Freeman Again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Freeman Again

kp83 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:He should have played for Sandy seniors last week. They should have kept up any game time he could get after that initial big possie game for the Sandy seconds. They put him on ice and now they've put the ice on him.
This makes no sense.
I meant it as just keep playing as many games as possible so he might get over having to be aware of it in the first place.

Anyway, I thought it was only a 1-2 week thing.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Must be a pelvic or low back related issue there, seems to be a very delicate condition.

Nee!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:It's basically just tight. Obviously he just wants it to be right so any tightness he wants to be cautious about it. Nothing unexpected. You don't do multiple laps at reasonable pace ( as he did this morning at Seaford ) if hes re injured it again. He'll get there.
Untrue.

On March 4 Alan Richardson said NF was 5-6 weeks away
Senior coach Alan Richardson said Freeman was five to six weeks away, adamant he would overcome two years of continual injury.

Football boss Jamie Cox said Freeman was finally back in full training with no setbacks since pulling sore in December.

He said St Kilda wanted to eradicate his hamstring concerns forever rather than constantly deal with recurring issues.

“He trained virtually fully yesterday (Thursday) and we had a pretty competitive day and he was on the track for a fair bit of it if not all of it,’’ he said.
Now the claim is oh yeah we knew all along he wouldn't play this year. You have absolutely no idea and I will bet my house that you have no medical or scientific qualification at all.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/n ... 5558db1561
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 29 Apr 2016 7:20pm, edited 3 times in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Looking for cliches such as 'I am backing in the Saints medical staff' etc.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-29/s ... -this-year

Seriously - I sincerely appreciate tony74's input and he clearly has lots of good information - but don't piss on us and tell us it is raining.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Not looking good. don't buy damaged goods unless they're dirt cheap and you know you can fix them.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:It's basically just tight. Obviously he just wants it to be right so any tightness he wants to be cautious about it. Nothing unexpected. You don't do multiple laps at reasonable pace ( as he did this morning at Seaford ) if hes re injured it again. He'll get there.
Which part was wrong Con? He trained yesterday and trained at Moorabbin this morning.
As I said, he'll get there.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Untrue.

On March 4 Alan Richardson said NF was 5-6 weeks away
Senior coach Alan Richardson said Freeman was five to six weeks away, adamant he would overcome two years of continual injury.

Football boss Jamie Cox said Freeman was finally back in full training with no setbacks since pulling sore in December.

He said St Kilda wanted to eradicate his hamstring concerns forever rather than constantly deal with recurring issues.

“He trained virtually fully yesterday (Thursday) and we had a pretty competitive day and he was on the track for a fair bit of it if not all of it,’’ he said.
I like that they want to eradicate his hamstring problem forever.
We don't need another history like that of the Clarke brothers.
They never sorted out their problems but the burning question is can it be done.

Now the claim is oh yeah we knew all along he wouldn't play this year. You have absolutely no idea and I will bet my house that you have no medical or scientific qualification at all.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/n ... 5558db1561

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Playon
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Looking for cliches such as 'I am backing in the Saints medical staff' etc.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-29/s ... -this-year

Seriously - I sincerely appreciate tony74's input and he clearly has lots of good information - but don't piss on us and tell us it is raining.
In my best Richo impersonation

Look Con, Nathan Freeman May not play senior footy this year.
He will return to play in the reserves only when ready.
By the end of the year, I want him to be ready to go next year
This year was all about bullet-proofing his body so he’ll have a long and successful career for us
He was a player with two years of hamstring issues. He’s going to take a while, and that’s proven to be the case

In other words were not going to risk him and if hes 100% fit by I guess round 18 we still wont risk it
He's a prospect for next year it seems and sounds very unlikely to play seniors this year

Training isn't quite the same as playing in the seniors by some margin, I was hoping to see him by round 15 but now I doubt it

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Seeing our highly priced new recruits from 2015 sitting in the stands all season is quite depressing.

8856brother wrote:Seeing our highly priced new recruits from 2015 sitting in the stands all season is quite depressing.
I agree and seeing us not mix up our list isnt great either

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Seeing our highly priced new recruits from 2015 sitting in the stands all season is quite depressing.
Though should delight the tankers....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Another recruiting master-stroke!

Maister, Milera, Saad,Carlisle, Freeman and the Hyphen whose name escapes me.
Hope recruiters aren't getting paid on performance as their kids would starve!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Though should delight the tankers....
I'm torn.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

IF by the end of 2017 both Freeman and Carlisle are spuds or aren't on the park then yes we have rooted it up very badly.

I hate being so patient, but we have no choice

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Another recruiting master-stroke!

Maister, Milera, Saad,Carlisle, Freeman and the Hyphen whose name escapes me.
Hope recruiters aren't getting paid on performance as their kids would starve!

