Brian Speaking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintjake
Club Player

Brian Speaking

Is he legit?

Junior
Club Player

Re: Brian Speaking

Can't say I think what he is saying tonight will happen but he did announce about Bailey Rice selecting the Saints the night before it was done and think he also said Carlisle would announce us the night before it was announced as well.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Junior wrote:Can't say I think what he is saying tonight will happen but he did announce about Bailey Rice selecting the Saints the night before it was done and think he also said Carlisle would announce us the night before it was announced as well.
So he's a night early on this

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

He is an ITK. Gets the inside word and is usually pretty close.

Told BF two weeks before that Carlisle would select the Saints. First with the Rice nomination

Look what was tweeted tonight is all unlikely to come off however I have heard from another ITK today that Essendon were sweating and Dodoro was for time he first time willing to trade so the first bit is probably correct.
All the flipping of dp's and Weller and or O'meara. Well wait and see

You are garbage - Enough said
evo
Club Player

He was right on the Watters sacking, Richo as coach and taking Paddy pick one.

Long Term Injury
Club Player

What is he saying?

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Brian Speaking ‏@Brian_Speaking
It's nice to have AFL plants running our club.

What's he talking about here? Finnis or Rhododendrons?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Long Term Injury wrote:What is he saying?
Brian Speaking ‏@Brian_Speaking 1h1 hour ago
Essendon looking like accepting Saints offer, Saints trading up to 8,Lachy Weller a gen chance. Jaeger O'Meara for pick 8 and 1st rounder 16

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Jacks Back wrote:Brian Speaking ‏@Brian_Speaking

Finnish didn't want the job until Saints supporting Gill talked him into it.

What was promised in help I don't know ...but Finnish took the job.

Bains will be an AFL heavyweight in 5 years.

BS critically referring to back door "conversations " probably had by the heavy hitters at AFL with the big Boys of Essendon regarding obstructionism and how it would be of assistance for them to Co operate.

Not saying anything like that happened but as we know the AFL isn't a democracy.

saintjake
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:He is an ITK. Gets the inside word and is usually pretty close.

Told BF two weeks before that Carlisle would select the Saints. First with the Rice nomination

Look what was tweeted tonight is all unlikely to come off however I have heard from another ITK today that Essendon were sweating and Dodoro was for time he first time willing to trade so the first bit is probably correct.

ITK?

bergsone
SS Life Member

saintjake wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:He is an ITK. Gets the inside word and is usually pretty close.

ITK?
In the know ?

loris
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
BS critically referring to back door "conversations " probably had by the heavy hitters at AFL with the big Boys of Essendon regarding obstructionism and how it would be of assistance for them to Co operate.

Bit of punctuation for me please in this sentence B_M. I can't quite decipher your meaning :? :? :wink:

saintjake
Club Player

I don't understand this??

Long Term Injury
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:
Long Term Injury wrote:What is he saying?
Brian Speaking ‏@Brian_Speaking 1h1 hour ago
Essendon looking like accepting Saints offer, Saints trading up to 8,Lachy Weller a gen chance. Jaeger O'Meara for pick 8 and 1st rounder 16
Wow, many thanks... Dont know the guy from a bar of soap but if this comes true he will be my new best friend forever

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Ok so 5 and 63 for Carlisle, 23 and 25. Feasible but ridiculously the hardest to believe.
23 and 24 to GWS for 8. Also feasible and I learnt tonight they need the academy points. They must fear that Hopper will go at pick 3 and they are trying to keep 27 or that Carlton will take a crack at him. 23 and 24 is only 49 more points than 8???
25 for Freeman - no worries
45 is all we'd have for Rice so he better not go under 41/42.

So either Weller is a genuine chance at 8 or 8 and 1st round 16 for JOM. Is he worth more than Dangerfield? Who cares really. If we could Im sure we would.

The clue is in the words genuine and chance. If Weller is a genuine chance what does that make JOM.

Comparatively, if the Crows took the Dangerfield deal, 9, 28 amd an almost player why wouldn't GCS take 8 and 1st round 2016 for JOM.

Not holding my breath but I'm a little excited.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Valerie Finnis is a plant

evo
Club Player

ROLS-LEE wrote:

Valerie Finnis is a plant
White Sage, named after famous.pommy gardener.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Not saying anything like that happened but as we know the AFL isn't a democracy.
Reading between the lines I think you are pretty spot on. I posted on BF a few hours ago that I reckon a couple of our top guys are in line for big boy AFL posts in years to come. Maybe it has just dawned on Essendon, or they were given a nudge. Our guys have been professional and unemotional.

