pies / saints were his second choice.... Something could eventuate there. Serious rumour this one!!! Pies choice not working out. P.S: How you going old fella??

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote:
yipper wrote:We may use pick 5 on Treloar - watch this space!!
IF only yipper.......we are dreaming

Apparently not chook

You are garbage - Enough said
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Good god. If we landed Carlisle, Freeman and Treloar then we'd have a serious shot at finals next year. We'd have to basically miss out on the first three rounds of the next two drafts and/or trade some decent players though. I wonder if GWS would have any interest in Gilbert or Geary as experienced leaders. It would take something like Pick 5, 2016 2nd rounder and a player at minimum to get Treloar. They'd probably be interested in Hickey but I can't imagine Tom would want to move to Western Sydney to be a second ruck instead of being a second ruck in Melbourne.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Chook - we are very much in the game on the Treloar scenariou. He nominated Pies / saints were his second choice.... Something could eventuate there. Serious rumour this one!!! Pies choice not working out. P.S: How you going old fella??
Good thankyou................hope you and family are well

Read the above on bigfooty but would need the footy gods to be really smiling on us........

surely Collingwood will get it done for a player like treloar

saint4life
yipper
SS Life Member

All good on the family front thanks Chook.

Getting a bit of info from my son obviously - who is talking to key players in this trade stuff. Yes - a bit of luck needed. But not as much as you might think.
Imagine ending trade period with: Treloar, Carlyle and Freeman?? Top 8 next season would be achievable.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If landed Treloar, Carlisle, Freeman I would lose my rag. Wed be finals contenders in 2016 for sure.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So we actually had a double coaching connection with JC, and who both would have had good insight into him.

St Kilda coach Alan Richardson worked with Carlisle in the key-position player’s first season at the Bombers in 2010, while Saints defensive coach Rohan Welsh was his coach with Vic Metro in the Under-18 championships in 2009.
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-10-0 ... erfect-fit

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:If landed Treloar, Carlisle, Freeman I would lose my rag. Wed be finals contenders in 2016 for sure.
I as well

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Ameet Bains has said on AFL trade talk that pick number 5 is not an option for Jake and is very confident that a deal will be done.

sabras
Club Player

everyone let Ameet Bains know we aren't prepared to give up pick 5...

hit the man up on twitter...

bigred
Saintsational Legend

He knows.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Nothing surprising.. They will meet in the middle. Could see another team coming into it.. Not like Essendon would come out and say, we will settle with a 2nd or third rounder + a player.. If I was Essendon, I would be pushing hard for pick 5. Just hope our team push harder in what we want which I believe we will. Jake will get to the saints, we will keep pick 5..

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
chook23
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Ameet Bains has said on AFL trade talk that pick number 5 is not an option for Jake and is very confident that a deal will be done.
stated it would not be a straight swap....

does not rule out other options

saint4life
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Ameet Bains has said on AFL trade talk that pick number 5 is not an option for Jake and is very confident that a deal will be done.
Stick firm Saints -he's not that special is he

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

No Ahmeet very carefully said that pick 5 would not be a direct swap for Carlisle.

So pick 5 is an option, buy just not as a direct swap. Could be part of a bigger deal....in all sorts o ways involving other picks, players and/or clubs

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

robbie muir wrote:Pick 5 could be available for Treloar. Rumour ( quite strong ) is that Treloar has cooled on the pies and we are in with a big chance.
How delightful that would be! Getting Freeman off them and then stealing Treloar! That would certainly be suitable revenge for the theft of Luke Ball.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I think we'll try and trade player(s) & picks for a first round pick. Trade that pick or 5 for Carlisle and keep the pick not used on Carlisle.