Carlisle "scandal"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle "scandal"

won't hurt much at all considering what he was on last year. Massive salary for what he has done so far.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:won't hurt much at all considering what he was on last year. Massive salary for what he has done so far.
$600k p/a for this idiot makes Buddy the buy of the century @ $1mill even with his mental health issues.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:You must be on a good Wicket if you don't think missing $50k hurts.

Also why will he be compared to #5? For a start that pick will develop for a couple of years. Also if we chose Matho which is likely the club will spin it that we got him for virtually a second rounder. He mat need to be compared to pick 24 not 5
As far as the footy world is concerned Jake cost us pick 5. If pick 5 is a gun and Jake is less than stellar or screws up again it will be thrown in our face. Of course we may not have picked who Essendon picked at 5 but that's a complexity the footy media doesn't deal in. If Jake is solid good and our pick 14 turns out to be a ripper Saints supporters will be happy. But we gave up a shot at real elite young talent losing pick 5. No point denying that.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

A great irony of this is that one reason for the AFL Players Association's acquiescence when an illicit drugs code was first mooted was its belief that it would bring a sense of rigid process to a vexed issue. At around that time, then-president of Carlton, Ian Collins, had imposed a one-off drug testing approach to two players who turned up to Sunday training in an apparently drug-affected state. A centralised process, the PA believed, would take such unilateral, club-applied action out of the game. Yet now we have the AFL acting in a similarly maverick way.
If there were no Illicit Drug Code, the AFL could quite reasonably have responded as it has to Carlisle. It could have assessed that he had brought the game into disrepute and punished him as severely as it felt appropriate. What it has done, though, is to ignore its own code, presumably due to a combination of the public nature of the transgression and the fact that Carlisle was out of reach of a disciplinary measure from either of his two recent clubs.
The sensible and fair manner of dealing with illicit drug breaches by sportspeople is to treat them alongside other issues of extra-curricular misconduct. Going back to some of the website commentary in relation to Carlisle's penalty, a better point of comparison than those mentioned above is that of Luke Hodge. Late last season, the Hawthorn captain was found guilty of driving with higher than the legal alcohol limit in his bloodstream.
The recent action of Carlisle should be measured alongside this, not in the hysterical way that's been created by the AFL's approach to illicit drugs. And if we were to do this we might be forced to the view that Carlisle acted in a way less dangerous to others than did the heroic and admired Hawthorn premiership captain.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... z3qnsb2C5X
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Bluthy wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:You must be on a good Wicket if you don't think missing $50k hurts.

Also why will he be compared to #5? For a start that pick will develop for a couple of years. Also if we chose Matho which is likely the club will spin it that we got him for virtually a second rounder. He mat need to be compared to pick 24 not 5
As far as the footy world is concerned Jake cost us pick 5. If pick 5 is a gun and Jake is less than stellar or screws up again it will be thrown in our face. Of course we may not have picked who Essendon picked at 5 but that's a complexity the footy media doesn't deal in. If Jake is solid good and our pick 14 turns out to be a ripper Saints supporters will be happy. But we gave up a shot at real elite young talent losing pick 5. No point denying that.
There is denying that. Its like saying we gave up #5 and got nothing in return.

We got a 200cm backman who was sought after by Carlton, the Bulldogs and Hawthorn and we also got #14.

Also there have been some pretty big busts in top 5 draft choices.

And what happens if we bag Matho @ 14 and the club comes out and says we were gunna get him @5?

Means we missed out on nothing at all. Personally I think Matho would have been a mistake @5 but thats not the line the club is going with.

Carlisle can play and once settled will be far better down back for us that he was at Essendon. We pick up another mid @ 14 we pick up Freeman and Rice.

the whole package means we have done well. If some hack idiot like Jay Clarke writes something negative while praising his beloved Essendon well it is up to you to decide whether to read it or not.

You are garbage - Enough said
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

to be deliberately negative a view could be that 14 is more likely to be bust than 5. At around the 14 mark in recent times we have brought in Hickey, and Lee in separate transactions. Neither of whom you could case a very strong argument to say are in our best 22.

so fingers crossed for pick 14 (and we have a good recent prospecting record) but let's not get carried away enough to not recognize the margin between a five and a fourteen.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
longtimesaint
Club Player

millarsaint wrote:to be deliberately negative a view could be that 14 is more likely to be bust than 5. At around the 14 mark in recent times we have brought in Hickey, and Lee in separate transactions. Neither of whom you could case a very strong argument to say are in our best 22.

so fingers crossed for pick 14 (and we have a good recent prospecting record) but let's not get carried away enough to not recognize the margin between a five and a fourteen.
There has been some good players at pick 14 in recent years namely Grant Birchall, Lewis Jetta, and Cam McCarthy.
So hopefully we get a food player this year.

