Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle

Pick 5's.

Carlisle is not worth pick five.

http://footymaths.blogspot.com.au/2015/ ... -2015.html

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintjake
Club Player

Superfooty just posted an article on twitter saying Adelaide might be able to save Essendon/Carlisle andhelp get a deal done.

In the article they said that the Saints are currently offering pick 24 and are also willing to do pick 24 and a player.

Superfooty's solution was that Saints trade 5 to Adelaide for 9 and 28.. in which they would on trade pick 9 for Carlisle and Saints end up with 28 to go with 24.

If we currently are only valuing Carlisle at 24... why the hell would we trade 5 to give them 9 and only get back 28. Surely if we did that deal we'd keep 9 and offer them 28 and 24 or something?

Sometimes I'm amazed at the "Experts" and how they get paid for having such terrible suggestions and opinions.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:Superfooty just posted an article on twitter saying Adelaide might be able to save Essendon/Carlisle andhelp get a deal done.

In the article they said that the Saints are currently offering pick 24 and are also willing to do pick 24 and a player.

Superfooty's solution was that Saints trade 5 to Adelaide for 9 and 28.. in which they would on trade pick 9 for Carlisle and Saints end up with 28 to go with 24.

If we currently are only valuing Carlisle at 24... why the hell would we trade 5 to give them 9 and only get back 28. Surely if we did that deal we'd keep 9 and offer them 28 and 24 or something?

Sometimes I'm amazed at the "Experts" and how they get paid for having such terrible suggestions and opinions.
It is a ludicrous article.
We'd be better off giving pick 5 to Essendon and getting their 2nd round pick back.

Might even be worth proposing our 1st and 3rd round to Essendon for both their 2nd round picks and Carlisle.
That would give three consecutive picks in the 2nd round and Carlisle.
It gives Essendon picks 4 & 5 and also consecutive 3rd round picks.

saintjake
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote:
saintjake wrote:Superfooty just posted an article on twitter saying Adelaide might be able to save Essendon/Carlisle andhelp get a deal done.

We'd be better off giving pick 5 to Essendon and getting their 2nd round pick back.

Might even be worth proposing our 1st and 3rd round to Essendon for both their 2nd round picks and Carlisle.
I'd rather take pick 5 to Gold Coast and try and trade it for 10 & 19 (assuming they get 10 from Port for Dixon) keep 10 and give the Bombers 19 for Carlisle. I'd still prefer for Essendon to stop being pricks and just take 24 for him though.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

I'd rather take pick 5 to Gold Coast and try and trade it for 10 & 19 (assuming they get 10 from Port for Dixon) keep 10 and give the Bombers 19 for Carlisle. I'd still prefer for Essendon to stop being pricks and just take 24 for him though.
I think Carlisle is worth more than pick 24.
But not worth pick 5.
Adelaide's 9 & 13 for 5?

saintjake
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote:
saintjake wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

I think Carlisle is worth more than pick 24.
But not worth pick 5.
Adelaide's 9 & 13 for 5?
I agree, 9 & 13 is clearly better than 10 & 19. Essendon would be much happier with 13 than 19.
Carlisle is a tall, athletic backman that reads the play well, has superb hands, and is only 24. Easily better than 24. But if Essendon keep being pricks about it. Screw them. Our draft/Trade period will be much better if Essendon play hardball & Carlisle walks for nothing to us and we can keep 5 for a midfielder.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

trade 5 for 9&13 ... keep em both ... give the dons 24 or hello psd.
... whats wrong with that ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saintjake
Club Player

WindSister wrote:trade 5 for 9&13 ... keep em both ... give the dons 24 or hello psd.
... whats wrong with that ?
I like it

the dome
Club Player

Ess expect & want more than the rest

Trade-guy Ralph on SEN an hour ago reckons the Carlisle tug of war will go to the 11th. hour or 'late Thursday' as he put it. Essendon no doubt have the strategy of not budging from their demands to get Pick 5, assuming the Saints will cave-in to their feudal overlords in red & black @ the end of the day.
I noticed Selwood from the coasters got to the cats for Pick 37, then I wondered how he compares to J.C. obviously 2 different players but could there be a reality check for the bombres in this?
With the expectation that the Saints will be held up till late next Thursday I really hope our club is persuing other avenues.

