We Must Now Sack Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

We Must Now Sack Jake Carlisle

I have given this a lot of thought. I have reached this position not very easily. Nothing sits very comfortably but I also know sometimes we must do what we have to do.

Act decisively. Do what is right. This is one of those times. Since this is a forum for supporters and lovers of this football club (I am one of them) to express an opinion, here’s mine.

The Jake Carlisle trade is fast resembling a catastrophic, train wreck of biblical proportions. It is fast resembling a disaster whichever way you look at it.

Of course this isn't a disaster if Jake Carlisle is not in that video ( I truly truly truly hope it isn't him but someone who looks like him ).

It is the only thing that will save him and our footy club but I have to say, at this point in time, it is not looking good for Carlisle.

So with that thought in mind, in my opinion, the club MUST, repeat MUST IMMEDIATELY do the following:

1) Get Jake Carlisle to come to Seaford post haste from his current geographic location. Again this is non negotiable.
2) Look Carlisle and his manager in the eye and ask the question. Is That Jake In The Video? They must give an honest answer to that question.
3) If the answer is yes then the next question must be What White Powder Was Being Snorted?
4) If the answer is cocaine, again they must give a truthful answer, but irrespective of whether or not he gives a truthful answer he must undergo an immediate medical to determine if there are traces of illegal drugs in his blood stream.
5) But getting back to if the answer is yes to cocaine. They must terminate Jake Carlisle’s contract immediately. Let me just say that again. The club must terminate Carlisle’s contract immediately.

The St Kilda football club, in fact all AFL clubs and the AFL itself, must have ZERO tolerance of illegal recreational drug use period.

You will note there are a lot of ifs in this post. But if any of those ifs turn out to be facts then the club must act decisively and quickly.

Given Carlisle and the Essendon football clubs history with WADA and the supplements scandal it beggars belief that Carlisle (if in fact it is Carlisle and not someone pretending to be him please note this important disclaimer) would not only be using an illegal substance but actually taking a video of himself doing it can only be perceived as an act of lunacy or a cry for help.

If it is Carlisle and he was taking illegal drugs ( those are two huge ifs) then St Kilda can’t simply wash its hands of him. The club must do what they can to help this young man. Get him professional help.

But if he is guilty then we must wash our hands of him as a player. No question. If he is guilty his football career is over. No other club will go near him. No other club should. If he is guilty having him at the St Kilda club working and mixing with our kids will torpedo everything we are trying to achieve. You can say goodbye to any premiership. He must go and go quickly.

I just cannot believe that yet again we are embroiled in another dodgy trade with Essendon. If it was up to me, and Carlisle is found to be guilty, then I would NEVER, repeat NEVER trade with the Essendon football club again under any circumstances.

You would have to be naïve to think that WADA won’t be taking a close look at that footage, won’t also be asking the tough questions of Carlisle and his manager especially given his past history. I wonder if this is the tip of the iceberg in terms of elite footballers using recreational drugs, again if in fact this all turns out to be true.

Jake Carlisle should be accorded all of his rights. We must assume he is completely innocent until proven guilty. But determining that and getting to the bottom of this will not be difficult especially if the reports are true that he uploaded the video himself.

This is a catastrophe. No question. But we, as in the St Kilda Football Club, must do the right thing and do it immediately.
Last edited by damienc on Thu 22 Oct 2015 10:35am, edited 5 times in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: We Must Act And Act Fast

This is a tricky situation. The trouble as I see it is if we actually get into a contractual situation with him then we cant sack him for something he did before he was contracted with us. Do we already have a verbal contract with Jake? We could be liable for a huge payout if this is the case . Our best bet might be to pull the pin before the trade period ends this afternoon. Just renege on the whole trade. I figure once trade period ends we are pretty much stuck with him. So it is get out right now or never.

I never felt comfortable with this trade. Yes we know the players are coached to say what fans want to hear 'I am looking forward to play with a young developing team' but we all know his only reason to come to us is money.