One year will be our year
SMS
Club Player

Carlisle
Gresham Balic or Matheison
Rice
Freeman
Sinclair

Great draft. Ffs stop complaining. Jake is a 200cm KPD gun.

WE needed KDP, clearance players and speed
Tick tick tick.

Excellent draft.
GO SAINTS.

ripplug66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:

It's only about 30K after tax and for anyone on over half a mil a year with half a brain that invests and saves wisely it shoudnt hurt that much. Yes, they are broad assumptions re brain capacity.

Its funny how its 30K after tax but you say he is on over half a million but don't mention tax. 30 or 50k will hurt him or most people on a wage like that. All things considered the Saints come out of this looking good. Carlisle also comes out of it better than he looked 2 weeks ago.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 6bb464797e

Essendon are bereft of one ounce of business morality! I shouldnt be surprised to read the above but poor old Ameet got a major lesson in 'dirty trade tactics'!

To be honest I never see myself ever forgiving Carlisle / Essendon for whats occurred. When I think of him I have no other feelings than contempt and wished he never came to our club!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

That fits with my theory that the bombers and dudoro chased Hawks to create competition

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:That fits with my theory that the bombers and dudoro chased Hawks to create competition
Dildoro probably did but I doubt that Essendon knew what Carlisle was up to.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
the dome
Club Player

Essinbin Dob in Carlisle to Hawks ??

Heard earlier this morning (radio) that essinbin dobbed in Carlisle's private life choices to the Hawks in their trade 'dealings' a few weeks ago. The report claimed the AFL aren't that impressed.
If accurate there seems to be something bitter & twisted thriving over @ essinbin.
The morre I think about it the more I think with a club endorsed secret injecting initiative the more probable it would be for some players to go off the rails and make the wrong decisions at least partly because the overwhelming atmosphere around the club smelt 'dodgy'. With all those windy hill premierships it sure makes the essinbin 'brains' trust' appear uber - greedy.
Carlisle wanting out always reminded me off his team-mate who wanted out as well so he could play for the Doggies instead (before Bevo took over there).
Jake gets a second chance with a team that is no doubt disappointed with how he transfered over but there was from the beginning of the opinion that Jake Carlisle would become a better player for St.Kilda thanthe esses.
Personally I would have liked to keep pick 5 like some but team structure and dynamics going fwd 'may' be all the better 'if 'J.C. can manage to thrive at his new home.
Fingers are still crossed on our on-going development.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Hi all, After reading the back page of the H-Sun today, I am convinced that Essendon's Master Plan was to trade Carlisle to Hawthorn, then 'discredit' Hawthorn as a result.

I've been building this slight suspicion that "someone" on AFL circles is trying to destabilise Hawthorn this year.

- The weird betting patterns when Port Adel beat Hawthorn at the MCG this year
- The Luke Hodge 0.06 driving incident
- The embarassing AFL Shop "Sam Mithcell wins 2015 Brownlow Medal" 9.30pm release.
- The post season Hawthorn secks scandal.
- (trying to) Trade Carlisle to Hawthorn, then Ch 9 uses the video on Jake as leverege
- Previous history b/w Hawthron and Essendon

Dodoro's comments on SEN, the day Jake joined Saints, when he said "I was convinced Jake would join Hawthorn" now make sense. Ess was part of the set=up to destabilise Hawthorn. Hawthorn had nothing to trade to get Carlisle, so I don't get this notion of why Ess wanted Carlisle to goto Hawthorn....unless you consider the theory that the Master Plan was to get Jake to hawthron, the 'destabilise' the trade by releasing that video of Jake and Powder.

Jake, to his credit, stuck to joining the Saints. Also, as I posted recentl;y, my workmate's niece is friends with Jake, and Jake does nto allow home video of him drinking beer, so this drug shot is very very odd.

Adrian Dodoro at Essendon stinks. Bad.
Last edited by IanRush on Tue 10 Nov 2015 9:21am, edited 1 time in total.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

IanRush wrote:Hi all, After reading the back page of the H-Sun today, I am convinced that Essendon's Master Plan was to trade Carlisle to Hawthorn, then 'discredit' Hawthorn as a result.

I've been building this slight suspicion that "someone" on AFL circles is trying to destabilise Hawthorn this year.

