If the stupid Dogs can have their own VFL team......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

citywest

If the stupid Dogs can have their own VFL team......

then we should have ours as well.
Not to mention the women's team. Why the f*** are we so s*** at everything. Tasmania, Seaford, VFL team ffs. How about we get someone decent to right the ship before it is too late. It is only a matter of time before the AFL start actively looking to get rid of a Victorian team again. As it stands now I hate to admit it but it will be us. We need to bed down New Zealand as soon as possible. Two games a year in Auckland plus a pre-season game. Then we have to get our own VFL team up and running and a women's team. Time is running out!!

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Re: If the stupid Dogs can have their own VFL team......

I loved it how about a month ago some flog named shitypest cracked it , and made the statement " i'm off to big footy and never coming back !"
" Never " as we all know mean's three weeks .
Then low and behold we get this post .

In the words of tricky dicky " I am not a Troll ! "

In red white and black from 73
citywest

mr six o'clock wrote:I loved it how about a month ago some flog named shitypest cracked it , and made the statement " i'm off to big footy and never coming back !"
" Never " as we all know mean's three weeks .
Then low and behold we get this post .

In the words of tricky dicky " I am not a Troll ! "
I said I was taking my business to BIGFOOTY. I didn't say I wasn't coming back.
The way things are going if St Kilda don't get their act together in the next decade, we will not have a team in the AFL post 2030. People can call me a troll all they like but I stand by what I am saying.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why are we just allowed to personally abuse City West?

Regardless of popularity of what he comes up with... This is what I'm talking about with the mods!!!

They'll allow this, have allowed it many times, have done so with me!!

Warnings for not quoting, warnings for disagreeing with them... When it comes to protection from unnecessary vitriolic abuse of a personal nature... It just depends who it's directed at...

I don't agree with City West much, don't abuse him either.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The man has a point. I agree with us having our own VFL team to develop our players. If we are not for profit organisation anyway, why don't we have our own reserves team to develop our players and drill them to play so that they are ready to come into the senior side when selected? It doesn't make a heap of sense.
Hawthorn's alignment with Box Hill has been very successful and I wonder if the new Zebras partnership is going to look more like that from next year - can an ITK clarify this?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Just read this thread.

To answer the OP. Some valid points but NZ is not the answer until Aukland has it's own afl sized ground. The women's team comes next year. The VFL team issue is delicate and remember the Hawks / Box Hill alignment is hardly a failure. We have higher priorities given how much control we have in our alignment with Sandringham.

Matt Finnis is doing a brilliant job. Best we have ever had.

As for CW being called shittypest

1) nobody has actually reported it. (Not even CW)
2) we assess reports (and any major issues we find in our reading)
3) we have previously warned reported cases exactly like this and the warnings shown in each post
4) in this case (no report) we feel a PM to the abuser will be sufficient
5) BigMart along with many others receive PMs requesting behavioural change on such issues BEFORE warnings are issued
6) the expectation that we would have acted within 16 minutes of a post is a nonsense
7) the proposition that we have warned ANYONE for an opinion that we disagree with is false and insulting
8) the accusations of bias are however meaningless as BM freely admits he has never read the forum rules and follows his own

As voluntary administrators and moderators we shall respond to each report made from the community and measure the reported post and measure it (in context) against the forum rules. We may find other breaches in our personal and casual reading (sometimes days after the post) and we may act as we see fit (as stated by the rules) in either circumstance - to PM, warn or ban - when the rules state it is required.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
asiu
Saintsational Legend

the accusations of bias are however meaningless as BM freely admits he has never read the forum rules and follows his own
Legend !!
:)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
citywest

BackFromUSA wrote:Just read this thread.

To answer the OP. Some valid points but NZ is not the answer until Aukland has it's own afl sized ground. The women's team comes next year. The VFL team issue is delicate and remember the Hawks / Box Hill alignment is hardly a failure. We have higher priorities given how much control we have in our alignment with Sandringham.

Matt Finnis is doing a brilliant job. Best we have ever had.

As for CW being called shittypest

1) nobody has actually reported it. (Not even CW)
2) we assess reports (and any major issues we find in our reading)
3) we have previously warned reported cases exactly like this and the warnings shown in each post
4) in this case (no report) we feel a PM to the abuser will be sufficient
5) BigMart along with many others receive PMs requesting behavioural change on such issues BEFORE warnings are issued
6) the expectation that we would have acted within 16 minutes of a post is a nonsense
7) the proposition that we have warned ANYONE for an opinion that we disagree with is false and insulting
8) the accusations of bias are however meaningless as BM freely admits he has never read the forum rules and follows his own

As voluntary administrators and moderators we shall respond to each report made from the community and measure the reported post and measure it (in context) against the forum rules. We may find other breaches in our personal and casual reading (sometimes days after the post) and we may act as we see fit (as stated by the rules) in either circumstance - to PM, warn or ban - when the rules state it is required.
I agree that Matt Finnis is doing a good job but I fear that time is running out. People keep thinking that if we draft well and develop a good culture and win a premiership all will be good. This is not the case, we were very good for 10 years but at the end of that era we were broke again.....to the tune of $10Mill in the red. I'm telling you guys right now, it is only a matter of time before the AFL start to actively look/force a Vic team out of the comp. The next expansion teams will be a third team in WA and a team in Tassie. Right now as it stands St Kilda is right in the firing line. The Bulldogs have got Ballarat, the Dees play in NT and the Kangaroos play in Hobart and St Kilda have got........? Finnis has to make sure that the ground in Auckland is re-configured for AFL as soon as possible by asking/insisting that the AFL contribute money towards it. Once complete we need to fully commit to the venture, no half arsed commitment. Two home games per year and a pre-season game as well. Finnis should also request that the AFL give us NZ as our own Academy ala the Northern Academies. If we do this right then I see no reason why we cannot have 10,000 kiwi members within 10 years. This is how we will sure up our future, good drafting, good development and good culture is the bare minimum requirement,but that alone will not keep the wolves at bay when the AFL come knocking on the door to force a Vic team to relocate to Tassie.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Is this the only post CityWest has been abused in??

Yet it continues... Just like sledging in cricket, if unchecked it worsens.

I guess he must be a 'flog' in the eyes of the moderators.

And honestly,

How many people would bother themselves to read the rules. I think they'd be pretty obvious.

BFUSA
I love it when your tone has a nasty edge, defensive for a reason. But it's the other one with whom I have a bigger problem.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

I love it when your tone has a nasty edge, defensive for a reason.
hahaha
... turns me on as well.

very becoming.
very Leadership.

though , i do like the mod ... reckon he does decent work generally
....and has an honest intent towards fair dinkumness

citywest , without doubt , cops gobfulls continually ,
which IS odd , given that the gobon is Public Enemy #1 around these parts

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
HarryM
Club Player

BigMart wrote:
BFUSA
I love it when your tone has a nasty edge, defensive for a reason. But it's the other one with whom I have a bigger problem.
Yes, the other one is so easy to read, and predictable as the weather.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Harry M............................ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the voice of .......... reason (?) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)