Negative Nellies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Negative Nellies

bbm wrote:Where are they now?
Que? First win since Rd 17 2015.
I remember the 80s when we celebrated each win like a Grand Final but I thought we had gone past those days. Am I wrong?
I wont be happy until we are winning over 50% of games and our % is back over 100.
I wont apologise either. IM not going back to the 80s. I hated the 80s. s*** time. s*** period. s*** decade.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I just want to win a flag.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bbm
Club Player

Yes you are wrong. bagging the s... out of all our players? reacting over the top to one loss. its a journey Con - it takes patience, belief and support.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Nothing like a win to put everything in perspective.
I wonder if the players were just stuffed from round 1, port played the same and turned it around as well.

The Recruit
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:You wont see them. Gutless wonders who take pot shots when we play poorly.

Alright to critisise but some the things posted during rhe week was appalling
100% agree with this

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:Where are they? Some of them need to admit they were wrong about Hickey, Dunstan, McCartin, oh and our lack of speed!
...and Gilbert...and Savage...the list goes on. Instead of improving on what we've got it's always better to boo hoo over other teams lists, our pasts lists, and all the talent at Sandy waiting to be unleashed that our selection committee and Richo had completely missed. :roll:

Thankfully the club has cooler heads, they ran effectively the same team out again to get it right this time. Quite likely we'll find it exceedingly tough next week, but for the sake of fine-tuning and development I hope there's minimal changes for the team against the Hawks.

Saint_J
Club Player

what i find strange on SS, we have a nightmare like last week this place is a hive of activity. We have a cracker of a win.. SS is a bout 50% quieter.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Great thread.
Who would've thought there would be neg comments on a footy forum after last weeks performance

Those who were missing last week stepped up
Dunstan especially
That's what he is capable of

Let's be honest, pies at full strength would've been a lot harder
But you can only beat who is put n front of you

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:Great thread.
Who would've thought there would be neg comments on a footy forum after last weeks performance

Those who were missing last week stepped up
Dunstan especially
That's what he is capable of

Let's be honest, pies at full strength would've been a lot harder
But you can only beat who is put n front of you
Critisism is fine and warranted after last weeks performance. However some of the personal attacks, especially on Geary was appalling. He is not my favorite player either but the infantile insults towards him and Gilbert was awful.

Notice the likes of citywest and gosaintas are nowhere to be seen when we have a courageous win.

As saint_J posted. Much quieter on here when we win. Reason being the troll accounts cant get their jollies.

So matrix, critisism is fine, hysterical abuse is beyond the pale IMO

Oh and if we didnt have three injuries we would have won by ten goals.

You are garbage - Enough said
To the top
SS Life Member

One win does not make a season.

I am one of those who look for the measure of a player when challenged - those who turn adversity to a positive because deep into finals action those are the players you want.

Anyone can become contributors when a side is playing well and winning, getting on the end of a chain of possessions - and the reason for the "under belly" that has cost us recent premierships is precisely that analysis.

There is absolutely no compromise - even in winning sides.

That said, the List we had last week is the List we had this week, so there has been no change.

We have beaten Collingwood, but, this early in the season and given the never ending "hype", exactly where do they sit in the competition "pecking order"?

I still maintain that we look to maximise on our experience being Riewoldt, Fisher, Montagna, Dempster and Gilbert.

We then look to the players we have sought to bring to the Club, Hickey, Longer, Bruce, Carlisle and Freeman.

We then look at out top 20 Draft Picks of recent years being Billings, Dunstan, Acres, McCartin and Goddard.

Then we have Armitage and Steven, who are proven.

To me, the remainder are in a "bun fight" to show they have what it takes - and their competition will include future Draft Picks, players traded in and Free Agency players attracted to the Club.

We have the foundations with the players named (because of how they have come to the Club).

The remainder have to show they are long term options - the players who will consistently take the St Kilda FC deep into successive finals series - because that is how you win premierships, by consistently challenging - and turning and improving your List because every team improved year on year.

Coming from where we come from, we have to improve more than most - and by significant degrees.

That is what our record says, regardless of beating Collingwood yesterday.

The journey never ends.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

re the context of that loss of ours to em
... win or lose this , the doggies are showing what a good side they are.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It's probably quieter due to school holidays coming to a close

Or

That some are content, and don't need to beat their chest.