- (trying to) Trade Carlisle to Hawthorn, then Ch 9 uses the video on Jake as leverege

Dodoro's comments on SEN, the day Jake joined Saints, when he said "I was convinced Jake would join Hawthorn" now make sense. Ess was part of the set=up to destabilise Hawthorn. Hawthorn had nothing to trade to get Carlisle, so I don't get this notion of why Ess wanted Carlisle to goto Hawthorn....unless you consider the theory that the Master Plan was to get Jake to hawthron, the 'destabilise' the trade by releasing that video of Jake and Powder.

Jake, to his credit, stuck to joining the Saints. Also, as I posted recentl;y, my workmate's niece is friends with Jake, and Jake does nto allow home video of him drinking beer, so this drug shot is very very odd.

Yes.Yes . It is amazing how they got Hodge to agree to get drunk and drive.

Also to get a woman to set up the Hawthorn players with sexual assault.

Holds up. AFL obviously out to destroy Hawthorn

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
IanRush wrote:Hi all, After reading the back page of the H-Sun today, I am convinced that Essendon's Master Plan was to trade Carlisle to Hawthorn, then 'discredit' Hawthorn as a result.

You forgot to comment on the betting patterns from the Port-Hawks game.

Go back and re-read the secks scandal stuff, the chick seemed to be happily drinking with the Hawks boys at a trendy pub, then claims she was raped twice, in the taxi, THEN at a house in Ashburton.

THEN she calls HER BOYFRIEND, the next day, and goes to Box Hill Station to formally lodge a complaint.

Taxi’s have camera’s in them now, any footage of a criminal offence would be picked up quickly. Charges would have been laid by now if there was camera footage. For a chick with a boyfriend, she didn’t object to jumping in a cab with these players......

My tip/assumption? She’s a hooker, paid to set the Hawks boys up. It's probably no different to Kim Duthie and 2010, that stank of a set-up with "hired female help".

PS Going back to 2010, was that Kim Duthie chick a hooker, or a druggie? That case always stank at the time, and from my understanding, Kim was ‘donated’ an apartment on the Gold Coast after Nixon and a few others crashed.....

MOD EDIT <<<<< There will be zero tolerance for teasing, mocking, baiting, belittling, badgering, bullying or any insulting, abusive, sexist, racist, ageist, homophobic, religiously or culturally offensive, or threatening behaviour. Such behaviour constitutes a breach of rules and a Saintsational warning will be issued. >>>>>>>

POSTER WARNED FOR OFFENSIVE POST
Last edited by IanRush on Tue 10 Nov 2015 9:34am, edited 1 time in total.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
spert
Saintsational Legend

I would suggest that Hawthorn have a lot more pull in the media than we have, and like Collingwood, are excellent at keeping their dirt out of the print and electronic media.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

spert wrote:I would suggest that Hawthorn have a lot more pull in the media than we have, and like Collingwood, are excellent at keeping their dirt out of the print and electronic media.
The chick reporter at Channel 9 who 'broke' the Carlise video (Alicia Muling) has strong connections to Hawthorn, as her Grandfather and John Kennedy (the original one) are best friends. Alicia did a story in late 2013 for the Albury Wodonga Border Mail about her Hawthorn connections.

The whole thing on Jake's video stinks to high heaven.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

You forgot to comment on the betting patterns from the Port-Hawks game.

Go back and re-read the secks scandal stuff, the chick seemed to be happily drinking with the Hawks boys at a trendy pub, then claims she was raped twice, in the taxi, THEN at a house in Ashburton.

THEN she calls HER BOYFRIEND, the next day, and goes to Box Hill Station to formally lodge a complaint.

Taxi’s have camera’s in them now, any footage of a criminal offence would be picked up quickly. Charges would have been laid by now if there was camera footage. For a chick with a boyfriend, she didn’t object to jumping in a cab with these players......

My tip/assumption? She’s a hooker, paid to set the Hawks boys up. It's probably no different to Kim Duthie and 2010, that stank of a set-up with "hired female help".

