As if Jobe was ever going to quit!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: As if Jobe was ever going to quit!

#sobrave

#lethimkeepit

#stagemanagedcampaign

markp
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I'm reliably informed he spent most of his time in New York, not with Gumbleton's girlfriend, but Hugh Jackman. It is alleged they are more than just mates.

That can't be right unless Deborah Lee wears a strap on? :shock:
Dunno about Jobe, or Deb....

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Teflon wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I'm reliably informed he spent most of his time in New York, not with Gumbleton's girlfriend, but Hugh Jackman. It is alleged they are more than just mates.

That can't be right unless Deborah Lee wears a strap on? :shock:
This could explain why hugh is continually having work done on his nose .
It's not skin cancer , it's Deborah lee's strap on inflicting the damage ! :shock:

In red white and black from 73
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Deborah Lee Furness is one of the biggest "beards" in Hollywood. This rumour has been doing the rounds for years. Can't confirm if it's true or not, but my source is usually reliable and not given to hyperbole. Can't say I was entirely shocked. My son went to Xavier and the rumours were about when Jobey was still there. Some of the nastier boys called him 'Jobby' behind his back. As in head jobby.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

TOTY

Keep it up.

I am a sucker for gossip :D (pun intended).

saintbob
SS Life Member

What he should've have is a Brownlow medal hanging around his neck still!!!

WTF is all the fuss about what his sexual preferences are, Do we like Molly any less because he's gay???

Some posters on here need to grow the f*** UP!!!

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Deborah Lee Furness is one of the biggest "beards" in Hollywood. This rumour has been doing the rounds for years. Can't confirm if it's true or not, but my source is usually reliable and not given to hyperbole. Can't say I was entirely shocked. My son went to Xavier and the rumours were about when Jobey was still there. Some of the nastier boys called him 'Jobby' behind his back. As in head jobby.
You'd have to have consumed a fair portion of a slab before finding Deb, the beard, attractive enough to want to have "relations" with her....

No wonder Hugh is hangin with Jobby.. :shock: :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Would so love to add this to Edope thread. Would be epic! Jobs and Hugh do know each other, as can be seen below.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainme ... 12c3540cbc

http://www.zerohanger.com/jobe-watsons- ... kman-6801/

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:
Would so love to add this to Edope thread. Would be epic! Jobs and Hugh do know each other, as can be seen below.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainme ... 12c3540cbc

http://www.zerohanger.com/jobe-watsons- ... kman-6801/
Where there's smoke, there's blue cod, Rushie! :D

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:What he should've have is a Brownlow medal hanging around his neck still!!!

WTF is all the fuss about what his sexual preferences are, Do we like Molly any less because he's gay???

You're the only one making a fuss about it. It's just a rumour. No one is excited over it but your good self. Take a couple of deep breaths.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:What he should've have is a Brownlow medal hanging around his neck still!!!

Fair point. Couldn't care less who his bonks, as long as they take his Brownlow away is the main thing.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Deborah Lee Furness is one of the biggest "beards" in Hollywood. This rumour has been doing the rounds for years. Can't confirm if it's true or not, but my source is usually reliable and not given to hyperbole. Can't say I was entirely shocked. My son went to Xavier and the rumours were about when Jobey was still there. Some of the nastier boys called him 'Jobby' behind his back. As in head jobby.

I guess its a natural progression from Windy Hill to Brokeback Mountain

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:

:D :shock: Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:

Well Jobe has shown he's not particularly fussy about what is injected into him.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

He is called Huge Axe Man.

I know I know. Immature.

loris
Saintsational Legend

OK I guess someone has to ask it........what is a beard? Apart from men's facial hair.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:OK I guess someone has to ask it........what is a beard? Apart from men's facial hair.
I didn't know either loris until i googled it the other day - its slang for a woman or man who marries a secretly gay person( a celeb who doesn't want it public i guess) to make it look like said celeb is straight. Sumfin like that

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

The male equivalent of the beard is known as a handbag. Marries a lesbian to conceal her homosexuality in public. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

loris
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:
loris wrote:OK I guess someone has to ask it........what is a beard? Apart from men's facial hair.
I didn't know either loris until i googled it the other day - its slang for a woman or man who marries a secretly gay person( a celeb who doesn't want it public i guess) to make it look like said celeb is straight. Sumfin like that

This site continues to 'educate' eh "Stevie". Thanks for enlightening me....... I can pigeonhole that in the recess of my brain and bring said info out at a most inappropriate time for shock value :shock: :shock: in conversation. Most youngies these days do not expect dear little old ladies like me to be up with such terminology. They think we've led such pure, dull, eneventful lives :wink:

Once again Saintational thanks for the 'education' :P

loris
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:The male equivalent of the beard is known as a handbag. Marries a lesbian to conceal her homosexuality in public. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Well that interpretation has changed a little over the years WW. In my days, we called 'handbag men', the fellows that looked stunning hanging off your arm, made all the other girls envious when you trotted up to a party or social event with these stunning hunks. However, you couldn't let anyone indulge them in conversation, they were usually quite dumb and illiterate, all brawn no brains, the types that squashed their brain when they sat down.!!!!!! Still they looked good in photos, when one looks back on old snaps.

