The Bombers Are Bottom Feeders

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

The Bombers Are Bottom Feeders

Throughout this Jake Carlisle saga, I have refrained from criticizing the Essendon Football club and that miscreant Dodoro handling their trades. But tonight I am taking the gloves off.

It is no wonder they are embroiled in a drug’s scandal. This is a football club that cares not a jot about its players or their welfare. Clearly if it did it would never have embarked on a program that involved injecting players with God knows what.

Anyway. That is another story.

Little wonder that Jake Carlisle wanted to leave. But I firmly believe Jake Carlisle is a man of principle. He wanted to leave the Bombers but he wanted to make sure they also got fair recompense for him leaving.

St Kilda has offered more than fair recompense. Pick 5 and 63 for Carlisle as well as Essendon handing over two picks in the 20s. That is a good deal. Good for both parties. But surprise, surprise, not good enough for the Bombers. They want more. They always want more. That’s why they would become embroiled in a WADA scandal because they want more. Enough is never enough.

And here they are, doing it again. Prepared to use one of their players to get what they want. An opportunistic play by Hawthorn that suits Essendon. Never mind the fact that Jake Carlisle has his own hopes, dreams and ambitions. Never mind the fact that he has said he wants to play for the Saints and buy into what they club is trying to achieve.

He is a commodity as far as the Bombers are concerned. A piece of meat to be bought and sold for the best price possible.

Here is what I hope will happen. He will go into the Pre season draft and come to the Saints with Essendon getting zippo. That, quite frankly, is what they deserve.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Bombers Are Bottom Feeders

Dodo obviously thinks handing over 2 x second round picks is over the top, is he an out an out self pleasurer or is he correct ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
damienc
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote:Dodo obviously thinks handing over 2 x second round picks is over the top, is he an out an out self pleasurer or is he correct ?
I believe the Hawthorn deal suits him and the bummers better. I think your first description sums him up.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Dont like Dodoro or the way they skipped to the media to try and panic Saints into coughing up pick5....glad we held our nerve
But as for what is a fair deal... if the situation was reversed as a comparison...what would we want for say a 24 year old Hugh Goddard?
Pick 5.and for him and pick.23 would be in the ballpark
I

Nee!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

fugazi wrote:Dont like Dodoro or the way they skipped to the media to try and panic Saints into coughing up pick5....glad we held our nerve
But as for what is a fair deal... if the situation was reversed as a comparison...what would we want for say a 24 year old Hugh Goddard?
Pick 5.and for him and pick.23 would be in the ballpark
I
Still pretty amazed that they tried to get the media to turn on St Kilda, drug cheating scum.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Not sure what the fuss is about? The Dodoro is duty bound to do the best thing by his club, not the player. that's why players have managers. If it was one of our players leaving I would want the best poss deal, NOT the best deal for the player leaving. I think it's wasted energy getting all worked up at the bombers.

Tom_Sainter
Club Player

I think the arrogant way that Dodoro went about it yesterday really pissed me off the most. It is one thing to try and get the best deal for your club, it is another to actively go and seek a deal with another club after the player has already stated his desired club then to go and gloat about in on radio. Almost made me sick listening to the prick talk to sen about how he orchestrated this deal and that he believed Carlisle would prefer hawthorn than the psd.
Just for that I pray Carlisle goes into the psd and the bummers get sweet f*ck all for him

ace
Saintsational Legend

Dildo has been suffering from attention disorder deficit for the last 2 years.
No first round draft picks and the drugs scandal sucking up all the oxygen.
He wants his time in front of the media.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Tom_Sainter wrote:I think the arrogant way that Dodoro went about it yesterday really pissed me off the most. It is one thing to try and get the best deal for your club, it is another to actively go and seek a deal with another club after the player has already stated his desired club then to go and gloat about in on radio. Almost made me sick listening to the prick talk to sen about how he orchestrated this deal and that he believed Carlisle would prefer hawthorn than the psd.
Just for that I pray Carlisle goes into the psd and the bummers get sweet f*ck all for him
Word is that Carlisle is furious at Dodoro and Essendon tactics.would rather that a deal is done but has indicated to management that he will do what is necessary to be a Saint next year.

Ball in Essendon court. Pick 5 or donuts. Up to them.

You are garbage - Enough said
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Offer Essendon the same deal Monday morning and if not accepted take it off the table and walk away.
Use 105% of the salary cap next season and front end Carlisles deal to the max and PSD for Carlisle and dole line for Dodoro

happy feet
Club Player

I just keep reminding anyone Essendon related that there is a strong possibility that they will lose most of their team for two years anyway, so don't get excited by the draft.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
ripplug66
Club Player

happy feet wrote:I just keep reminding anyone Essendon related that there is a strong possibility that they will lose most of their team for two years anyway, so don't get excited by the draft.

They will be lucky to lose 6 to 8 and maybe only for a few weeks at the most I reckon based on media stuff. Of course they may get off as well.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I'm absolutely filthy that we're giving up pick 5.

Absolutely shocking decision.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:I'm absolutely filthy that we're giving up pick 5.

Agreed. Hopefully dodo refuses it.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

agreed - organise a deal with Carlisle that will see us grab him in the psd. Bugger dealing fairly with essendon - you simply can't, but getting the rough end of the pineapple should be absolutely out of the question.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:Dodo obviously thinks handing over 2 x second round picks is over the top, is he an out an out self pleasurer or is he correct ?
100% correct, our offer was a terrible one and if Dodoro accepted it he should have been fired on the spot.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Cool your jets to 2.00pm Thursday before losing your s. hit

Wait for the full result

You are garbage - Enough said
Playon
Club Player

Or at least wait till Tuesday :)

Rosco
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
100% correct, our offer was a terrible one and if Dodoro accepted it he should have been fired on the spot.
I don't think the saints expected him to take it, but wanted to say "hey, we offered pick 5"

Playon
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
In any other trade year perhaps, but dont forget clubs are fighting for picks under 10 and anything in the 20s has be mentioned to be equivalent to picks in the 30s in previous drafts. The points system doesnt mean jack.

I dont think its far fetched at all

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Cool your jets to 2.00pm Thursday before losing your s. hit

Wait for the full result
I thought it was reported that we put pick 5 on the table officially?