Carlisle ban?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle ban?

magnifisaint wrote:
saintbrat wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/p ... 9ade766b0c
IN just 83 days at St Kilda Jake Carlisle denied and then admitting snorting drugs, slept through training sessions, then was banned for the entire 2016 season.

Not a bad hit parade for a player on a $2.4 million contract, as St Kilda’s bold recruitment was roundly mocked as a catastrophic failure.

Yet the collateral damage to St Kilda’s long-term plans is exactly zero, with 25-year-old Carlisle’s absence actually containing a small silver lining
So what is the silver lining?
I'm happy for them to sell silver linings - more games into Goddard, test out Delaney, Lee and Shenton etc. Thats all nice spin and PR and its what clubs do. But for a footy journalist to say "zero damage" from Carlisle's ban is ridiculous. This fantasy that players just magically develop because of age is ridiculous. That is the trap Melbourne go into thinking they could just put lot of young kids in and sit on the eggs for four years and hey presto we've hatched a premiership team.

Why do clubs spend so much time on decision making video's, tactical meetings, training drills, complex plays, teaching players resilience and a billion other things? Because they don't want to bore the players? Think about your own work. You develop by doing the work, doing courses, talking to customers, being in meetings and exposed to different areas and growing your knowledge base. You sit at home you aint learning s***.

Carlisle has a lot of development to do. He has been inconsistent and immature on the field. To miss a season in our great development environment is a blow. ANd to possibly miss out on playing alongside Fisher and Demps with their brilliant play reading is a real shame. Its certainly not as bad as dogs and port. No damage. :roll: I'm sure the club punched the air when they heard the verdict. No damage there! Whoo-hoo.

ripplug66
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
saintbrat wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/p ... 9ade766b0c
IN just 83 days at St Kilda Jake Carlisle denied and then admitting snorting drugs, slept through training sessions, then was banned for the entire 2016 season.

Not a bad hit parade for a player on a $2.4 million contract, as St Kilda’s bold recruitment was roundly mocked as a catastrophic failure.

Yet the collateral damage to St Kilda’s long-term plans is exactly zero, with 25-year-old Carlisle’s absence actually containing a small silver lining
So what is the silver lining?
I'm happy for them to sell silver linings - more games into Goddard, test out Delaney, Lee and Shenton etc. Thats all nice spin and PR and its what clubs do. But for a footy journalist to say "zero damage" from Carlisle's ban is ridiculous. This fantasy that players just magically develop because of age is ridiculous. That is the trap Melbourne go into thinking they could just put lot of young kids in and sit on the eggs for four years and hey presto we've hatched a premiership team.

Why do clubs spend so much time on decision making video's, tactical meetings, training drills, complex plays, teaching players resilience and a billion other things? Because they don't want to bore the players? Think about your own work. You develop by doing the work, doing courses, talking to customers, being in meetings and exposed to different areas and growing your knowledge base. You sit at home you aint learning s***.

Carlisle has a lot of development to do. He has been inconsistent and immature on the field. To miss a season in our great development environment is a blow. ANd to possibly miss out on playing alongside Fisher and Demps with their brilliant play reading is a real shame. Its certainly not as bad as dogs and port. No damage. :roll: I'm sure the club punched the air when they heard the verdict. No damage there! Whoo-hoo.

Bluthy you are really losing it over this Carlisle thing. Whilst bugger all good can come from him missing a year to suggest things like he will tactical videos and drills and complex plays and so on is way over the top. How did a player like Lonie play when he never had any of these things the year before he played? It makes no sense. And lonie has never played a year of AFL footy. Carlisle already has at least 5.

