Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down

fugazi wrote:Armo to Gold Coast and use the pick for Weller

Steven, Mitchell, Acres, Gresham, Newnes first rotation
Ross, Dunstan, Billings, Weller L, Weller M next rotation
Savage, Minch, Sinclair, Lonie can all spend time in there too.
(That leaves Roo, Monty and Gilbert out of equation)
Equation ? I don't want equality.

I want superiority.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

whats the obsession of giving up a good player (armo) for a plodder at a bottom three team with potential (L Weller)?

Rosco
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:whats the obsession of giving up a good player (armo) for a plodder at a bottom three team with potential (L Weller)?
window. armo's one very good year not looking likely to happen again.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:whats the obsession of giving up a good player (armo) for a plodder at a bottom three team with potential (L Weller)?
Plodder??? Is very quick. L.Weller is no plodder.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So Armo has only had 1 good year??

Not very accurate there are you?

Playon
Club Player

Well the other thing to consider is to get Mitchell in we'd have to trade, most likely in a pick rather than trade,
But then its only a bit of hypothetical fun

Captain Impossible
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
Captain Impossible wrote:Surely Sydney won't let Mitchell go after tonight's first half?

They may well have the problem of simply not have enough cash with committed contracts.

However if the Swans go all the way Tom may well sign on again for less than he wants. So how driven Tom is for more $$ may well be the key.

Yea, I get it.

But wouldn't they let others go ahead of him? The engine room of Mitchell, Hannebery, Kennedy, Parker and Jack must be the most potent in the AFL.

As shown tonight, "DangerWood" didn't get it done. A midfield of their quality is arguably the best in the afl.

So if I'm managing the list, I'm thinking that you need to cut some fat elsewhere.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Captain Impossible wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Captain Impossible wrote:Surely Sydney won't let Mitchell go after tonight's first half?

They may well have the problem of simply not have enough cash with committed contracts.

However if the Swans go all the way Tom may well sign on again for less than he wants. So how driven Tom is for more $$ may well be the key.

Yea, I get it.

But wouldn't they let others go ahead of him? The engine room of Mitchell, Hannebery, Kennedy, Parker and Jack must be the most potent in the AFL.

As shown tonight, "DangerWood" didn't get it done. A midfield of their quality is arguably the best in the afl.

So if I'm managing the list, I'm thinking that you need to cut some fat elsewhere.
Easier said than done. ie Heeney gets off his 2 year minimum deal now and goes on to a much bigger deal. How big? I don't know but he has more potential than Tom.

Aliir Aliir was drafted in 2013, and luckilly for the Swans is signed till 2018. But geeze afte emerging this year his next contract will go upa huge amount.

Papley is a rookie and will be elevated. So he will get more $$$. Not huge of course but it adds up.

And there is the rub, they have a lot of very good young talent. The Salary Cap is meant to squeeze out good players from good teams. well for once it may.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ace
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

Yea, I get it.

I've got 20kg you can cut, but only if you are an expert surgeon.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Yea, I get it.

Easier said than done. ie Heeney gets off his 2 year minimum deal now and goes on to a much bigger deal. How big? I don't know but he has more potential than Tom.

Aliir Aliir was drafted in 2013, and luckilly for the Swans is signed till 2018. But geeze afte emerging this year his next contract will go upa huge amount.

Papley is a rookie and will be elevated. So he will get more $$$. Not huge of course but it adds up.

And there is the rub, they have a lot of very good young talent. The Salary Cap is meant to squeeze out good players from good teams. well for once it may.
They could always renegotiate Buddy's contract.
Like 1 mill a year less would leave some room.
Alas his woman has already spent it all for him.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Whilst they got Heeney and Mills... And Mitchell for bigger all

They won't be able to keep them for nothing

Their midfield Kennedy, Jack, Parker, Hannebury, Mitchell bats so deep
With Flankers Heeney, Mills, McVeigh, McGlynn able to go through

