Carlisle "scandal"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Carlisle "scandal"

WindSister wrote:you're a funny boy Harry

WindSister 'n Bunk have shared a pre match nerve settler
... he goes alright

at least i know he'd be there ,
if the sh1t hit the fan :D
Lol you got his number right there Windsister. Harry would never have the cajones to come out from behind his Internet personally.

Cowards rarely do.

Must have a nerve settler again sometime. Good days

You are garbage - Enough said
Playon
Club Player

WindSister wrote:"Instead they give away private details of his location to a different club."
(i cant read the article)
and not saying they didnt ... but the Dons got fined for not informing the drug testers of where he was ... and claimed they didnt know.
AFL players act on Alastair Clarkson’s hotel visit in bid to lure Jake Carlisle to Hawthorn during trade period

Michael Warner
Herald Sun
November 09, 2015 7:30PM

Jake Carlisle was contacted by Hawks coach Alastair Clarkson at his Florida hotel during the trade period. Source: News Corp Australia

PLAYER privacy rules will be tightened after Essendon provided Hawthorn with Jake Carlisle’s location in Florida in the desperate last days of the trade period.

Four-time premiership coach Alastair Clarkson arrived unannounced at Carlisle’s Florida hotel last month in a bold — but ultimately unsuccessful bid — to lure him to the Hawks.

The first Carlisle knew of Clarkson’s presence was when he phoned his room from the downstairs reception desk.

Carlisle contacted his manager, Anthony McConville, to seek his guidance before agreeing to meet with Clarkson.

Clarkson was already in the US and made his pitch over lunch in a move that forced St Kilda to increase its offer.

Carlisle had provided Essendon with his travel itinerary to fulfil a requirement that the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority know the whereabouts of all players at all times.

But Essendon said it had not breached any rules.

“Prior to the trade period, the club spoke to Jake’s manager explaining that we required his whereabouts for his leave requirements and for the purpose of being able to facilitate a trade,” football boss Rob Kerr told the Herald Sun.

“The club attempted to contact Jake via phone in that period but was unable to speak to him.

“The club has been in contact with the AFL, Carlisle’s manager and the AFLPA about the matter and we are satisfied with the outcome.”

It is believed St Kilda raised concerns about Clarkson’s Florida visit with the AFL Players’ Association after being made aware of the surprise visit.

AFLPA executive Ian Prendergast said: “We are aware of the allegation that Jake’s whereabouts information was provided to a third party.

“On the face of it, given a player provides this information for a specific purpose as required by the AFL anti-doping code, it should not be passed on to a third party without the player’s consent.

“However, based on the communication we’ve had with the relevant parties, we will not be requesting an investigation in relation to the allegation.

“We will raise this issue as part of a broader discussion with the AFL and the clubs aimed at enhancing the professional standards to be complied with in circumstances where players are looking to move clubs in the future.”

Carlisle’s shift to St Kilda has been plagued by controversy after footage emerged of the former Bomber snorting lines of white powder just hours after the trade was agreed.

Hawthorn and St Kilda have both privately conceded they would not have traded for Carlisle if they had been made aware of the SnapChat video.

Carlisle has been suspended for the first two matches of next season and had his lucrative four-year contract rewritten.
Originally published as Clarko’s hotel visit prompts rule rethink

jimmy_slats
Club Player

heard a whisper he rocked up late to his second training sesh and has been joking about it being a very expensive bag of coke and just being a general piece of shiit...

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:heard a whisper he rocked up late to his second training sesh and has been joking about it being a very expensive bag of coke and just being a general piece of shiit...
If true, he won't be around for much longer and Essendon would have dealt us yet another lemon, much like Lovett,

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
ripplug66
Club Player

jimmy_slats wrote:heard a whisper he rocked up late to his second training sesh and has been joking about it being a very expensive bag of coke and just being a general piece of shiit...

Heard he was on time and there has been no issues.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Heard a whisper that he rocked up to training two weeks early.

Saints43
Club Player

Have just been cheering myself up with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb-PKNfqgRU

Jake Carlisle 8 goals vs Western Bulldogs Round 18 2014

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Thanx Playon.

"Carlisle had provided Essendon with his travel itinerary to fulfil a requirement that the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority know the whereabouts of all players at all times."

doesnt add up.
how can that equal the Dons copping a 2.5 k fine for not knowing where he was.
... strange. ( ultimately unimportant i suppose but still weird )

At least Jake can't get bagged out for not having informed them.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
markp
Saintsational Legend

They're very good at not knowing, but knowing.

They don't know what they injected players with, but they know it was safe and legit.

They didn't know where jake was for asada when it might have damaged them, but they knew for hawthorn when it might have benefited them.

And of course they had no idea about the video that came out only several hours after he was off their books.

Garbage club.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:They're very good at not knowing, but knowing.

They don't know what they injected players with, but they know it was safe and legit.

They didn't know where jake was for asada when it might have damaged them, but they knew for hawthorn when it might have benefited them.

And of course they had no idea about the video that came out only several hours after he was off their books.

Garbage club.
+1
Pretty astute summation of Essendope, IMHO

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Garbage club.
Great post
I hate them

“Yeah….nah””
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:

Garbage club.
Great post
I hate them
Used to hate Carlton but this club is truly black hearted.

Not surprising that most of the crims in the gangland wars lived in the Essendon area.

The club has a culture rotten to the core beginning g in 1924 when they were bribed to throw the challenge game against VFL camps Footscray.

