Ins and outs vs Pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Recruit
Club Player

Ins and outs vs Pies

Not started yet so thought I would

Out Gilbert In Membry
Out Gresham. In. Acres

If Newnes goes for a week Minshington should get a run also

Apart from that have to keep rolling with the young kids....not many other options.....
Unless Farren and Schnider want another run?

coopergrech
Club Player

Re: Ins and outs vs Pies

In: ACRES, MINCHINGTON, Membrey, Lee & Templeton

Out: McCartin, Sinclair, Dunstan, Gilbert & Gresham (All dropped)

Acres should never have been dropped in the first place!
As for Meatball, what does he have to do to get in, 44 touches and 4 goals last week and couldnt get in...stupid. and this week he kicks 5 goals. in the form of his life. and was dominat late last season in vfl and when he played the last 3 games of the season, espiecally against Geelong. if he doesnt get picked this week, he should request a trade elsewhere, because he can play way better then the 5 listed above!

All those outs i listed were absolutely terrible last night and deserve to be dropped...but they wont drop them all..but they should be!

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Out: Gresham

In: Minchington or Templeton

Surely Gilbert can't play another game like like night's, and he's one of our few quickish players.

Dunstan had better get amongst it soon. Hanging on by a thread at the moment

McCartin...hmm..well..I'd be inclined to play him again. if they've decided to give him game time for him to develop, then give him at least 4 in a row.

We were lose to full strength last night. There really aren't many options left that would make any significant difference

Saint_J
Club Player

why the Sam G hate he was ok in patches last night?

The_President
Club Player

coopergrech wrote:In: ACRES, MINCHINGTON, Membrey, Lee & Templeton

As for Meatball, what does he have to do to get in, 44 touches and 4 goals last week and couldnt get in...stupid. and this week he kicks 5 goals. in the form of his life. and was dominat late last season in vfl and when he played the last 3 games of the season, espiecally against Geelong. if he doesnt get picked this week, he should request a trade elsewhere, because he can play way better then the 5 listed above!

All those outs i listed were absolutely terrible last night and deserve to be dropped...but they wont drop them all..but they should be!

I respect your opinion, but I'd humbly like to point out that you have absolutely no clue.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

coopergrech wrote:In: ACRES, MINCHINGTON, Membrey, Lee & Templeton

saaaawing the changes tiger.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
#gosaintas
Club Player

Wasn't far off our best team so I'd give them another go

Out - Geary
In - Lee

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Does Dempster ever get injured? Sometimes I wonder if Tom Lee wouldnt mind putting a banana peel in the shower because Dempster is ensuring that Tom Lee never gets an opportunity to play as a defender in the AFL.

Anyway McKenzie has to come in imo. We need dare and dash off half back and Gilbert and Savage are simply not providing it. Geary and Roberton simply too slow.

Is this a thread about what we would do or what we think they will actually do? It is never clear in the OP.

What I would do:

Out: Geary, Dunstan, Gresham, Sinclair, Gilbert
In: McKenzie, Minch, Lee, Acres, Membrey

What they will probably do:
No change
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 04 Apr 2016 3:29pm, edited 4 times in total.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Out
Gresham, have a spell and come back when form warrants it
Geary, Richo could make a stand here regards ball use (but won't)
Dunstan, let him knock the door down with strong sustained VFL form (same reason I don't have Acres in)

In
Lee, good ball user. Speed through ball movement
Membrey, hit up forward who can take a strong mark and isn't small
Minchington, great kick killing it in VFL

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Out - Pessimism
In - Optimism and Acres :D

Con Gorozidis wrote:Does Dempster ever get injured? Sometimes I wonder if Tom Lee wouldnt mind putting a banana peel in the shower because Dempster is ensuring that Tom Lee never gets an opportunity to play as a defender in the AFL.

Anyway McKenzie has to come in imo. We need dare and dash off half back and Gilbert and Savage are simply not providing it.
Hard for Gilbo to supply dash out of defence when he played the entire game either in the midfield or half forward and Savage was one of our few defenders to actually hit a target coming out of defensive 50, he had 22 disposal at 90% efficiency.

My outs would be Gresham, Sinclair, Dustan
Ins: Acres, Meatball, TC

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Does Dempster ever get injured? Sometimes I wonder if Tom Lee wouldnt mind putting a banana peel in the shower because Dempster is ensuring that Tom Lee never gets an opportunity to play as a defender in the AFL.

Anyway McKenzie has to come in imo. We need dare and dash off half back and Gilbert and Savage are simply not providing it.
Hard for Gilbo to supply dash out of defence when he played the entire game either in the midfield or half forward and Savage was one of our few defenders to actually hit a target coming out of defensive 50, he had 22 disposal at 90% efficiency.

So Gilbert was a midfielder and got 7 disposals? But you think he went ok?
And Savage hit targets because he played so conservatively - he went backwards every single time he got it. Did you watch the game?

You are defending the indefensible. I know people are one eyed and all of that but this is ridiculous.

The_President
Club Player

Anyway McKenzie has to come in imo. We need dare and dash off half back and Gilbert and Savage are simply not providing it. Geary and Roberton simply too slow.

