Carlisle "scandal"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle "scandal"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-23/s ... rseas-trip
ST KILDA recruit Jake Carlisle is expected to have commercial aspects of his lucrative contract modified after a meeting with club chiefs on Friday shortly after he returned from the United States.

Carlisle and his manager Anthony McConville met with CEO Matt Finnis and chief operating officer Ameet Bains on Friday where it is believed the additional services agreement (ASA) in his contract was discussed.

The former Bomber, who cut his off-season trip short to return to Australia, was said to be shattered when he confronted the club bosses.

Carlisle's contract is for four years with a trigger for a fifth and understood to be worth up to $600,000 a season.

At this stage there are contrasting suggestions as to what modifications would now be made to Carlisle's contract.

Sources close to Carlisle suggest his football terms won't be changed, but it is understood the Saints expressed concern at the brand-focused ASA component.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Well here's Hoping the ASA component adds up to 150k per annum

Seeya
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle

satchmo wrote:
8856brother wrote:One Goat :D
There's a second goat, and I've seen it.
So have I.

It was on the grassy knoll :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Carlisle met his new CEO Matt Finnis on Friday and could face the club's leadership group as early as next week with captain Nick Riewoldt joining via video link for what should be an uncomfortable session.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/j ... z3pOBWOREh
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He reminds me of Peter Everitt - a petulant, dumb bogan who thinks it's cool to do 'bad' things.

He is tall, has some talent... But due to his persona, will most likely never reach his full potential.
His last season at Essendon was disgusting... Actually last two seasons ordinary. He was flogged by Luke Delaney and basically wasn't trying. A person who chooses not to try at any stage, under any circumstances has a questionable character IMO

I think he can play, but has massive queries and because of that would have preferred to risk losing him in order to get him for very little.

To snort coke, is serious... Those down playing it are simply looking for excuses. It happens in society, yes and in the AFL, but to suggest a large chunk of our list is doing it is ridiculous... I'd love to know which ones? The ones who do illicit drugs aren't generally people of of good character. I would hope the large chunk of our. List are of good character.

And please don't compare it to drinking... It's an illegal activity. So those using it are breaking the law.

What's more disturbing is how stupid he is, by being on social media doing this at the time he was in the news for being traded
He is obviously a person who is not too bright?

ripplug66
Club Player

BigMart wrote:He reminds me of Peter Everitt - a petulant, dumb bogan who thinks it's cool to do 'bad' things.

He is tall, has some talent... But due to his persona, will most likely never reach his full potential.
His last season at Essendon was disgusting... Actually last two seasons ordinary. He was flogged by Luke Delaney and basically wasn't trying. A person who chooses not to try at any stage, under any circumstances has a questionable character IMO

I think he can play, but has massive queries and because of that would have preferred to risk losing him in order to get him for very little.

To snort coke, is serious... Those down playing it are simply looking for excuses. It happens in society, yes and in the AFL, but to suggest a large chunk of our list is doing it is ridiculous... I'd love to know which ones? The ones who do illicit drugs aren't generally people of of good character. I would hope the large chunk of our. List are of good character.

And please don't compare it to drinking... It's an illegal activity. So those using it are breaking the law.

What's more disturbing is how stupid he is, by being on social media doing this at the time he was in the news for being traded

I'm actually unsure using drugs is illegal. Can anyone help on this? Possession certainly is and if its the first time caught you get a huge warning. Wow. The law really don't care either. I'm not prepared to say those that use drugs have a character fault. I never have used but the ones that I know who have and that's a lot seem the same as everyone else bar the real junkies.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He reminds me of Peter Everitt - a petulant, dumb bogan who thinks it's cool to do 'bad' things.

Most of his flaws were known prior to latest debacle.
We're we really that desperate, that we overlooked all that?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So I can pull out a line at the local restaurant and snort it? Or at the local bar??

of course the use of illicit drugs is prohibited by law.