saintjake
Club Player

Re: Ess expect & want more than the rest

the dome wrote:Trade-guy Ralph on SEN an hour ago reckons the Carlisle tug of war will go to the 11th. hour or 'late Thursday' as he put it. Essendon no doubt have the strategy of not budging from their demands to get Pick 5, assuming the Saints will cave-in to their feudal overlords in red & black @ the end of the day.
I noticed Selwood from the coasters got to the cats for Pick 37, then I wondered how he compares to J.C. obviously 2 different players but could there be a reality check for the bombres in this?
With the expectation that the Saints will be held up till late next Thursday I really hope our club is persuing other avenues.
I reckon the club has to put a time frame on it, once it elapses they have to move on and chase any other player they're targeting.
Just say to Carlisle - "Look, we want you on our team, we want you as part of our future. We've put forward a reasonable offer & they have refused. If you go through the draft, we will take you. If you aren't comfortable with that, then farewell, good luck."

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ess expect & want more than the rest

saintjake wrote:
the dome wrote:Trade-guy Ralph on SEN an hour ago reckons the Carlisle tug of war will go to the 11th. hour or 'late Thursday' as he put it. Essendon no doubt have the strategy of not budging from their demands to get Pick 5, assuming the Saints will cave-in to their feudal overlords in red & black @ the end of the day.
I reckon the club has to put a time frame on it, once it elapses they have to move on and chase any other player they're targeting.
Just say to Carlisle - "Look, we want you on our team, we want you as part of our future. We've put forward a reasonable offer & they have refused. If you go through the draft, we will take you. If you aren't comfortable with that, then farewell, good luck."

This...

There is no way JC is worth trading away our top pick. There's no way he's worth 15

Don't do this Saints

james rose
Club Player

I'll just leave this here.

http://www.zerohanger.com/st-kildas-bac ... isle-2628/

100% reliable source.

Can't say we're still into him but we were before Carlisle became an option, food for thought.

ace
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Pick 5's.
Carlisle is not worth pick five.
http://footymaths.blogspot.com.au/2015/ ... -2015.html
How good is Carlisle.
Essendon claim Carlisle is worth pick 5.
Essendon claim Carlisle is All Australian standard.
Well, Carlisle did not finish in Essendon top 10 best and fairest.
Gee, they have 10 players better than a pick 5.
Essendon has at least 11 players of All Australian standard.
Essendon has a lock on next years premiership.
They are surely invincible.
Hawks you have no chance.

Come on Bombers what "supplement" are you on this time.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

james rose wrote:I'll just leave this here.

100% reliable source.

Can't say we're still into him but we were before Carlisle became an option, food for thought.
Although the last line says "Bulldog Daniel Talia".....I wish that was the Talia available.....

I reckon I'd give up Pick 5 for Daniel Talia, but wouldn't give up Pick 105 for Michael Talia.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

100% reliable source.

Would seem to be a bit light and short to be a genuine KPD unless he is very good, which I assume he is not. Would be more likely to be a third tall defender.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 13 Oct 2015 4:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
CarlD
Club Player

Giants seem to be playing tougher with Collingwood over Treloar and seeking bids from other clubs. Would be interesting if the Giants were keen on a bid from elsewhere to see how wedded Treloar is to Collingwood or how much more Collingwood would be prepared to give up to better an alternate offer.

james rose
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:

100% reliable source.

Would seem to bea bit light and short to bea genuine KPD unless he is very good, which I assume he is not. Would be more likely to be a third tall defender.
Same listed height as Roo...

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dealing with Essendon in good faith ? an oxymoron ?

there is only one sort of dealing they know of.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

We all know this is going to get ugly - and be a test of nerves. But so what. Great clubs hold their nerve at trade week. Hawthorn are a prime example of this.