Good small defenders
Good small forward
Bookends

They have a very complete team

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Jaxons, speak to your contacts & make sure we throw the bank at Tom Mitchell. I don't care that he's committed to the Hawks, come in over the top with a rediculous offer he can't refuse. He has hands like Sam Mitchell & is made for finals, tough footy.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Myron Gaines wrote:Jaxons, speak to your contacts & make sure we throw the bank at Tom Mitchell. I don't care that he's committed to the Hawks, come in over the top with a rediculous offer he can't refuse. He has hands like Sam Mitchell & is made for finals, tough footy.
Hands like Sam Mitchell but unfortunately not feet. Very good player who would definitely compliment our mids nicely but please don't 'throw the bank' at him. Offer him something very enticing which I have no doubt we are doing - but he isn't worth a godfather offer such as one you'd make a Dusty or Shiel type player.

Not a criticism of anyone in particular but I find it interesting that Rockliff doesn't get half as much love as Mitchell does from outside supporters. Perhaps its age, perceived attitude or something else - but Rockliff is built out of the same mould as Mitchell and does everything he does to a higher level.

If dream trades were tiered, your first tier would have Fyfe, Shiel and Dusty, second tier down Rockliff and Mitchell.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Rosco
Club Player

BigMart wrote:So Armo has only had 1 good year??

Not very accurate there are you?
Multiple good years. One very good year.

To the top
SS Life Member

To consider losing Armitage is a nonsense.

And Fugazi's 3rd line is also a nonsense.

The danger (excuse the pun) with recruiting a Dangerwood or a Treloar is that you get ahead of yourself in reasoning that such a player is going to have you still competing at the end of September.

It is team - and structure.

Armitage is a vital component of both team and structure - and he is now receiving support from other contributors starting with Acres and Ross.

I would much rather build that way than chase a "name" - because as Dangerwood and Treloar show they are only one player.

And one player can only get you so far.

Geelong got the taps, Dangerwood and Selwood got the ball and it went inside 50 - and promptly came out again hence the result.

Rosco
Club Player

I like armo. He is a good player, and he seems like a nice bloke, always nice to the kids at family days and to chat.

But say he wanted to go back to qld and we could get something in top 20-25 for him, I'd do it.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:I like armo. He is a good player, and he seems like a nice bloke, always nice to the kids at family days and to chat.

But say he wanted to go back to qld and we could get something in top 20-25 for him, I'd do it.
I dont get the go back to Qld line. McKay is a 1000km north of the gold coast.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Happy for Armo to stay but he has currency still and is probably on the gradual decline.
We've been good at picking up young blokes last 3 drafts.
If we thru everything at Mitchell (23) and L.Weller (?20) we would be getting in 2 x 8-10 yr players that we onow will be very good.
I don't mind if we used this years and next years first rounders...time to strike!

Nee!
jaxons
Club Player

Armo not being traded save your breath.

Darth Vader
Club Player

jaxons wrote:Armo not being traded save your breath.
Good to hear. Would hate to lose Armo. Great leader and player - body wasn't right in 2016.

Long Term Injury
Club Player

Any developments Jaxons?

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:To consider losing Armitage is a nonsense.

And Fugazi's 3rd line is also a nonsense.

The danger (excuse the pun) with recruiting a Dangerwood or a Treloar is that you get ahead of yourself in reasoning that such a player is going to have you still competing at the end of September.

It is team - and structure.

Armitage is a vital component of both team and structure - and he is now receiving support from other contributors starting with Acres and Ross.

I would much rather build that way than chase a "name" - because as Dangerwood and Treloar show they are only one player.

And one player can only get you so far.

Geelong got the taps, Dangerwood and Selwood got the ball and it went inside 50 - and promptly came out again hence the result.
His name is DangerFIELD.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Good to hear, luv his attack on the ball, injured or not

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Thanks Jaxons love Armo,heart & soul!

PADDLEPOP1000
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:
Good to hear, luv his attack on the ball, injured or not
Also goes alright attacking his opponents with the ball

Would love for him to get a chance in a big final

Has been and will continue to be a great on field leader