How many people do you see using illicit drugs everyday? It's use is hidden for a reason.... Except for those dumb enough to broadcast it... Under the guise of how cool is my 'gangsta' behaviour...

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Whiskers

This same desperation for a 'player with pace' cost us dearly in 2009

Most people suggested it was worth the risk....

When you enter into a bargaining situation desperate... Out come the blinkers and you'll be screwed... As you only see what you are desperate for and don't consider any problems.

It's why I never bid on houses I want, and leave that up to a representative... In fear of emotional competitiveness, or desperation deluding me from better judgement.

ripplug66
Club Player

BigMart wrote:So I can pull out a line at the local restaurant and snort it? Or at the local bar??

of course the use of illicit drugs is prohibited by law.

How many people do you see using illicit drugs everyday? It's use is hidden for a reason.... Except for those dumb enough to broadcast it... Under the guise of how cool is my 'gangsta' behaviour...

No idea but have you ever heard of a person being charged with using illegal drugs. Its always possession. Anyway I'm sure previously you said we should keep him even after this stuff. We all know it was dumb but that is the end of it unless he is even more stupid and does it again.

Funny that when cops go to rave dances and the like they never charge people using but they have sniffer dogs and if in possession they will charge you even if you haven't used. And the reason you cant do it in the public because if it is seen you are using then you are still in possession but once you do it the possession doesn't exist anymore.

Looked it up and as I thought there is no such criminal offence for using drugs in Victoria. I accept your apology.
Last edited by ripplug66 on Sat 24 Oct 2015 9:22am, edited 1 time in total.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The whole "this club's f***ed" thing would have been enough for me to put a pen through his name!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It's hard to use a prohibited drug without being in possession of it??

ripplug66
Club Player

BigMart wrote:It's hard to use a prohibited drug without being in possession of it??

I think that is obvious. You can argue all you like but there is no such thing as a charge of using drugs. You need to be caught in possession. So it is not illegal to use drugs. Drugs are illegal but if you are caught using then you have no possession charge. They could charge Carlisle because there is proof he possessed it. They wont of course because no one seems to bloody care which is the real problem. They cant charge me for example if a cop turns up to my place 5 minutes after I have used even if it is obvious I have used.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:It's hard to use a prohibited drug without being in possession of it??

Yeah I reckon you are right. They would probably only charge you for having used drugs if you ran someone over or were pulled over in a road side test but I'm 100% sure it's illegal. Just not really worth charging if someone is already high. They would look for the evidence of possession if you looked high as it's straight forward evidence. I reckon in the states you could probably be charged just for the video of using. They are much stricter in parts of the US.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:

I think that is obvious. You can argue all you like but there is no such thing as a charge of using drugs. You need to be caught in possession. So it is not illegal to use drugs. Drugs are illegal but if you are caught using then you have no possession charge. They could charge Carlisle because there is proof he possessed it. They wont of course because no one seems to bloody care which is the real problem. They cant charge me for example if a cop turns up to my place 5 minutes after I have used even if it is obvious I have used.
I'm sure there is a charge, just unlikely to be enforced due to having to test, rely on testing evidence etc. If they wanted an excuse to arrest you they might pull it out but I think it's just one of those laws that are rarely prosecuted. Probably because with out possession it's easy to say you just had a drink at a night club and next thing you know you were arrested for nothing.

ripplug66
Club Player

gringo wrote:

Yeah I reckon you are right. They would probably only charge you for having used drugs if you ran someone over or were pulled over in a road side test but I'm 100% sure it's illegal. Just not really worth charging if someone is already high. They would look for the evidence of possession if you looked high as it's straight forward evidence. I reckon in the states you could probably be charged just for the video of using. They are much stricter in parts of the US.

No idea on the USA part but 100% correct on the Victoria part. No one is charged for using unless in charge of a motor vehicle and even the charge isn't using, its driving a vehicle when under the influence of an illegal drug.

ripplug66
Club Player

gringo wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

I'm sure there is a charge, just unlikely to be enforced due to having to test, rely on testing evidence etc. If they wanted an excuse to arrest you they might pull it out but I think it's just one of those laws that are rarely prosecuted. Probably because with out possession it's easy to say you just had a drink at a night club and next thing you know you were arrested for nothing.

