It's only the pre-season BUT......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kernal75
Club Player

It's only the pre-season BUT......

Time for a vent.......GO!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: It's only the pre-season BUT......

Devastated.

I thought we were finalists.

Sadly after today bottom 4.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:Time for a vent.......GO!!
It's Lent.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I knew would have a long year..no surprises for me....all we can hope for is massive improvement from the youngens...Our best talent, the oldies will be gone soon.

BadRossco
Club Player

Too short, too slow, two wins

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

BadRossco wrote:Too short, too slow, two wins
Sadly you raise a couple of perceptive points. They looked bigger, faster and much more composed

Playon
Club Player

I thought our decision making was ordinary, which we didnt have the skills to compensate for. So in effect I think we put ourselves under more pressure than Melbourne did. That doesnt mean that our skill level wasn't down as well. at times we were playing with a hot potato. Our kicking in.. Roberton what were you thinking, actually there's too many to name.

Having said that, its only a practice game and we certainly didnt look any better this time last year, too early to tell yet

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

should have so eclose, exciting games againts essendon a least?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Slow is an issue

Apples
Club Player

Skill level deplorable, decision making just as bad, still have too many players on our list that would struggle to get a game at other clubs. I can only hope that when we play the Dees in the season proper the coach plays somebody on Watts, that's 3 games in sucession we have not bothered to play somebody on him, he just runs around all day by himself, Richardson obviously doesn't rate him but to be fair he can use it when he gets it.

Positives? Holmes rucked well in the second half against strong opposition and Gresham looked a footballer and Billings showed his obviously class. Seb Ross got it enought but his disposal has'nt improved. Membry was useless and Weller and Dempster had games to forget.

All in all, not a lot to get excited about but to put it in context it was only a practice match and I can only hope we can move it up a gear or two in the seasom proper.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Why did we play a cancer patient today - crazy
Why are we recruiting midgets
The cross jumper looks s*** and is cursed - we haven't won a game in it
Our recruiting lately has been atrocious - none of McCartin, Dmac, White, Rice, Coughlan, NOK, Templeton, Sinclair or Carlisle were in our firsts today
Billings can only play a quarter of good footy (but what a quarter!)
There are serious questions around the ability and decision making of Ross, Newnes, Weller, Savage, Webster, Wright and Hickey
Why do we do such risky inboard kicks so often - is this some sort of weird suck-them-in tactic
If Tom Lee played today he would have shut down Hogan and probably kicked 5 sausage rolls
Acres is a big guy and needs to get his tank up
ARmo is the new Luke Ball with head-bandages
Wright is genuinely working on getting killed out there
Richo has no tactics - would Watters come back if he was allowed to say juggernaut whenever he wanted
We should have recruited Petracca
WE should have recruited Hogan - somehow we surely could have traded up our pick that year - short sighted thinking
We never should have recruited Carlisle
Demons supporters thought that was a grand final - they are so starved for success bless them
Was our policy to develop ruckmen who have only one skill - ah you can do it all can you, sorry we'll pass on you. Oh you can tap but can't actually get the footy around the ground. Perfect - welcome aboard
Losing a practice game is a flat out disaster that has completely derailed our season
Its encouraging that our new brilliant draftee who supposedly we would have taken at pick 5 drops a sitter mark
We are officially the new Melbourne - a basket case
Its a brilliant idea to charge $20 to a see a meaningless game and get a tiny crowd. Sure you could charge $5 or even free, get a healthy crowd who enjoy footy with their kids and grow the game but why do that
Did we recruit Membrey purely to meet our Sydney-to-St Kilda trade agreement requirements - I'm struggling to work out why he's out there otherwise
When we were short a key forward with Paddy missing, it was a great idea to make sure Rooey didn't play forward and risk him scoring those pesky goals he is renown for
CAn't our players do a course on "decision making and developing skills " even just a basic course
We need to do a rebuild - give up on 2020 and aim for 2030
AND THE UMPIRES WERE s***

Whew - I feel better :D

saint-stu
Club Player

I really wanted to think that our rebuild would be better than Melbourne's but on paper they're better, and now they can beat us on field.

1ac46a38
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Richo in his members email (are you a member Bluth?) blamed the farce of last week as being a factor for the boys being rusty.

So on behalf of our club, F*** YOU AFL FOR IDIOTIC SCHEDULING OF A GAME IN NORTH QLD!

feels better.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

The game was what is was
I was happy with the team . Seeing that we got stuffed around last week and with the way melbourne has played in their other games, I was expecting a six goal loss.
we were pretty good in the first quarter, missed some easy chances and they got two charity 50 metre penalty goals .
We could /should have been four or five goals up at quarter time .after that we were outplayed but we kept trying.

What pissed me off the most was crappy umpiring. Descisions to both sides left me frustrated at times
$5.60 for a coke !
Thanks Gilligan for working hard to keep those prices down
East carpark at docklands.
I get stuffed around when i drive and stuffed around when I catch the train
Perhaps I should buy a boat

Glad i could get into the game on my membership

In red white and black from 73
saint-stu
Club Player

Is it just me or does Leigh Fisher hate the saints now?

1ac46a38
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Our skills were sublime

You are garbage - Enough said
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We did delist Leigh at 25

Having said that, we kept him and Ferg 3 yrs longer than we should of

stkfc1
Club Player

Take a breath folks. 1/3 of the teams first hit out of the year. We only lost by 3 goals proper and we missed some easy opportunities. Few of our senior players were quiet and will be better for the run. Melbourne are no longer the easy beats so expect them to have a good year. I suspect it will take a few games to get going this year, might even cop a blow out in the first few rounds, but by round 5-6 we'll start putting it together. We are two years away from being a force. Enjoy the ride in the meantime.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote:Take a breath folks. 1/3 of the teams first hit out of the year. We only lost by 3 goals proper and we missed some easy opportunities. Few of our senior players were quiet and will be better for the run. Melbourne are no longer the easy beats so expect them to have a good year. I suspect it will take a few games to get going this year, might even cop a blow out in the first few rounds, but by round 5-6 we'll start putting it together. We are two years away from being a force. Enjoy the ride in the meantime.
WTF you talking bout. Take off your rose-coloured glasses for crying out loud. Rooey's torn his calf off the bone, may never play his 300th, McCartin had done his hammy, Freeman barely has a hammy left, Carlisle is snorting god knows what with this builder mates while he prepares to sue the club, Sinclair is done and dusted, Templeton did a Samson and lost his power after he cut his dreads off, Goddard collapses when exposed to sun, Armo has brain damage, Webster's hand dropped off, Fisher, Dempster and Joey have aged dementia, Longer only has one shoulder left, there is a glandular fever outbreak deluging the club (the players may even turn into zombies), Richo's youtube message only got 5 likes, Dare Ice Coffee tastes s*** and Etihad stadium may be bulldozed halfway through this year.

All we have left is Billings. He is our last hope. :cry:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
stkfc1 wrote:Take a breath folks. 1/3 of the teams first hit out of the year. We only lost by 3 goals proper and we missed some easy opportunities. Few of our senior players were quiet and will be better for the run. Melbourne are no longer the easy beats so expect them to have a good year. I suspect it will take a few games to get going this year, might even cop a blow out in the first few rounds, but by round 5-6 we'll start putting it together. We are two years away from being a force. Enjoy the ride in the meantime.
WTF you talking bout. Take off your rose-coloured glasses for crying out loud. Rooey's torn his calf off the bone, may never play his 300th, McCartin had done his hammy, Freeman barely has a hammy left, Carlisle is snorting god knows what with this builder mates while he prepares to sue the club, Sinclair is done and dusted, Templeton did a Samson and lost his power after he cut his dreads off, Goddard collapses when exposed to sun, Armo has brain damage, Webster's hand dropped off, Fisher, Dempster and Joey have aged dementia, Longer only has one shoulder left, there is a glandular fever outbreak deluging the club (the players may even turn into zombies), Richo's youtube message only got 5 likes, Dare Ice Coffee tastes s*** and Etihad stadium may be bulldozed halfway through this year.

Don't say that, last year the weight of all that hope and expectation gave Billings shin splints.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Bluthy wrote:

And here I was thinking we were in trouble.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Stan had no plan B in 97.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Kernal75
Club Player

We have a lot of passengers on our list. Some of those are a product of the Pelican era of multiple players for picks but I think it's a defining year for the following players;

Tom Lee
Tom Curren
Darren Minchington
Nathan Wright
Luke Delaney
Lewis Pearce
Eli Templeton

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

After yesterday you can add Hickey and Membrey to that list!

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

There's probably 8 players I could name that'd struggle to get a game in any top 8 side. What concerns me is when you see a player like Gresham come in and you think yep... he looks like he's got what it takes at this level of footy and then there's others that are years into their AFL career and you're still in the outer wondering gees... Can they stand up at this level...? The pace just looks too much for them. That worries me with several players.

And some decisions with the ball sometimes in the forward third.... MY GOD... JUST GO AND KICK THE F*&KING GOAL... Stop over-thinking it! OH and bringing the ball out of defensive 50... I just close my eyes. The guys will probably cough up 5 goals a game not being able to get it out of the back third. The horrific errors were pretty much the margin yesterday.

ANYWAY, they'll be better for the gallop.