Having said that - if he is a Saints player when the trade period ends - I will support him. I mean we can just blame Essendon drug culture. The poor dude probably doesnt know any better. He was brain washed into thinking drugs of all sorts were common place. He will need de-programming from the druggies.

suss
Club Player

If it turns out to be true I would sack Baines without hesitation over this. He knew he was Carlisle was an idiot - everyone did - and yet coughed up an enormous price to get him and put him on a long term contract. Pick 5 should've been reserved for a young kid with a good head on his shoulders. Instead we've imported another trouble maker from outside the club. Awesome.

I've seen nothing from Baines that makes me think he should be in his position. Richardson seems to be the one convincing players to come to the club and Elshaugh the one doing the deft drafting. What does Baines being to the party?

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

That is just idiotic. Baines is an excellent operator. Half the players in the AFL are snorting coke and everyone knows it. The issue here is that someone at Essendon has sent this video to a media outlet and waited until he became a St Kilda players before dumping it. Typical Essendon type of behaviour. They are the most devious, dishonest, and nasty scumbag football club in history

asaint
Club Player

Carlisle is too stupid to be allowed to walk our streets. Sends a srlfie of himself snorting drugs? After being in the centre of the biggest drug scandal in AFL history. Come on saints, if we can get out of this trade do it.
CH essendom have had this footage how long?

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Interestingly, the AFL website, the Age, and The Guardian have not run with this story on their websites. They n=know, like us, that this is a stitch up and that ACA have put themselves in a potential legal predicament

ripplug66
Club Player

If its cocaine we know we have a user. He must not be sacked unless we find out all our other drug users and sack them. We do need to find out if he has a brain though. That is looking doubtful based on sending that video to a mate. Its funny though I told my daughter who knows a few AFL guys and she said it is something at least one of them would do. Players are recruited for their brains.

Kernal75
Club Player

What a melodramatic, pessimistic bunch of supporters we are! In 8 short hours we have called for the head of Bainea who is widely regarded as one of the best operators in the business. Not to mention sacking the same player most were heralding as the missing link in our goal to goal line. Why don't we sack the coach as well surely he can't get off without reproach, after all he was the one he convinced Carlisle to join us. How about we wait for the facts, deal with the fall out and push on towards next year. In 2 weeks time no one will even remember what all the fuss was about. Good clubs back their players in, it's about time is supporters did the same thing.

SMS
Club Player

Wake up. If it was cocaine he was on holiday and as a kid thought it was cool he got some overseas. Does that sound like a regular hardcore drug abuser? No. You have to realise players are doing drigs and crazy s*** in the off season. Youd obviously be shocked at some of the stars and what theyve done. What they havent done is upload videos of themselves or had addiction like cousins.

To throw away our gun CHB because he was an idiot would be stupid. Hes a kid who needs guidance.
Give him the guidance. Dont throw him away.
Let this galvinise us not tear us apart.

Sorry OP but we are a monnow club cannot afford to throw away guns.

Sure try and reverse trade and im not sure why we couldnt but if we cant we work with him. We have to.

supersaints
Club Player

If and jakes manager and the Bummers are complicit in this drama, after investigation the AFL should again go Essendon for bringing the game into disrepute or whatever charges they often make up on the run. They should then strip Essendon of next years first round draft pick, and award it to StKilda

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
suss
Club Player

ripplug66 wrote:If its cocaine we know we have a user. He must not be sacked unless we find out all our other drug users and sack them. We do need to find out if he has a brain though. That is looking doubtful based on sending that video to a mate. Its funny though I told my daughter who knows a few AFL guys and she said it is something at least one of them would do. Players are recruited for their brains.
I like your logic. I'm sure it will go down well with the sponsors.

damienc
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote:Interestingly, the AFL website, the Age, and The Guardian have not run with this story on their websites. They n=know, like us, that this is a stitch up and that ACA have put themselves in a potential legal predicament

If it's not Carlisle in that video then he must say so immediately.

