Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: Jaxons come on down

jonesy wrote:Lots of little whispers popping up about us in the past few hours, but no names given. Someone give us something on this cold and miserable day
Have Patience, all will be revealed, multi-club/player deals take time, many, many pieces to a puzzle b4 it can be complete!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
minneapolis
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote:From BF:

"I expect 2 trades today. 1 will leave fans either optimistic or annoyed but will need to wait until end of the trade period to fully understand it. If it comes off we will have had in my opinion one of the best trade periods of any club in recent memory."
Very well sourced prediction. But it is about Hawthorn, not St Kilda.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

stonecold wrote:
jonesy wrote:Lots of little whispers popping up about us in the past few hours, but no names given. Someone give us something on this cold and miserable day
Have Patience, all will be revealed, multi-club/player deals take time, many, many pieces to a puzzle b4 it can be complete!!!!!
Gees I hope you're right and we pull off something spesh

#gosaintas
Club Player

prwilkinson wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Gees I hope you're right and we pull off something spesh

he's never right

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote:

"I expect 2 trades today. 1 will leave fans either optimistic or annoyed but will need to wait until end of the trade period to fully understand it. If it comes off we will have had in my opinion one of the best trade periods of any club in recent memory."
Why was it placed in the StKilda BF Trading Thread then?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

It's on the st kilda thread and is about st kilda

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote:

Ahhh no it's not

#1 Ryder fan
jaxons
Club Player

Not sure it is true.

loris
Saintsational Legend

You blokes sound like a gossiping group of Country Women's Association members chatting over their backyard fences....... you'll run with any rumour. You are a lot of sweeties, you lift my day!!!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

What are your tips Loris? You are usually on the ball. Who do you think we will end up with trade wise?

Playon
Club Player

Put the kettle on Loris, more news to come

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Kettle is already boiling

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

loris wrote:You blokes sound like a gossiping group of Country Women's Association members chatting over their backyard fences....... you'll run with any rumour. You are a lot of sweeties, you lift my day!!!
I'd love some scones and jam right about now... mmm... it's been too long between scones.

loris
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:What are your tips Loris? You are usually on the ball. Who do you think we will end up with trade wise?
Wouldn't have a clue............. would love Rory Sloane, but I imagine he's untouchable. Also he ended up with a partner who is a SA lass, so guess no hope of Rory coming back to Victoria.

I just love the fun of following all the names that get thrown up here on S/S, and how the pack latches on and then convinces themselves how it will be the best trade ever. Enjoyable reading. :P

All I hope is we don't end up by getting players with suspect injuries and we can't get or keep them on the park.

I'd like for us to use our #10 draft pick on a new recruit. We have had some success in our young draft picks over the past 3 years. Try for a big fish next year, IMO, unless Rory Sloane wants to come to us ofcourse!!!!!! Think you can tell I'm smitten with Rory :wink:

loris
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Put the kettle on Loris, more news to come
OK kettle is bubbling away. However, I'd prefer to pop open the champagne bottle and let those bubbles pour free.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
borderbarry wrote:What are your tips Loris? You are usually on the ball. Who do you think we will end up with trade wise?
Wouldn't have a clue............. would love Rory Sloane, but I imagine he's untouchable. Also he ended up with a partner who is a SA lass, so guess no hope of Rory coming back to Victoria.

I just love the fun of following all the names that get thrown up here on S/S, and how the pack latches on and then convinces themselves how it will be the best trade ever. Enjoyable reading. :P

All I hope is we don't end up by getting players with suspect injuries and we can't get or keep them on the park.

I'd like for us to use our #10 draft pick on a new recruit. We have had some success in our young draft picks over the past 3 years. Try for a big fish next year, IMO, unless Rory Sloane wants to come to us ofcourse!!!!!! Think you can tell I'm smitten with Rory :wink:
I thought Rory's gal was a Vic gal who went the SA to be with him ... Or did they break up? She ended up on the telly.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Playon wrote:Put the kettle on Loris, more news to come
OK kettle is bubbling away. However, I'd prefer to pop open the champagne bottle and let those bubbles pour free.
Save some bubbles for me ... Either celebrate or drown my sorrows.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
loris
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:
loris wrote:You blokes sound like a gossiping group of Country Women's Association members chatting over their backyard fences....... you'll run with any rumour. You are a lot of sweeties, you lift my day!!!
I'd love some scones and jam right about now... mmm... it's been too long between scones.
Scones, jam & cream wilco. Now do you follow the Cornish tradition and have the cream on the scone and the jam on top of the cream? Or are you into the Devon tradition, jam on the scone first and cream on top of the jam?

I'm no good making pumpkin scones, Flo Bejelke- Peterson never came to the CWA meetings I attended to hand on her recipe.

Back to the gossip fellows, give me the latest recipe, that combines players we will trade out and picks we will give away for a 'big fish'. Could put us in a big stew :? :? :?

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Something seems to be brewing but I'm yet to see anything to suggest that it's nothing more than a bowel movement at this stage.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
loris wrote:

I thought Rory's gal was a Vic gal who went the SA to be with him ... Or did they break up? She ended up on the telly.
Dunno about the gal, BF, but I do know Rory's ol' man, Brandon, upped stumps (from Upwey way!!) and moved to SA to manage the pub Rory and a coupla other Crows (incl Dangerfield, I think) had bought.

They're very embedded over there. And, didn't he re-sign or extend, about this time last year (when we did show some interest, IIRC)?

Good fella, the old man, and always did pour a mighty fine draught ale. Although, if you're going to leave him in charge of a backyard BBQ, do a blood test first.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
loris
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
loris wrote:

I thought noddy04 put on this site once she was a lass from SA. See I'm repeating a rumour now. It's contagious this rumourmongering.
Hope she is a Vic lass, and they haven't split up and she wants to come back to Vic........ then there is a greater chance of me seeing Rory play for the Saints.

jaxons
Club Player

Just to be clear with everyone there is a sweeping rumour today that we have secured a deal to get Nat Fyfe in to the Saints.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:Just to be clear with everyone there is a sweeping rumour today that we have secured a deal to get Nat Fyfe in to the Saints.

Which part is clear??

That there is a rumour?

Or that it's true?

SaintWodonga
Club Player

playing for us in 2017?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:Just to be clear with everyone there is a sweeping rumour today that we have secured a deal to get Nat Fyfe in to the Saints.
Any hint of truth?

Bring back the Lockett era