There's going to be no goodwill between ourselves and Essendon at the end of this, but, frankly, I don't care about what their fans think about us or what their club says about us. Come on - it's Essendon.

As the trade period drags on, the PSD seriously comes into play. That's the worry for Essendon. If it's a risk for us, so be it. The Saints have to hold their nerve - and we get to keep Pick 5 anwyay.

Quite frankly, for a club in a rebuilding phase - which we are still in - our top pick is simply too valuable to be given away when we have legitimate and alternative means of procuring players who have already nominated us as their preferred destination.

The really interesting development is GWS playing hardball on Adam Treloar, saying they will deal only with the best offer.

Our pick 5 and 24 would trump Collingwood's 7 and 26. I'd go for that. However, the swapping of those picks could give us Nathan Freeman.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:We all know this is going to get ugly - and be a test of nerves. But so what. Great clubs hold their nerve at trade week. Hawthorn are a prime example of this.

There's going to be no goodwill between ourselves and Essendon at the end of this, but, frankly, I don't care about what their fans think about us or what their club says about us. Come on - it's Essendon.

As the trade period drags on, the PSD seriously comes into play. That's the worry for Essendon. If it's a risk for us, so be it. The Saints have to hold their nerve - and we get to keep Pick 5 anwyay.

Quite frankly, for a club in a rebuilding phase - which we are still in - our top pick is simply too valuable to be given away when we have legitimate and alternative means of procuring players who have already nominated us as their preferred destination.

The really interesting development is GWS playing hardball on Adam Treloar, saying they will deal only with the best offer.

Our pick 5 and 24 would trump Collingwood's 7 and 26. I'd go for that. However, the swapping of those picks could give us Nathan Freeman.
Such a good post. If he walks to THE PSD. Essendon get donuts. DONUTS. We keep 5 or a 9 and 13 and still a huge chance of getting Carlisle.

All good

You are garbage - Enough said
Darth Vader
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
evertonfc wrote:We all know this is going to get ugly - and be a test of nerves. But so what. Great clubs hold their nerve at trade week. Hawthorn are a prime example of this.

Such a good post. If he walks to THE PSD. Essendon get donuts. DONUTS. We keep 5 or a 9 and 13 and still a huge chance of getting Carlisle.

All good
One thing we shouldn't do is rush into a deal - worth waiting till end of trade period to see what happens with Aish. If he goes into PSD you'd think Carlton would grab him. Leaves Carlisle for us. Unlikely but you never know.

ripplug66
Club Player

It seems a few on here don't have faith in our club. At the moment the deal is where it surely was expected to be and that is us fferring lower than his worth and the Bombers asking for more than his worth. The deal will get done and whatever deal the Saints do I will trust it will be best for us. Lets face it we have made it clear we want him and he wants us. The deal will get done. There will be no PSD options. There is 2 weeks to go. There is no rush.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:It seems a few on here don't have faith in our club. At the moment the deal is where it surely was expected to be and that is us fferring lower than his worth and the Bombers asking for more than his worth. The deal will get done and whatever deal the Saints do I will trust it will be best for us. Lets face it we have made it clear we want him and he wants us. The deal will get done. There will be no PSD options. There is 2 weeks to go. There is no rush.
Wake me up when it's all over

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

100% reliable source.

Would seem to bit light and short to be a genuine KPD unless he is very good, which I assume he is not. Would be more likely to be a third tall defender.

And Roo is elite, as per my comment "unless he is very good" and is an athletic freak and a lot heavier..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
james rose wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

100% reliable source.

Would seem to bit light and short to be a genuine KPD unless he is very good, which I assume he is not. Would be more likely to be a third tall defender.

And Roo is elite, as per my comment "unless he is very good" and is an athletic freak and a lot heavier..
How long since we've had a proper sized KP in defence?

Always seem to be giving away 4 inches + to opposition fwd lines

Carlisle in PSD

Nee!