Dennis-Lane

and this is why we need Lee, Hickey and Longer to all be successful. Carlisle will be great, and we'll keep him for an extra season at the back end anyway. I am worried about Freeman, but hope he is right for round 1, 2017.

If we finish bottom three or four it is a matter of some urgency that we get that first pick right. Watching North last night highlighted why good recruiting is paramount.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood would be dead- set giggling at us.
First they get Luke Ball for nothing then we give them a high pick for this bloke!

Not really just Collingwood either, try these on for size>
Essendon got Gwilt and Goddard gave Carlisle and Lovett.
North got DAl Santo gave a reserves backman and Alistair? Smith.
Please don't mention Savage as a win for us without mentioning Big Boy, Joel Smith and Spider not to mention R Greene and Stewie Trott.

Just wondering is there a club out there that we have appositive trading history with?

aaron82
Club Player

Some of our work with Richmond in recent times has been atrocious. How about these gems, Robert Powell, Danny Ryan, Aaron Fiora, Dean Polo, Adam Pattison. Picking up discards from other clubs rarely does you any good. Generally they have flaws and there is a reason clubs try and offload them.

When it comes to trade time clubs must come with a list of spuds they want to offload and first stop would be our table as they'd know fair chance we'd be stupid enough to take the bait and not only that cough up overs

and that's the bottom line
Sobraz
SS Life Member

whiskers3614 wrote:Collingwood would be dead- set giggling at us.
First they get Luke Ball for nothing then we give them a high pick for this bloke!

Please don't mention Savage as a win for us without mentioning Big Boy, Joel Smith and Spider not to mention R Greene and Stewie Trott.

Just wondering is there a club out there that we have appositive trading history with?
Geez you're going back a fair way.

In which case it'd only be fair to include names like Gehrig, Hamill, Scnides & Dempster, M. Gardiner and more recently Josh Bruce as big wins in trades that we clearly came out the victor.

It really can be slanted either which way, but don't let facts get the way of your negative narrative.

Fwiw I believe Carlisle will be right up there with GTrain as a massive bargain. Will star with us at chb for 7+ years while Gresh becomes a midfield maestro..

Full faith that Freeman will make it.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

We wouldn't have got Freeman if he didn't have issues. He was probably unlikely to play seniors this year anyway. It's all about 2017.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

B: S.Wakelin - D.Wakelin - D.Rice
HB: J.Smith - V.Perovic - G.McAdam
C: B.Goddard - I Stewart - R.Greene
HF: M.Lappin - B.Hall - S.Trott
F: P.Everitt - T.Lockett - A.Davis
Foll: C. Ditterich - N.Dal Santo - L.Ball
Int: A. Fletcher - M.Carr - N.Winmar - B.McEvoy - G.Elliott - D.Kickett

Emerg
G.Thomas - J. McLaren - R.Stanley - M.Maguire - J.Danyels - J.Shanahan

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

No doubt this is spin by the club. Whilst they have been consistent with the 'we need to bullet proof him before he plays' having our two prized recruits not play a single game in 2016 is damn right embarrassing.

#1 Ryder fan
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

You believe Carlisle will be as good a G

So far
Cocaine use
Knee tendinitis
Hip operation
Suspension
Not training

He'd need to make big inroads if he's going to be a dual Coleman medallist, RU best and fairest, All Aistralian

So far he's been an All Australian.... Hang on, no he hasn't ... That just keeps getting mentioned when his name is bought up... People obviously were sucked in by that filthy car salesman Dodoro who suggested that crap.
He like Lovett has played some great games, but hasn't consistently been an a grade performer ... What you expect from a frdp trade. He has a poor attitude and needs to mature.

Gehrig was an ACTUAL all Australian 1997 when we recruited him for pick 18

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:We wouldn't have got Freeman if he didn't have issues. He was probably unlikely to play seniors this year anyway. It's all about 2017.
That's exactly what I said at the start of the year - a conservative, common sense approach says you let him play VFL for most if not all the year. Then let him do another preseason and he'll be ready to launch his AFL career. If he is still having issues next year then we can start to ratchet up the panic. #chilloutaboutfreezer

By the way Richo isn't really accurately quoted. He doesn't rule out Freeman playing AFL this year like the clickbait headline said, he just says he wants Freeman to right for next year.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Maybe you could get an ideal of how all these deals actually went before slagging off at the club.

And if you're going to mention Dal Santo, you should mention we picked him up with the pick we got for Barry Hall and they you should mention that we got Barry Hall with the pick we got for Craig Devonport who played one game for Carlton.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:

Maybe you could get an ideal of how all these deals actually went before slagging off at the club.

And if you're going to mention Dal Santo, you should mention we picked him up with the pick we got for Barry Hall and they you should mention that we got Barry Hall with the pick we got for Craig Devonport who played one game for Carlton.
Not talking about the details of the individual deals but the overall trading situation vs each other club.
Maybe someone could enlighten me as to the clubs we have gotten the better of on the last 40years!