Suffice to say, Essendon will get a fair deal, but the antics will be remembered!

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

loris wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Bit of punctuation for me please in this sentence B_M. I can't quite decipher your meaning :? :? :wink:
Sorry teacher :D

See Verdun's post.

Remember how the AFL under Demetriou made life he'll for the Saints. That was because of bad blood between Thomas and Demetriou.
Essendon have probably realised that Saints are in favour with the AFL under Saints supporter Gill and they already have bridges to build with them after drugs saga.

All speculation of course but the clue was in the BS tweet about AFL plants

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:Ok so 5 and 63 for Carlisle, 23 and 25. Feasible but ridiculously the hardest to believe.
23 and 24 to GWS for 8. Also feasible and I learnt tonight they need the academy points. They must fear that Hopper will go at pick 3 and they are trying to keep 27 or that Carlton will take a crack at him. 23 and 24 is only 49 more points than 8???
25 for Freeman - no worries
45 is all we'd have for Rice so he better not go under 41/42.

So either Weller is a genuine chance at 8 or 8 and 1st round 16 for JOM. Is he worth more than Dangerfield? Who cares really. If we could Im sure we would.

The clue is in the words genuine and chance. If Weller is a genuine chance what does that make JOM.

Comparatively, if the Crows took the Dangerfield deal, 9, 28 amd an almost player why wouldn't GCS take 8 and 1st round 2016 for JOM.

Not holding my breath but I'm a little excited.
This is moist dream material.

If Essendon agree to that they have been severely bent over. ace pointed out the other day the two second rounders for our first and pick 63 equates to Carlisle being rated at pick 41, which is a joke. He's worth a fair bit more than that.

But if what Brian Speaking is alluding to, and we are now "IN" with the AFL, so be it.

Farkit, we deserve an armchair ride finally. Let's get the trading part sorted and listen to the big boys sook for weeks, and then to top it off get a favourable fixture as well.

Bring it on, and farewell Dimwit - your former sidekick is definitely not your brother!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

You can't use points to equate worth in a trade. They are only for academy and FS.
Essendon get pick 5.With pick 4 they are in a very good position.

Points system irrelevant

fingers
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:

ITK?

I Tickle Kittens.

ripplug66
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:You can't use points to equate worth in a trade. They are only for academy and FS.
Essendon get pick 5.With pick 4 they are in a very good position.

Points system irrelevant

I totally agree on that. It amazes me those who use the points system to make a deal fair. Firstly some drafts have great depth and some don't and I don't care how many other picks you get for pick one you wouldn't trade it. Say 20-22 adds up to pick one. You still wouldn't trade it to get those 3 picks.

As for Brain Speaking I'm sure he hears a bit but logic surely tells everyone on here he doesn't work for the club in any way. And this isn't specifically on BS but the so called club insiders change their mind or use excuses when things don't happen. My guess is they do hear good and bad stuff and most of all use logic to say what is happening. BS had a go at Jaxons when he said Rice would announce coming to us on a certain date which ended up happening. He didn't say he was wrong then but said he knows bugger all which may or may not be true but what it shows is both certainly don't work at the club and I'm guessing neither do but I'm also both have someone they know at the club who feeds truth and lies.

Ive been saying since day one we will use pick 5 on Carlisle and get back their second rounder. I have also been saying we will use a second rounder on Freeman. All the insiders have mentioned many things about those trades. They will eventually be right. I also could be right but I certainly have zero inside knowledge. I know people at the club but one I wouldn't ask them at this time of year and two they would tell me that there is no way we will tell you or anyone else anything. They protect this stuff like you wouldn't believe and that comment is inside knowledge. By the way if I am right with my guesses on those trades its combination of common sense but more likely a fluke.

And lets face it most on here and BF want to believe we have insiders on these boards because we love the whole idea of thinking we know and the we also love the trading game. I must admit it is great to read.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Yes. After all it is just a bit of fun. If not life and death.

ITK'S obviously have some contacts. Doesn't mean what they say will always happen.

If even just the first part of last night about the Carlisle offer being accepted comes true. I will be happy.
Carlisle
Freeman
Rice.

Great outcome. Anything else is a bonus

markp
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

It's nice to imagine that perhaps the afl have told essendon to pull their heads in, maybe reminding them that the paradigm has shifted and that they have very few credits in the bank these days. Hope it's true, because it's what they deserve.

As for pick 5, of course what matters ultimately is how we perform entirely with all picks and trades, not just the one.

100% confident our guys know what they're doing.