He must categorically deny any wrongdoing and issue defamation proceedings against Channel 9 and the Herald and Weekly Times.

These are very, very serious allegations being leveled against him. His career and his reputation hinge on how well he answers them.

But the silence is deafening and in my opinion very, very unhelpful.

Two questions lie at the heart of this: Is that Jake Carlisle in the video? Was he snorting cocaine?

Failing to answer both those questions only encourages people to keep asking them. And they will keep asking them.
Last edited by damienc on Thu 22 Oct 2015 8:42am, edited 1 time in total.

Rocket
Club Player

Storm in a tea cup. A current affair picked the story up in despatation. A network going broke.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:If its cocaine we know we have a user. He must not be sacked unless we find out all our other drug users and sack them. We do need to find out if he has a brain though. That is looking doubtful based on sending that video to a mate. Its funny though I told my daughter who knows a few AFL guys and she said it is something at least one of them would do. Players are recruited for their brains.
I like your logic. I'm sure it will go down well with the sponsors.
How many sponsors have freo lost?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
suss
Club Player

Ask Carlisle and his manager to sign a stat dec. That should help to determine who's telling the truth ...

SaintWal
Club Player

This all happened whilst he was still a bombers player.

Take Bennell. GCS find out whilst he is their player. Get rid of him as soon as they can. Freo give hime a second chance

Essendon find out and get rid of him as soon as they can. Saints pick him up and give him a second chance

Simple Really

philtee
Club Player

Put it this way - If the video came out three days ago, would the trade have gone ahead ?
St Kilda would have put up the shutters fast, and Essendon would have been left with an
untradeable player on their hands.
Regardless of whether it was him or not, perception is everything at the moment.
But it's so difficult to establish what the "true" facts are.
Perhaps a defamation lawsuit by JC against ACA would be the only way to get the full story
into a public arena with ACA forced to name their sources to protect themselves from a whacking
payout.

The_Merchant
Club Player

Talk about an over reaction. Even if it was Carlisle and even if it was coke, provided he doesn't get a strike, the club should give him a stern talking to and move on. As for WADA getting involved, as the op mentions, coke is only a WADA prohibited substance in season iirc.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

That's right. At least they need to understand which direction to kick the ball. It's a similar thing with Coke. They need to make sure that they line it up in an nice straight line.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
ctqs
Club Player

Re: We Must Respond To The Carlisle Allegations Now

How can they resppond now when they're still trying to establish all the facts? As it stands, the only ones who are certain of things is A Current Affair. Nobody - NOBODY - else knows for sure what the facts are yet.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

What he has done or not done this time is only icing on the cake.

Plenty of previous evidence that the bloke is a peanut.
-sulking about playing forward
-audible slagging off at Essendon as reported by opposition players.
If there is any way of reversing original mistake now is the time!

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Bit of an over reaction I think OP. This isn't getting a lot of traction in other media. Apparently its been floating around for a few weeks but everyone thought it was footage of him goofing around so didn't bother with it. When was the video even made? Think it will blow (forgive the pun) over pretty quickly. He's cost way too much to write off. Hodge drinks-drive then he's a premiership hero and all is forgiven. Doesn't take much for the footy world to move on.

It might have swayed a sponsor who was sitting on the fence however. So Jake needs to make every post a winner from now on. Hopefully Richo sits him down and gives him the full on Dad-talk about straightening and flying right and not distracting the club.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:How can they resppond now when they're still trying to establish all the facts? As it stands, the only ones who are certain of things is A Current Affair. Nobody - NOBODY - else knows for sure what the facts are yet.
Jake and probably his manager will know.

If it is him I hope he admits it, and then we can move on. He has been through a traumatic experience and it seems he has coped poorly. Now is his chance to shed the putrid bombres jumper and the stench that goes with it.

As long as he never offends while he is a Saints player then we can do this.