In fact earlier this year, three old friends and I had a meeting in Hobart. We all used to work together at Russell Street Police HQ's in the 1960's. We meet up every 5 years, and always have a theme to our weekend away - this year it was to bring along photo's of 'handbag men' we had been out with in those days. If we didn't have the name of these fellows written on the back of the photo, we wouldn't have recalled them them at all as their personalities and intellect didn't impress - but their looks sure did.

WW - you being an ex-plod, you'll appreciate this story at the sort of fun & games these 3 friends and I used to get up to.

We had a work function to go to. It was at the home of Rupert Arnold who was the Chief Commisioner of Police at the time.

The four of us didn't have any steady boyfriends at that stage, we were getting desperate who to take to this do, as we hadn't been able to find any suitable boys at town hall dances.

A day or so before this party the American Fleet came into town. We went to an Australian/American function - picked up just the blokes we needed - Four of the biggest, blackest Negro's you could find - and took them to 'Sheep's Head's (Rupe Arnold) party. And wow were those guys a sensation, they danced with and wooed all the wives of all the brass that were at Rupe's party. Gee there were some hubbies who were really 'p1ssed' off with their wives. We had photos of this night and our negro ' handbag men' when we met in Hobart last April. Caused us much mirth & merriment remembering that night.
Really, I don't suppose I could classify these men as 'handbag men' they were really intelligent naval men, who had travelled and knew much more about the world and life than we did. Real gentlemen.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Great story, loris!

loris
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar. I think you'll find Sue Rhodes originated the word 'handbag man' in her book 'And Now You'll Think I'm Awful'.

Germainne Greer and Sue Rhodes were our hero's in the late 60's early 70's. Whereas Greer was all seriousness with her hit you over the head feminism. Sue Rhodes was all humour and ephemeral in her take on feminism. ' And Now You'll Think I'm Awful', became my single girl's bible. I can recall years later my hubby looking for something to read amongst my books and read it. He lamented, he wished he'd read it when he was a young teen- twenty something fellow, it would have unlocked the mystery of women so much earlier in life to him.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:White Winmar. I think you'll find Sue Rhodes originated the word 'handbag man' in her book 'And Now You'll Think I'm Awful'.

Germainne Greer and Sue Rhodes were our hero's in the late 60's early 70's. Whereas Greer was all seriousness with her hit you over the head feminism. Sue Rhodes was all humour and ephemeral in her take on feminism. ' And Now You'll Think I'm Awful', became my single girl's bible. I can recall years later my hubby looking for something to read amongst my books and read it. He lamented, he wished he'd read it when he was a young teen- twenty something fellow, it would have unlocked the mystery of women so much earlier in life to him.
Hey Loris, that story about you and your hunties is the dime....you must have been snatched max. Thanks for asking what a "beard' is coz I didn't know either. Jobe and Hugh, I ship them so hard.

Important I know to be able to cut it with up to date slang.
Don't want to be extra about it sis, coz if you had of asked me an hour ago, IDEK boots.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/14- ... 0245c88cec

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

My contacts tell me that Jobe Watson has been sleeping with Liza Minnelli's ex-husband who is based in New York. But don't shoot the messenger.

No matter what, Watson will either be a shamed winner who had to hand back the medal, or a drug cheat who unfairly beat his competitors.

Stained and soiled.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
loris
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
loris wrote:White Winmar. I think you'll find Sue Rhodes originated the word 'handbag man' in her book 'And Now You'll Think I'm Awful'.

Hey Loris, that story about you and your hunties is the dime....you must have been snatched max. Thanks for asking what a "beard' is coz I didn't know either. Jobe and Hugh, I ship them so hard.

Important I know to be able to cut it with up to date slang.
Don't want to be extra about it sis, coz if you had of asked me an hour ago, IDEK boots.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/14- ... 0245c88cec

StB .......... so pleased you linked the Huffy Post decoding - otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue of what you were posting :P