Recidivism SC Cheats and illicit drug takers. Think their s**t doesn't stink.

What they have done for three years shows their true character. Carlisle is lucky to be out of there

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'm starting to think hate Essendope more than Carlton. But only just!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Johnny Favier
Club Player

Garbage club.

You've just summed up the Essendope thread and miles and miles of news column inches in 5 concise sentences there markp.

Great post.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Favier wrote:

Garbage club.

You've just summed up the Essendope thread and miles and miles of news column inches in 5 concise sentences there markp.

Great post.
Can I copy and paste that markp? :wink:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Jeez lucky we don't have a lot of the bleeding hearts on this board running the club - you'd be giving him a big hug as soon as he walked into the club - poor Jakey. Lets all "get around" Jakey. What does that even mean apart from making you sound like Mr Super club loyal supporter man. Its such a stupid, meaningless phrase. I will cheer him only because he's in a saints jumper and when he does something good it helps ST Kilda win. He lied to his manager and he lied to us right before the trade. He needs more than a few games, or kicking 8 in a match for me to trust him. I need 2 solid years of damn committed footy. I hope he is reminded of his betrayal so it hangs like a yoke around his neck for the next 2 years. It could be the burden he needs to ground him and stop his ego flying off into neverland. I ain't "getting round" Jakey until he proves it by actions, not scripted words.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
Johnny Favier wrote:

Garbage club.

Great post.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
Johnny Favier wrote:

Garbage club.

Great post.
:wink:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Bluthy wrote:Jeez lucky we don't have a lot of the bleeding hearts on this board running the club - you'd be giving him a big hug as soon as he walked into the club - poor Jakey. Lets all "get around" Jakey. What does that even mean apart from making you sound like Mr Super club loyal supporter man. Its such a stupid, meaningless phrase. I will cheer him only because he's in a saints jumper and when he does something good it helps ST Kilda win. He lied to his manager and he lied to us right before the trade. He needs more than a few games, or kicking 8 in a match for me to trust him. I need 2 solid years of damn committed footy. I hope he is reminded of his betrayal so it hangs like a yoke around his neck for the next 2 years. It could be the burden he needs to ground him and stop his ego flying off into neverland. I ain't "getting round" Jakey until he proves it by actions, not scripted words.

Jeez you must be a hard man Bluthy.

Well at least you talk a good game on the internet.

Hilarious you accuse supporters of empty words then create a whole post of meaningless BS.

Pot Kettle Black

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

From the time I saw Essendons slogan "Whatever it takes" I thought that it might be impying they were willing to dabble in body building drugs etc. How right I was.

Richter
SS Life Member

Saints43 wrote:Have just been cheering myself up with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb-PKNfqgRU

Jake Carlisle 8 goals vs Western Bulldogs Round 18 2014
Comedy moment at 3.35 when Jake takes the mark in the lead up to him kicking his 8th... the advertising hoardings behind the Essendon goals are for...

... wait for it...

... WORKSAFE VICTORIA... !!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Jeez lucky we don't have a lot of the bleeding hearts on this board running the club - you'd be giving him a big hug as soon as he walked into the club - poor Jakey. Lets all "get around" Jakey. What does that even mean apart from making you sound like Mr Super club loyal supporter man. Its such a stupid, meaningless phrase. I will cheer him only because he's in a saints jumper and when he does something good it helps ST Kilda win. He lied to his manager and he lied to us right before the trade. He needs more than a few games, or kicking 8 in a match for me to trust him. I need 2 solid years of damn committed footy. I hope he is reminded of his betrayal so it hangs like a yoke around his neck for the next 2 years. It could be the burden he needs to ground him and stop his ego flying off into neverland. I ain't "getting round" Jakey until he proves it by actions, not scripted words.
I'm a bit confused. Will you be cheering him in Round 3 when he is likely to make his debut for the Saints or are you waiting until 2018?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'd want our club doing the same thing if it was roles reversed.

Just saying.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Jeez you must be a hard man Bluthy.

Well at least you talk a good game on the internet.

Hilarious you accuse supporters of empty words then create a whole post of meaningless BS.

Pot Kettle Black
Thanks for the great insights Bunk. Really furthering the debate with some powerful analysis. :roll:

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
I'm a bit confused. Will you be cheering him in Round 3 when he is likely to make his debut for the Saints or are you waiting until 2018?
What did I just say Kosi? I will cheer him because he's in a St Kilda jumper and if he does well St Kilda does better. But I don't trust the guy. If you want to, knock yourself out. He lied to us and his manager. That would have been a punch in the guts to Richo and Richo won't forget that easily either no matter what words he is saying.

Why do debates here always have to fit on to a car bumper sticker "Carlisle: Love him or Leave". Forgive me if I get my back up with these people on their club loyalty high horse and want to maintain my critical faculties and not fall in line with the cult like "he's one of ours now - forget the past" slogan. The issue of how much of a team player he is still relevant - this was a guy who broke the cardinal rule of not hanging out your dirty washing to other teams. The guy has shown some serious self-destructive tendencies getting filmed doing drugs with a huge drug investigation hanging over his head. Whether those tendencies will surface again is a big issue.

Words are easy. Only two years of genuine, mature commitment to the club will make me believe this cat can be the rock we build our premiership defence on. And that may involve being a swing man forward for a while particularly if Rooey is unavailable and/or McCartin is still developed in the twos for a bit. He should suck that up and be happy to give the club flexibility.