Whatever happens, good luck Jake.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
ctqs wrote:How can they resppond now when they're still trying to establish all the facts? As it stands, the only ones who are certain of things is A Current Affair. Nobody - NOBODY - else knows for sure what the facts are yet.
Jake and probably his manager will know.

If it is him I hope he admits it, and then we can move on. He has been through a traumatic experience and it seems he has coped poorly. Now is his chance to shed the putrid bombres jumper and the stench that goes with it.

As long as he never offends while he is a Saints player then we can do this.

Whatever happens, good luck Jake.
It was him. He admitted it just then. See the other Jake thread

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote:I have given this a lot of thought. I have reached this position not very easily. Nothing sits very comfortably but I also know sometimes we must do what we have to do.

Act decisively. Do what is right. This is one of those times. Since this is a forum for supporters and lovers of this football club (I am one of them) to express an opinion, here’s mine.

The Jake Carlisle trade is fast resembling a catastrophic, train wreck of biblical proportions. It is fast resembling a disaster whichever way you look at it.

Of course this isn't a disaster if Jake Carlisle is not in that video ( I truly truly truly hope it isn't him but someone who looks like him ).

It is the only thing that will save him and our footy club but I have to say, at this point in time, it is not looking good for Carlisle.

So with that thought in mind, in my opinion, the club MUST, repeat MUST IMMEDIATELY do the following:

1) Get Jake Carlisle to come to Seaford post haste from his current geographic location. Again this is non negotiable.
2) Look Carlisle and his manager in the eye and ask the question. Is That Jake In The Video? They must give an honest answer to that question.
3) If the answer is yes then the next question must be What White Powder Was Being Snorted?
4) If the answer is cocaine, again they must give a truthful answer, but irrespective of whether or not he gives a truthful answer he must undergo an immediate medical to determine if there are traces of illegal drugs in his blood stream.
5) But getting back to if the answer is yes to cocaine. They must terminate Jake Carlisle’s contract immediately. Let me just say that again. The club must terminate Carlisle’s contract immediately.

The St Kilda football club, in fact all AFL clubs and the AFL itself, must have ZERO tolerance of illegal recreational drug use period.

You will note there are a lot of ifs in this post. But if any of those ifs turn out to be facts then the club must act decisively and quickly.

Given Carlisle and the Essendon football clubs history with WADA and the supplements scandal it beggars belief that Carlisle (if in fact it is Carlisle and not someone pretending to be him please note this important disclaimer) would not only be using an illegal substance but actually taking a video of himself doing it can only be perceived as an act of lunacy or a cry for help.

If it is Carlisle and he was taking illegal drugs ( those are two huge ifs) then St Kilda can’t simply wash its hands of him. The club must do what they can to help this young man. Get him professional help.

But if he is guilty then we must wash our hands of him as a player. No question. If he is guilty his football career is over. No other club will go near him. No other club should. If he is guilty having him at the St Kilda club working and mixing with our kids will torpedo everything we are trying to achieve. You can say goodbye to any premiership. He must go and go quickly.

I just cannot believe that yet again we are embroiled in another dodgy trade with Essendon. If it was up to me, and Carlisle is found to be guilty, then I would NEVER, repeat NEVER trade with the Essendon football club again under any circumstances.

You would have to be naïve to think that WADA won’t be taking a close look at that footage, won’t also be asking the tough questions of Carlisle and his manager especially given his past history. I wonder if this is the tip of the iceberg in terms of elite footballers using recreational drugs, again if in fact this all turns out to be true.

Jake Carlisle should be accorded all of his rights. We must assume he is completely innocent until proven guilty. But determining that and getting to the bottom of this will not be difficult especially if the reports are true that he uploaded the video himself.

This is a catastrophe. No question. But we, as in the St Kilda Football Club, must do the right thing and do it immediately.
Jake is currently overseas. I very much doubt that he has signed a contract with the Saints at this point in time.

So there would be no contract for the saints to cancel.

Otherwise I agree with your comments.
Last edited by saynta on Thu 22 Oct 2015 9:42am, edited 1 time in total.