I like positives to become the norm... And not celebrated like they were unexpected.
I like to highlight negatives as areas to improve and not acceptable

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

can I be negative after next weeks game ?

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:re the context of that loss of ours to em
... win or lose this , the doggies are showing what a good side they are.
yep, on the money WS

While we'll get done next week - I'll come away with a sense of "being on the right track" with a loss of 8 goals or under

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Personally i don't rate the Bulldogs... Too suspect under pressure.

Whilst they ran away with the game last week, they looked average in the few patches we were able to harass them, turned it over heaps, missed easy goals etc.
Should have won today vs the Hawks too.

I think they have an amazing midfield, but will struggle against those that can match them in this department.

Harass the Dogs and they choke

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If we are 3-3 after Rd 6 I will personally apologise to everyone I have offended (a few) and give $50 to a charity of the mods choice as penance for my general poor behaviour on here.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:can I be negative after next weeks game ?
No but if we lose to both GWS AND Melbourne it will be open season on here :D

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:If we are 3-3 after Rd 6 I will personally apologise to everyone I have offended (a few) and give $50 to a charity of the mods choice as penance for my general poor behaviour on here.
Awesome. The Shane Warne Foundation would be my choice....hang on a minute....

stevie
Saintsational Legend

sick of hearing about an 'depleted' Pies side. swan is gonna be out for a few months so you can't keep mentioning him each week. sidebottom in would'nt have made much difference (why was he interviewed on tv at one break? He's suspended so treat him as such - ridiculous). The commentators even mentioned Ramsey as an out! LOL

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:So matrix, critisism is fine, hysterical abuse is beyond the pale IMO

Oh and if we didnt have three injuries we would have won by ten goals.
Absolutely +1

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

You know folks, the loss against the Dogs was AWFUL, but the news I got on Thursday morning was FAR worse! We lost one of our dearest pals, and an absolute legend of a barracker for the club! I can put up with a loss on the paddock; because we always get another shot the following week. This loss is one that truly leaves me feeling devastated. The club won one for Eastern on Saturday. Tom never had a negative word to say about the club, and at a time when a person could be excused for adopting the position of "keeping a low profile" Eastern instead organised our Members march around the Dome we call home. Hey, being a "nervous nellie" or a "pessimist" (for mine ) isn't yet a capital offence, I simply choose, right now, to be inspired by the example of my dear pal Eastern!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Good on you Jiggster. And bloody sorry I missed you on the radio!

Always loyal
KingSaint
Club Player

I am not so foolish to suggest one win...yes, even a win over Collingwood, is a turning point in our fortunes. I think I understand where our list is at and that we will have good days and bad days. But what I absolutely detest is the personal attack on particular players...like that player has gone out of their way to ruin the weekend of the particular poster.

I am quite sure that every single player who runs out to represent the St Klda FC goes out there and tries their hardest. Surely as members and supporters, the least we could do is acknowledge their efforts...yes, even when they have had a bad day.

And yes I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion and all that cr&p, but I have to say the "it's just my opinion" excuse for the personal abuse of players and/or coaching staff is the defence of the simple minded in our community.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

KingSaint wrote:I am not so foolish to suggest one win...yes, even a win over Collingwood, is a turning point in our fortunes. I think I understand where our list is at and that we will have good days and bad days. But what I absolutely detest is the personal attack on particular players...like that player has gone out of their way to ruin the weekend of the particular poster.

I am quite sure that every single player who runs out to represent the St Klda FC goes out there and tries their hardest. Surely as members and supporters, the least we could do is acknowledge their efforts...yes, even when they have had a bad day.

And yes I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion and all that cr&p, but I have to say the "it's just my opinion" excuse for the personal abuse of players and/or coaching staff is the defence of the simple minded in our community.

You may have a point.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

KingSaint wrote:I am not so foolish to suggest one win...yes, even a win over Collingwood, is a turning point in our fortunes. I think I understand where our list is at and that we will have good days and bad days. But what I absolutely detest is the personal attack on particular players...like that player has gone out of their way to ruin the weekend of the particular poster.

Good post KS. I do though, think there is room for fair criticism and assessment of players' efforts.