Dear Archie...and well done Finnis!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Dear Archie...and well done Finnis!

Mr Magic wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Can anyone remember why the club decided not to play anymore home games in Tasmania?
I believe GT convinced the Board that the money we were getting wasn't worth it compared to our inability to play down there.
That decision frustrates me just as much as the Seaford one.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I believe the dispute with the council escalated over 8 poker machines !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

lefty
Club Player

I couldn't give a rats ass if players like or dislike the location. You either play for the club, play for someone else, or go get a regular job and play local football.
Simply basing location as the main source of all our problems is utterly ridiculous.

Seaford is not that terrible at all, its right off eastlink/peninsula link, I'd rather have an easier drive going against traffic on a freeway, verses stopping at every f****** set of lights. Moorabbin is a huge pain in the ass to get to. Honestly its f****** terrible. Try getting there from Doncaster. Who in their right mind loves f****** Warrigal road? I ain't doing that s***.

Blaming one person for the move is also ridiculous. Do you honestly think one person is responsible?
What about the local bowls club that no one mentions, or you forgotten that they were also the problem?

Anyway, I don't care anymore, but the lack of fore-sight is disappointing. Seaford is a growth area, an area to represent new families/communities, but if it means we get new facilities/re-development, then good for us, as Moorabbin in its current state is in dire need of being bulldozed.

In all honestly I would prefer we represent both locations and have two different ground sizes, one Etihad shaped, and the other MCG shaped.

Just remember, Hawthorn have done well compared to us.
- They went to the MCG, we went to Etihad --> They won
- We were offered Waverley but denied it, Hawks took it --> They won
- We left Tassy, Hawks took it --> They won
- We leave Seaford, Hawks move to Dingly --> Yet to be determined.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:I couldn't give a rats ass if players like or dislike the location. You either play for the club, play for someone else, or go get a regular job and play local football.
Simply basing location as the main source of all our problems is utterly ridiculous.

Seaford is not that terrible at all, its right off eastlink/peninsula link, I'd rather have an easier drive going against traffic on a freeway, verses stopping at every f****** set of lights. Moorabbin is a huge pain in the ass to get to. Honestly its f****** terrible. Try getting there from Doncaster. Who in their right mind loves f****** Warrigal road? I ain't doing that s***.

Blaming one person for the move is also ridiculous. Do you honestly think one person is responsible?
What about the local bowls club that no one mentions, or you forgotten that they were also the problem?

Anyway, I don't care anymore, but the lack of fore-sight is disappointing. Seaford is a growth area, an area to represent new families/communities, but if it means we get new facilities/re-development, then good for us, as Moorabbin in its current state is in dire need of being bulldozed.

In all honestly I would prefer we represent both locations and have two different ground sizes, one Etihad shaped, and the other MCG shaped.

You fail to mention that Moorabbin is our spiritual home. Most of the players will be going to training out of peak hour. Seaford wasn't planned too well if it's already been outgrown.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin is right next to the most desirable bayside suburbs that our players on decent incomes would like to live in

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Moorabbin is right next to the most desirable bayside suburbs that our players on decent incomes would like to live in
No, apparently they all live in Doncaster.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Ever dealt with local govt councillors SP?
Parsimony is a great virtue when it comes to the written word, SP. Summed it up seven little words. I'm doing a bit of anti-corruption consulting atm (See what I did there? Used an acronym to create a sense of parsimony. Oh wait...), and the most corrupt orgnisations in our surveys were.......you guessed it, Local Councils! A staggering 72% of respondents rated them "corrupt, or very corrupt". Even the usual suspects, Police, unions, lawyers et al were down in the 30's. What a damning indictment! They even beat state and federal governments. Having said all that, Archie Fraser was a narcissistic, incompetent buffoon. A misogynistic sociopath, who eventually left, as three female staff members successfully prosecuted him for sexual harassment and bullying. It's little wonder he found Topsy so frustrating to deal with, although in fairness to AF, she was as much to blame. A classic example of the clash of the incompetent egotists.

