Riewoldt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Riewoldt

Gutter scum newspaper.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="perfectionist"][quote="Johnny Member"]My mail is that his disrespect to others at the club isn't an isolated incident.

Not overly popular I've heard, unless you're in his clique.

Any truth to this?[/quote]
Well, he's never spoken to me so there must be.

The Herald Sun was just doing their job - that is, being gutter scum.

The issue here is what was "agreed" before the game. Any after match on field activities must be thoroughly discussed before the game, not after it. There can be contingencies for particular results. I guess there would have been great celebrations had we won on the last kick of the day. Winning easy, even if not easily enough, does not lead itself to spontaneity. If the club employee was suggesting something that hadn't been discussed before the game, then the club is at fault, maybe including her. If Nick had been informed and changed his mind then he is at fault. And I guess there are a range of in-between possibilities. The issue regarding swearing is BS. Just part of the never ending sanctimonious hypocrisy that currently infects our society. Which bring us back to the Herald Sun.[/quote]

Are you for real? After every win the players would know they must acknowledge the fans in attendance.
Contingencies for particular results? Piss off. Win = acknowledge fans, loose = head to the change rooms.
I'm with Roo, Sunday was not a great day for the saints but
10 goals between Bruce, Membrey and McCartin. Tick
Heaps of touches for Ross and Jack S. Tick
And 4 points is enough of a reason to acknowledge those who went out of their way to attend.
Roo has said sorry, he is everything that makes me proud to be a saints fan. I absolutely accept that as we all get angry when things don't go our way with things we are passionate about.
He is a great family man, loyal to a fault, my favourite ever Saint but he acted out of line.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Apparently he spent an hour with the Tassie fans after the game.
He was angry and wanted the team to get in the rooms, and she was doing her job.
I don't know if she was overstepping her authoruty, or who was wrong.
The club sorted it internally so it's fine.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel, aren't they?

Page 1 and page 3 of the paper? FFS. It's not like there's an election or anything else newsworthy to report ... :roll:

I would have thought Roo had enough credits in the PR bank to see this one to the bottom of the bin where it belongs. Was the Chief Football writer at the pub again when they made the call?
Does anyone think a Collingwood or Hawthorn captain would get this much scrutiny?? The PR/favours machine would be in overdrive so that something like this wouldn't see the light of day.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Lucky he was only swearing and not drink driving, ay?

ctqs
Club Player

I haven't bought a copy of that paper for years and refuse to pay for online subscription.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Scoop
Club Player

ctqs wrote:I haven't bought a copy of that paper for years and refuse to pay for online subscription.
Ditto...

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Scoop
Club Player

ctqs wrote:I haven't bought a copy of that paper for years and refuse to pay for online subscription.
Ditto...

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Still bemuses me that in this day and age papers are still read. I understand for old people who don't have the Net but why would you want to read news that is hours old, and in the case of international news, prolly 24 hours old?

And thats without the fact of most of the news papers being full of absolute garbage anyway!

freely
SS Hall of Fame

stevie wrote:Still bemuses me that in this day and age papers are still read. I understand for old people who don't have the Net but why would you want to read news that is hours old, and in the case of international news, prolly 24 hours old?

And thats without the fact of most of the news papers being full of absolute garbage anyway!
Yeah - no garbage on the internet thank goodness.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

freely wrote:Unfortunately, he has a bit of form in this area. Without wishing to unleash a torrent of vitriole (because personally, I think she had a point) Kim Duthie's original complaint before releasing the nude photos was because of the way Rooey dissed her. Something along the lines of 'what's that slag doing here?' as I recall.
Unfortunately that was... all over the front and back pages.

And even more unfortunately, when Ms Duthie came clean and admitted she'd never even met Roo, let alone been verbally abused by him, well... that wasn't... :evil:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: