Nathan Freeman 2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintberra
Club Player

Re: Nathan Freeman 2

barneyboyz wrote:
Saintberra wrote:If this counts for anything, I was a 200m sprinter at state level. Late last year I had a grade 3 hamstring tear, followed by two grade 1's (one in May, one in August) and I have not even been able to come close to my original sprint speeds.

For me, it comes down to getting the striding pattern right and initial acceleration. It's fine running at 70-90%, but pushing beyond that you start to second guess your strength (it weirdly feels as much mental as it does physical)
I expect that with time on the park, that 70 - 90% will gradually raise to somewhere near 100%. Much rehab will be required, it's going to be time (for Nathan at least)
That's it. The change doesn't happen instantaneously, it happens over time. If all goes well he'll be playing VFL consistently from round 1 next year, from my basic understanding of hamstrings and confidence (obviously a lot more must be taken into consideration)

minneapolis
Club Player

saynta wrote:
supersaints wrote:
saynta wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:Happy to be corrected, but i think it was in Gary Buckenara's article on our list and he said he saw Freeman play for the devo squad late in the season and he looked way off the pace, not even looking likley at that stage...I'm not surprised given the amount of footy he would have missed...

And this is a point worth noting...For someone who's pace was a huge weapon, to have basically 3 years rubbed out of consistent training, and i'm talking about developing that pace, not even the footy side of things...going to be starting from a long way back. Plenty of talented sprint athletes in a track and field setting at a high school age (ie: Draft age) never develop into quality senior sprinters due to missing large chunks of training because of injury. It is in the long continuity of training at an elite level (which require above all else blessed good genes from a soft tissue perspective) that often seperates those that make it to those that don't.
Happy to go on record to say i tihink Freeman will be a bust for us. If proven wrong, will be very happy...but may vanish from this forum ;-)
So true.

I went to school with a guy who was the catholic collages champion sprinter. Best kid in the State over 100 metres

At Richmond, the coach, Hafey from memory said he was too slow. He ended up at either Fitzroy or the bulldogs.

His son went on to forge a good career at the doggies.
Champion sprinter, probably running away from the Priests...
That's a pretty offensive comment mate. Might be okay if it were true but we were taught by brothers not priests and

I'm yet to see any one from the order that taught me and the guy I referred to involved in any scandals.
I had six years with the Penguins (dried up old witches who bashed terrified children while they brainwashed them and taught a bit of math) and six years with the Brothers. Some good ones but nearly all of them were psychologically flawed. It explains why they chose that life. Sexual molestation was always around below the surface. I was approached a couple of times but was passed on because I was not vulnerable. Grooming was rife.

Saynta, that is why the joke is so funny. Because everyone knows how ingrained it was. Both priests and brothers, brother.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
saynta wrote:
supersaints wrote:
saynta wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:Happy to be corrected, but i think it was in Gary Buckenara's article on our list and he said he saw Freeman play for the devo squad late in the season and he looked way off the pace, not even looking likley at that stage...I'm not surprised given the amount of footy he would have missed...

And this is a point worth noting...For someone who's pace was a huge weapon, to have basically 3 years rubbed out of consistent training, and i'm talking about developing that pace, not even the footy side of things...going to be starting from a long way back. Plenty of talented sprint athletes in a track and field setting at a high school age (ie: Draft age) never develop into quality senior sprinters due to missing large chunks of training because of injury. It is in the long continuity of training at an elite level (which require above all else blessed good genes from a soft tissue perspective) that often seperates those that make it to those that don't.
Happy to go on record to say i tihink Freeman will be a bust for us. If proven wrong, will be very happy...but may vanish from this forum ;-)
So true.

I went to school with a guy who was the catholic collages champion sprinter. Best kid in the State over 100 metres

At Richmond, the coach, Hafey from memory said he was too slow. He ended up at either Fitzroy or the bulldogs.