How has Archie gone since leaving us? Does anyone know what he's doing now? He was involved as CEO of the attempt to form the breakaway group from the A League. Went down like a wrought-iron hang glider. I want to move a motion (no pun intended) to name the new toilet block at the rennovated Moorabbin complex as, "The Archie Fraser & Topsy Petchey Memorial Pissoir", as an enduring monument to the time, money and effort that was quite literally pissed away because of those idiots. Now, back to parsimony............
State and Commonwealth Government agencies are full of ex local council executive. These places are made up of self serving arse licking bureaucrats whose raison d’être is to expand their influence and power and in at least 80% of cases, not achieve that much benefit for the wider community.

The culture of power politics, obfuscation, short-termism, cronyism, bullying, wastage of public money, not following process (bordering on corruption), lack of meaningful accountability etc etc permeates throughout all layers of government.

These are fairly predictable outputs and costs of a system built on a highly centralised and hierarchical command and control organisational system which sees privilege and power concentrated at the top. The behaviour is rewarded because there is a significant disconnect between risk, performance and reward.

Change the incentives and the rules and the outputs and behaviours change. Change the players only and the game remains the same.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Parsimony is a great virtue when it comes to the written word, SP. Summed it up seven little words. I'm doing a bit of anti-corruption consulting atm (See what I did there? Used an acronym to create a sense of parsimony. Oh wait...), and the most corrupt orgnisations in our surveys were.......you guessed it, Local Councils! A staggering 72% of respondents rated them "corrupt, or very corrupt". Even the usual suspects, Police, unions, lawyers et al were down in the 30's. What a damning indictment! They even beat state and federal governments. Having said all that, Archie Fraser was a narcissistic, incompetent buffoon. A misogynistic sociopath, who eventually left, as three female staff members successfully prosecuted him for sexual harassment and bullying. It's little wonder he found Topsy so frustrating to deal with, although in fairness to AF, she was as much to blame. A classic example of the clash of the incompetent egotists.

How has Archie gone since leaving us? Does anyone know what he's doing now? He was involved as CEO of the attempt to form the breakaway group from the A League. Went down like a wrought-iron hang glider. I want to move a motion (no pun intended) to name the new toilet block at the rennovated Moorabbin complex as, "The Archie Fraser & Topsy Petchey Memorial Pissoir", as an enduring monument to the time, money and effort that was quite literally pissed away because of those idiots. Now, back to parsimony............
State and Commonwealth Government agencies are full of ex local council executive. These places are made up of self serving arse licking bureaucrats whose raison d’être is to expand their influence and power and in at least 80% of cases, not achieve that much benefit for the wider community.

The culture of power politics, obfuscation, short-termism, cronyism, bullying, wastage of public money, not following process (bordering on corruption), lack of meaningful accountability etc etc permeates throughout all layers of government.

These are fairly predictable outputs and costs of a system built on a highly centralised and hierarchical command and control organisational system which sees privilege and power concentrated at the top. The behaviour is rewarded because there is a significant disconnect between risk, performance and reward.

Change the incentives and the rules and the outputs and behaviours change. Change the players only and the game remains the same.
I worked on and off for decades in Commonwealth and State bodies,. Never ever came across any ex local council executives apart from one training course I attended in the 70's but that was for all three tiers of government.

Guess I was just lucky.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

lefty wrote:I couldn't give a rats ass if players like or dislike the location. You either play for the club, play for someone else, or go get a regular job and play local football.

Waverley and Tasmania... Who were the administrators for those decisions?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

I worked on and off for decades in Commonwealth and State bodies,. Never ever came across any ex local council executives apart from one training course I attended in the 70's but that was for all three tiers of government.

Guess I was just lucky.
You must have been a Leader in the Know.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

i dont know what that means

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

Guess I was just lucky.
You must have been a Leader in the Know.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:i dont know what that means
L.I.K.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Plain english would be good

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Frank and fearless advice, hey?

Are you denying that you used arse licking and bum sniffing techniques with the key decision makers to get ahead at work?