Is this a thread about what we would do or what we think they will actually do? It is never clear in the OP.

What I would do:

In: McKenzie, Minch, Lee, Acres, Membrey or Goddard

No change

You want to take out 4 smalls and Gilbert and put in potentially 3 talls?

No doubt if I go back through some of your posts from the weekend, you would be saying we are too big and slow somewhere

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote:

What I would do:

No change

No doubt if I go back through some of your posts from the weekend, you would be saying we are too big and slow somewhere
Who are my three talls?

McKenzie - small
Minch - small
Lee - medium
Acres- medium
Membrey - medium

Out is four smalls and a medium. In is two smalls and three mediums.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 04 Apr 2016 3:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_President
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
The_President wrote:

What I would do:

No change

Who are my three talls? Reading comprehension not your strong point?

I say Goddard OR Membrey. That means potentially 0 talls.

McKenzie - small
Minch - small
Lee - medium
Acres- medium
Membrey - medium
Goddard - tall

That is 1 tall and maybe NO talls in.

Out is three smalls and a medium

And I think we are slightly small hence i go a bit taller but i also add pace off half back (McKenzie)

If you are going to take a pot - at least get your basic facts right.
You have Lee & Membrey in the same category as Acres?
A lead up forward and a Fullback? Comparing them to a midfielder?

The_President
Club Player

What I would do:

No change
Are you saying you hope Dempster gets injured?

The_President
Club Player

Con, for the most part I'm confused with what stance you're taking on Geary.

In the Geary thread you've posted these..
Con Gorozidis wrote:Saved us a couple of goals with his courage and timing running backwards. Battled like a true warrior. Probably cost us a couple of goals from poor kicks as well. All up he probably broke even.

Deserves his spot in our best 22 but I still find it bizarre we signed him up through 2018. By 2018 I really hope DMac and/or White & Rice are ahead of him.
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Geary will play until DMac or Rice are ready to take his spot. They might be a few years away. Certainly wont be this year and probably not next. 2018 I think Geary will lose his spot in the side. But that is 43 games he still has to play. That takes him beyond the 150 career game mark.
So after Geary "probably broke even" on the weekend, you think he should be dropped for McKenzie, even though McKenzie "might be a few years away"

Are you just posting for the sake of posting?

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

It's a shifting landscape AFL.
Con and anyone can change their minds

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

So Gilbert was a midfielder and got 7 disposals? But you think he went ok?
And Savage hit targets because he played so conservatively - he went backwards every single time he got it. Did you watch the game?

You are defending the indefensible. I know people are one eyed and all of that but this is ridiculous.
Tell me where I said Gilbert had a good game? I said he didn't play in the back half. Savage is one of about 4 players in our side who can kick and break lines so to drop him would be ridiculous. And, not that it matters, I have been a member for nearly 40 years and have missed maybe 20 games in that time.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Gresham has to go... Pbly for Minchington
Geary out for DMac (won't happen)
Gilbert/Dempster out for Lee (nothing against Dempster... More of a Balance thing)
Sinclair out for Acres

I don't want to drop Paddy but i need to find a way to bring Holmes in he's on notice. Hickey can rest up forward as a third tall

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote:Con, for the most part I'm confused with what stance you're taking on Geary.

Con Gorozidis wrote:Saved us a couple of goals with his courage and timing running backwards. Battled like a true warrior. Probably cost us a couple of goals from poor kicks as well. All up he probably broke even.

Deserves his spot in our best 22 but I still find it bizarre we signed him up through 2018. By 2018 I really hope DMac and/or White & Rice are ahead of him.
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Geary will play until DMac or Rice are ready to take his spot. They might be a few years away. Certainly wont be this year and probably not next. 2018 I think Geary will lose his spot in the side. But that is 43 games he still has to play. That takes him beyond the 150 career game mark.
So after Geary "probably broke even" on the weekend, you think he should be dropped for McKenzie, even though McKenzie "might be a few years away"

Sort of crap response one would expect from plugga.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote:Con, for the most part I'm confused with what stance you're taking on Geary.

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Nice piece of archiving - but get your facts straight. I dont think Geary broke even against the Dogs. I said he broke even against Port but was terrible against the Dogs. Yes. McKenzie probably isnt ready but either is Lonie, McCartin.

Geary's 7 crap disposals (mostly misdirected mongrel punts) is just not acceptable. I'd move Newnes to a lock down role and let McKenzie play as a free spirit.

On top of that, me saying 'a few years away' didn't mean I think he shouldnt play AFL at all for a few years. It meant I think he is a 'few years away' from being a fully fledged hardened senior player capable of playing 22 games + finals. McKenzie is almost 20. Old enough to play 10-12 games this year. This week seems as good a time as any to play one of those 10-12.

So no - despite your efforts, you havent 'caught me out' on any inconsistencies at all. Not even a good attempt frankly.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Out: Gresham, Dunstan, McCartin

In: Minch, Acres and Membry

saintbob
SS Life Member

Out: Gresham, Dunstan, McCartin

In: Minch, Acres and Membry

Scollop
Saintsational Legend