PS Going back to 2010, was that Kim Duthie chick a hooker, or a druggie? That case always stank at the time, and from my understanding, Kim was ‘donated’ an apartment on the Gold Coast after Nixon and a few others crashed.....
That's incredibly offensive. Anyone has a right to get into a taxi with whoever and not be raped. And who cares if she has a boyfriend. And stop calling her and other females "chicks" to demean them as fluffy little things. Maybe its time you took your ridiculous conspiracy theories and leave this website. Maybe go back to Carlton's site - the club that is infamous for its "rape fund" of the 70's and 80's to make rape allegations go disappear.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Bluthy wrote:That's incredibly offensive. Anyone has a right to get into a taxi with whoever and not be raped. And who cares if she has a boyfriend. And stop calling her and other females "chicks" to demean them as fluffy little things. Maybe its time you took your ridiculous conspiracy theories and leave this website. Maybe go back to Carlton's site - the club that is infamous for its "rape fund" of the 70's and 80's to make rape allegations go disappear.
Sorry mate, but when stuff like the below, is happening in global, professional sport, people are almost entitled to a skeptical view of things. Given the large amounts of money in AFL/NRL, we can't have a simplistic view anymore than all is fine, honourable and dandy. And we can't have the notion that "we're Aussies, we don't cheat in sport" notion either.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/34765444

Athletics doping: Wada commission wants Russia ban

It claimed Russian athletes paid 5% of their earnings to domestic doping officials to supply banned substances and cover-up tests, while athletics' world governing body the IAAF was implicated in covering up the abuse.
Last edited by IanRush on Tue 10 Nov 2015 10:00am, edited 1 time in total.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 6bb464797e

Essendon are bereft of one ounce of business morality! I shouldnt be surprised to read the above but poor old Ameet got a major lesson in 'dirty trade tactics'!

To be honest I never see myself ever forgiving Carlisle / Essendon for whats occurred. When I think of him I have no other feelings than contempt and wished he never came to our club!
To me this highlights what a toxic management culture there was and still is at Essendon about treating players like cattle. The common view is if a player wants to go somewhere, you try and get it done. Instead they give away private details of his location to a different club. Zero level of respect for players rights and just seeing them as objects. By being head hunted so strongly as the club golden boy, Hird brought in a narcissitic, short-sighted approach where player welfare got pushed way back on the club agenda.

It also shows what assholes Hawks were. They weren't just "waiting to see if the deal get done and if not get involved" like they tried to sell. They actively jumped in the middle where protocol says you let the clubs try and get the deal done first as the player wants to get to that club. They probably made us pay a lot more than we needed to.

bob__71
Club Player

IanRush wrote:
Bluthy wrote:That's incredibly offensive. Anyone has a right to get into a taxi with whoever and not be raped. And who cares if she has a boyfriend. And stop calling her and other females "chicks" to demean them as fluffy little things. Maybe its time you took your ridiculous conspiracy theories and leave this website. Maybe go back to Carlton's site - the club that is infamous for its "rape fund" of the 70's and 80's to make rape allegations go disappear.
Sorry mate, but when stuff like the below, is happening in global, professional sport, people are almost entitled to a skeptical view of things. Given the large amounts of money in AFL/NRL, we can't have a simplistic view anymore than all is fine, honourable and dandy. And we can't have the notion that "we're Aussies, we don't cheat in sport" notion either.

It claimed Russian athletes paid 5% of their earnings to domestic doping officials to supply banned substances and cover-up tests, while athletics' world governing body the IAAF was implicated in covering up the abuse.
What Russian Athletes did or didnt do does not change the fact that your post in question is highly offensive. Your comment was not about drugs in sport it was just a low dig at someone you know nothing about. Funnily if I was to call you something equally degrading as you called the lady in your post I would be cited for abusive language.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

bob__71 wrote:
IanRush wrote:

What Russian Athletes did or didnt do does not change the fact that your post in question is highly offensive. Your comment was not about drugs in sport it was just a low dig at someone you know nothing about. Funnily if I was to call you something equally degrading as you called the lady in your post I would be cited for abusive language.

Don't sweat IanRush, he is the resident nutter.

Fitting his straw men arguments to suit his conspiracy. The "chick" was probably a hooker according to Ian. Besides the fact that sex workers still have rights and like any other person in the community, it is illegal to rape them, is there any evidence she is a "hooker"

And how did the powers that be induce Luke Hodge to get pissed and drive and get caught DUI a couple of weeks before the GF?

Wow - please mods, can we have this garbage confined to the Essendope thread? It is now infecting other threads.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Good to see those who regularly whinge and cry about my posts, post away here.

All I am doing is presenting a different take on the matter, no offence is meant, but if you’re not prepared to accept an alternate scenario may have occured, then you’re the lesser person for it, for having your eyes (and brain) shut, either by yourself, or others.

Have VicPol charged anyone yet, despite the fact that Taxi’s have video installed? Have you thought that, with video evidence, that charges could be laid in quick time?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

"Instead they give away private details of his location to a different club."
(i cant read the article)
and not saying they didnt ... but the Dons got fined for not informing the drug testers of where he was ... and claimed they didnt know.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.