Fitness and football knowledge wont be the issue. The only issue is inside Carlisle brain. All the other stuff will be sorted out in the 5 months of pre season on top of the 2 months he has already done.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote: Bluthy you are really losing it over this Carlisle thing. Whilst bugger all good can come from him missing a year to suggest things like he will tactical videos and drills and complex plays and so on is way over the top. How did a player like Lonie play when he never had any of these things the year before he played? It makes no sense. And lonie has never played a year of AFL footy. Carlisle already has at least 5.
Fitness and football knowledge wont be the issue. The only issue is inside Carlisle brain. All the other stuff will be sorted out in the 5 months of pre season on top of the 2 months he has already done.
I'm not losing it over Carlisle at all. This Carlisle voodoo doll I stab everyday with pins is releasing a lot of my pent up resentment. Lonie is actually the perfect example to prove my argument. He benefited immensley from the club's resources getting him upto AFL fitness and strength, use Schneider and other players and coaches as a mentor, understanding AFL level tactics and formations. There is no way he would have played round 1 if he trained by himself.

You jogged my memory to check - CARLISLE TWITTER UPDATE:

Why is holding a plant - is that some sort of drug reference?? Could he be that dumb? Well yes.

:shock:
Joel Fletcher Allan, better known as Joel Fletcher, is a producer and DJ from Melbourne, Australia, who is best known for his 2013 remix of New Zealand rapper Savage's 2005 single "Swing" which charted in Australia and in New Zealand.

I'm gunna sound like Jake's mum here but I don't like him hanging out with these sorts. He is a guy who's had recreational drug issues hanging out with the DJ rave party crowd :shock: Not happy Jan. These better not be the same ferals who sold him out. If Jake is busted again then I hope we tear up his contract and make him snort it.

ripplug66
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
ripplug66 wrote: Bluthy you are really losing it over this Carlisle thing. Whilst bugger all good can come from him missing a year to suggest things like he will tactical videos and drills and complex plays and so on is way over the top. How did a player like Lonie play when he never had any of these things the year before he played? It makes no sense. And lonie has never played a year of AFL footy. Carlisle already has at least 5.
I'm not losing it over Carlisle at all. This Carlisle voodoo doll I stab everyday with pins is releasing a lot of my pent up resentment. Lonie is actually the perfect example to prove my argument. He benefited immensley from the club's resources getting him upto AFL fitness and strength, use Schneider and other players and coaches as a mentor, understanding AFL level tactics and formations. There is no way he would have played round 1 if he trained by himself.

Why is holding a plant - is that some sort of drug reference?? Could he be that dumb? Well yes.

Joel Fletcher Allan, better known as Joel Fletcher, is a producer and DJ from Melbourne, Australia, who is best known for his 2013 remix of New Zealand rapper Savage's 2005 single "Swing" which charted in Australia and in New Zealand.

I'm gunna sound like Jake's mum here but I don't like him hanging out with these sorts. He is a guy who's had recreational drug issues hanging out with the DJ rave party crowd :shock: Not happy Jan. These better not be the same ferals who sold him out. If Jake is busted again then I hope we tear up his contract and make him snort it.
Lonie is a very bad example of what you said unless he did the following "decision making video's, tactical meetings, training drills, complex plays, teaching players resilience and a billion other things?" Those were your exact words.

And I hope you are joking about the plant and worrying about his friends. Actually I know you couldn't be serious. No one could.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:

What a boosie looking lot of fat bogans he hangs out with, :roll: :roll: :roll:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 9144259254
ST KILDA coach Alan Richardson says he is comfortable with the program the Saints have in place for banned recruit Jake Carlisle.

Asked on Thursday whether he would encourage Carlisle to get involved in plans for premiership coach Mick Malthouse to train a group of banned Bombers, Richardson said the Saints’ focus had been more on supporting the key position player outside of football.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“We are really comfortable that we have got a program in place for Jake that is as much about what he does away from footy than footy itself.

“The reality is that we get Jake back in September to be able to get him really, specifically footy conditioned, we’ve got a long time to work with him.

“We just want to make sure that his welfare and the support for him from a welfare perspective is really strong and that he’s busy and proactive away from footy.’’

Carlisle plans to work in construction during his season-long ban.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

“There is certainly some restrictions from a performance point of view from our end, our contact is all about his welfare to make sure that he’s in good nick, mentally I’m talking, and he’s doing some work away from the footy club and away from footy that is really proactive that potentially makes him better for the experience, that’s really what we’re after.’’

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107