There is no charge. Well not if you look it up so I'm going with there being no such thing. If they wanted to arrest you they will but the charge wont be using illegal drugs. They will make up another charge. No idea what but I'm sure there are plenty.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure it's hard to use a drug without ever possessing it?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

He was wise not to identify the substance. Pretty hard to charge him with using white powder.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

whiskers3614 wrote:The whole "this club's f***ed" thing would have been enough for me to put a pen through his name!
He rose in my estimation after that.

And just because something is legal doesn't make it a terrible society destroying drug. Alcohol is easily the most destructive drug in society, but narrow mind say hey its legal so it is OK.

However prohibition doesn't work. Didn't on alcohol in the US and hasn't on illicit drugs curently.

This flaw in character stuff is laughable unless anyone who takes any drug, including alcohol has character flaws (my character was terribly flawed last night).

In Carlisles case I woulds look more at a young man,not to big in the smarts department, doing something on holidays which for an AFL player is being used more and more in place of alcohol in the off season for skin fold reasons etc.

Coupled that with a poor attitude and being a bit full of himself (although from people who know him, they say he is a nice bloke who is always up for a chat and friendly), it leads to stupid unbelievable immature decisions.

To take illicit drugs and then video it is taking stupidity to bewildering levels.

But what is done is done. It could be a blessing for the young man who can now turn his life around.

he can play football, probably to an elite level, but we cant have another Wayne Carey on our hands.

Dont think he should be demonised though. I, as a Saints member, am willing to cut him some slack and judge him and his percieved character on whathe produces as a Saints player and how he responds to this.

I did some pretty stupid things as a 24 year old. Thank goodness there was no social media in those days.

You are garbage - Enough said
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Do you drink Joffa?

ripplug66
Club Player

BigMart wrote:I'm sure it's hard to use a drug without ever possessing it?

You have already said that and I have explained why there is no such charge as using illegal drugs which was your initial statement. The cops will not charge you with possession if you don't possess it. And there isn't a charge of using drugs. So there you go.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

I wouldn't call Chris Judd a person of poor character.

To question the character of everyone that has ever used drugs is about as simplistic as it gets.

In saying that, Jake's obviously not the brightest guy, but I'm confident theres a good young man beneath his wayward exterior that can match his talent & do great things for our club & himself.

ripplug66
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:The whole "this club's f***ed" thing would have been enough for me to put a pen through his name!
He rose in my estimation after that.

And just because something is legal doesn't make it a terrible society destroying drug. Alcohol is easily the most destructive drug in society, but narrow mind say hey its legal so it is OK.

However prohibition doesn't work. Didn't on alcohol in the US and hasn't on illicit drugs curently.

This flaw in character stuff is laughable unless anyone who takes any drug, including alcohol has character flaws (my character was terribly flawed last night).

In Carlisles case I woulds look more at a young man,not to big in the smarts department, doing something on holidays which for an AFL player is being used more and more in place of alcohol in the off season for skin fold reasons etc.

Coupled that with a poor attitude and being a bit full of himself (although from people who know him, they say he is a nice bloke who is always up for a chat and friendly), it leads to stupid unbelievable immature decisions.

To take illicit drugs and then video it is taking stupidity to bewildering levels.

But what is done is done. It could be a blessing for the young man who can now turn his life around.

he can play football, probably to an elite level, but we cant have another Wayne Carey on our hands.

Dont think he should be demonised though. I, as a Saints member, am willing to cut him some slack and judge him and his percieved character on whathe produces as a Saints player and how he responds to this.

I did some pretty stupid things as a 24 year old. Thank goodness there was no social media in those days.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Matter of fact couldn't have said it.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Do you drink Joffa?
Use my nic or dont bother conversing with me.

Wont put up with your baiting and trolling crap

You are garbage - Enough said