Petracca

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Petracca

Brayshaw also old draftee. 20y 4 months v Acres 20y 7 months.

Acres > Brayshaw.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Looks like the Tractor isn't prestige quite yet.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:Geesus the Petracca love on TV is nauseating. He had one good kick and the rest he's turned over. To paraphrase Tim Watson, "Everything he does is perfect". Clearly watching a different match.
this.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Just the media stroking their own egos, they are all looking for that "I told you so" moment. Basil was especially nauseating today.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Griggsy"]Just the media stroking their own egos, they are all looking for that "I told you so" moment. Basil was especially nauseating today
I thought he was complimentary to St Kilda

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="magnifisaint"][quote="Griggsy"]Just the media stroking their own egos, they are all looking for that "I told you so" moment. Basil was especially nauseating today
I thought he was complimentary to St Kilda[/quote]

And now the article "these guys didn't want you" has been taken off the AFL app. The media and who ever put their name to that headline have put the truck in reverse and backed up. They wanted a I told you so moment and to lay the boots in to the saints for picking McCartin. Weak media weak

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Griggsy wrote:Just the media stroking their own egos, they are all looking for that "I told you so" moment. Basil was especially nauseating today

And now the article "these guys didn't want you" has been taken off the AFL app. The media and who ever put their name to that headline have put the truck in reverse and backed up. They wanted a I told you so moment and to lay the boots in to the saints for picking McCartin. Weak media weak
That responsible organisation the AFL should've been congratulating us for ignoring the media hype and selecting the kid who has had to battle diabetes!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Goose is king wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Griggsy wrote:Just the media stroking their own egos, they are all looking for that "I told you so" moment. Basil was especially nauseating today

That responsible organisation the AFL should've been congratulating us for ignoring the media hype and selecting the kid who has had to battle diabetes!
ad we know that won't happen

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Since they removed the headline from the AFL app does anyone know who wrote it?

older saint
SS Life Member

He will be a very good player

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

It was 'This MOB Didn't Want You'...all class. The club ought to give them a wrap over the knuckles for such openly one-sided, cheap article like that on the AFL's own website.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Goose is king wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

It was 'This MOB Didn't Want You'...all class. The club ought to give them a wrap over the knuckles for such openly one-sided, cheap article like that on the AFL's own website.
Agree. This was an inflammatory, ridiculous and biased article. Since when does picking a player in the draft mean you dont want the next player picked? We didnt see an article on De Goey when Collingwood played Melbourne saying THIS MOB DIDNT WANT YOU JORDAN.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sat 30 Apr 2016 8:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="Con Gorozidis"][quote="degruch"][quote="Goose is king"][quote="magnifisaint"][quote="Griggsy"]Just the media stroking their own egos, they are all looking for that "I told you so" moment. Basil was especially nauseating today
I thought he was complimentary to St Kilda[/quote]

And now the article "these guys didn't want you" has been taken off the AFL app. The media and who ever put their name to that headline have put the truck in reverse and backed up. They wanted a I told you so moment and to lay the boots in to the saints for picking McCartin. Weak media weak[/quote][/quote]

It was 'This MOB Didn't Want You'...all class. The club ought to give them a wrap over the knuckles for such openly one-sided, cheap article like that on the AFL's own website.[/quote]

Agree. This was an inflammatory ridiculous and biased article. Since when does picking a player in the draft mean you dont want the next player picked? We didnt see an article on De Goey when Collingwood played Melbourne saying THIS MOB DIDNT WANT YOU JORDAN.[/quote]

And then to remove it once things didn't pan out for them. Weak

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
degruch wrote:
Goose is king wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

Agree. This was an inflammatory, ridiculous and biased article. Since when does picking a player in the draft mean you dont want the next player picked? We didnt see an article on De Goey when Collingwood played Melbourne saying THIS MOB DIDNT WANT YOU JORDAN.

Saints should lodge an official complaint. The AFL website isnt Bigfooty. Stupid headline and graphic.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Goose is king wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
degruch wrote:
Goose is king wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

Saints should lodge an official complaint. The AFL website isnt Bigfooty. Stupid headline and graphic.
At least the idiot who put that up should have his arse kicked severely

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Well Paddy has taken a couple of strong marks in a game where we almost got over the line, but other than he hasn't really shown me much, and played from behind and put little pressure on his opponent against the GWS. I've seen a lot of fringe players take a couple of big marks over the years, but never did much else. Our midfield is has been desperately in need of class players for a few years, and I wonder why the club did not put all it's efforts into this problem area?
The mere fact GWS devoted 2 to McCartin most times we went forward, and he was able to compete, not get outmarked, and generally keep the pill alive, suggests a) the opposition rate him and b) he can actually compete.

Who cares about a 1 and 2 comparison? It really is pointless, unless you earn your stipend by talking meaningless nonsense - and there really are an awful lot who do.

Paddy will be fine - I don't care about Petracca.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Christian was OK

Nothing startling

But like Paddy... Doesn't have to star from day 1

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Best Melbourne debut since Jack Watts

You are garbage - Enough said
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Got a hugh jarse on him

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote: Paddy will be fine - I don't care about Petracca.
EXACTLY!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Got a hugh jarse on him
You've been watching too much Benny Hill Show on YouTube!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

He was pretty good. Hopefully the hype will fade a bit, and he can get on with it. I don't think we need to hate on the kid to prove we did the right thing.
I'm very happy with Paddy.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:He was pretty good. Hopefully the hype will fade a bit, and he can get on with it. I don't think we need to hate on the kid to prove we did the right thing.
I'm very happy with Paddy.
Yeah, he was a top 3 pick. Naturally he's gonna be good; real good.

But there's no need for us to get paranoid about it - we picked the kid we wanted to pick.

The Recruit
Club Player

Needs to loose 5kg if he wants to dominate midfield. Slow around the packs. Not a natural footballer but skilful...Bradshaw will be better long term IMO, Good player though...but...Billings is better...

realdeal
Club Player

Goose is king wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
degruch wrote:
Goose is king wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

Agree. This was an inflammatory ridiculous and biased article. Since when does picking a player in the draft mean you dont want the next player picked? We didnt see an article on De Goey when Collingwood played Melbourne saying THIS MOB DIDNT WANT YOU JORDAN.

Link?