That's a pretty offensive comment mate. Might be okay if it were true but we were taught by brothers not priests and

I'm yet to see any one from the order that taught me and the guy I referred to involved in any scandals.
I was taught by the Christian brothers as well, Saynta. Like any walk of life, there were great teachers, average ones and some dead set deviates, who in my day, were sent for a "sabbatical" in Orange, NSW, when there were "unusual activities" detected. Strangely, none ever returned from their sabbaticals. We all knew what was going in and one of the ways we coped was through humour. We even had a "shower monitor" in year 7. This was a brother who did not teach PE, but stood in the communal showers watching us and then made sure our backs and bottoms were dry as we left to get changed. It wasn't until a parent complained that the practice suddenly stopped and the brother in question was sent to Orange.

Personally, I was never molested myself. I enjoyed my time there, apart from the regular bashings, again from the same minority who were the wierdos. Maybe I wasn't attractive enough. It's always a minority of bad eggs that ruin it for everyone. Humour is subjective, and it's one of the reasons I come here. We have some very funny posters. At the risk of being labelled racist, the Springvale joke was also a pisser. I think most Asians would think so, too. Their cats, not so much.

De La Salle Brothers mate. No deviants that I know of , but I'm well aware of the chistian brothers.

Got a few mates that went to CBC StKilda. I'm a Malvern boy.

Dont understand the Springvale joke and I think the original joke on this thread was in poor taste.

Call me a wet blanket if you like but I do find jokes about rape or priests molesting young boys offensive.

I'm actually surprised you repeated the comment.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote:
saynta wrote:
supersaints wrote:
saynta wrote:

So true.

I had six years with the Penguins (dried up old witches who bashed terrified children while they brainwashed them and taught a bit of math) and six years with the Brothers. Some good ones but nearly all of them were psychologically flawed. It explains why they chose that life. Sexual molestation was always around below the surface. I was approached a couple of times but was passed on because I was not vulnerable. Grooming was rife.

Saynta, that is why the joke is so funny. Because everyone knows how ingrained it was. Both priests and brothers, brother.
Ingrained? Not in my experience, but then i may ave gone to school and church when people were more decent.

I was an alter boy at St Michaels, went to the local mick school and was taught by the nuns.

Went to De la Salle, Malvern. From 5th grade.

Never heard a rumour of anything untowards. I have asked old school mates since. Nothing.

Sure I was belted. Still hate the pricks, but see them falsly accused ? Never.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So that must mean it never happened?

I suggest you watch Spotlight?

Sheds some light on the Catholic Church and their cover ups... Disgraceful!!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:So that must mean it never happened?

I suggest you watch Spotlight?

Sheds some light on the Catholic Church and their cover ups... Disgraceful!!!

I'm not saying that at all. Only that it didnt happen in my particular church . Father Bob was one of the priests.

Or in my school to my knowledge.

I have never seen any report or suggestion that DE LA SAlle brothers at the Malvern school were molesting boys in the 1950's or 6o's

How the f*** that you get a complete denial from me about sexual molestation in the church from my above posts.

I thought you were a school teacher and therefore would possess a basic knowledge of english expression.

My bad.

Fyi what went on in the catholic church and the cover ups sickens me. Still,

the jokes above, or what it's worth, are still offensive.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hey, you're the one getting upset about this?

Defending the Catholic Church wrt sexual misconduct is a bit strange, by denying you know nothing about it means about as much as George Pell trotting out the same garbage. It's inexcusable, it happened, everyone knows
Don't care if it happened at De La or not... It was rife around the world
Disgusting men abusing their power and trust to get the rocks off... At the expense of innocent kids. It Happened!!!

They (the church) deserve to be the butt of jokes.

So don't cry foul, when people call it...

thefatdork
Club Player

Hi Saynta - I was a De La boy too. Had a great time and loved the school but you should google Brother Ibar Keating - a shocking paedophile who was at De La in Malvern when I was there.
TFD

supersaints
Club Player

Ok I aplogise to the Church, all those who I offended and in particular slow runners.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!