Ruck Training

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

Re: Ruck Training

Must have been at different games.

A couple of times, early in the first quarter, he took a good mark - but that was the end of it and he did not get under the guard again.

May have exhibited the skills you speak to in the VFL, but not at AFL level from my obversations.

We have always craved that "3rd forward" to bring versatility and performance but the simple fact is that, post AH we have not had such a player.

How many have we recruited to replicate what AH gave us after coming from Carlton - and they have all failed.

I thought our forward line functioned better in 2015 because of Bruce and his size and energy including defensively - and the contributions of Mc Cartin v Melbourne particularly, Lonie with his endeavor which we trust leads to significant performances this year and Billings until he was injured.

If we can add the likes of Acres and Freeman to our mid-field options we will have a raft of players who will add potency to our attack because only 4 can sit on the bench at any one time - so the likes of Riewoldt, Billings, Freeman, Acres, Gilbert, Steven, Armitage will add to the expected further development of Lonie.

These players you can see in our attack during any game - along with Bruce and Mc Cartin - and Hickey periodically.

The options for Membrey will continue to contract if the above named all perform as we hope they do.

And we hope thay do because they are the future (allowing Roo and Gilbert!).

Gershwin
Club Player

I might just get back to the original question I asked.

Has any one who goes to training noticed whether Bruce does any hit-out training. Did he ruck at all in the practice match?

summertime and the living is easy ........
ripplug66
Club Player

Gershwin wrote:I might just get back to the original question I asked.

Has any one who goes to training noticed whether Bruce does any hit-out training. Did he ruck at all in the practice match?

No in the practice match but we had 3 ruckmen on the ground.