Kelly and May

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kelly and May

WellardSaint wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I'm with you on this, JB. Whitfield is very gettable, my thauthes tell me. Hopper and Smith will be like Steele. Hidden guns looking for opportunity. We could get all three and still bid for Dusty. Don't forget Rockliffe and Pittard. Would cost us nothing but Salary cap space, which we have plenty of. The one no one is mentioning is Schache. I'd go hard for him. We need another tall forward as much as we need mids. Rumour mill has Paddy willing to go to Geelong. Three way swap with Brisbane is a possibility. Paddy to Geelong, Schache to saints, Geelong player and picks to Brisbane. Would you do it? I'd be sorely tempted, I have to say.

Paddy was friendly with one of the Brownless daughters as of June 2016, if he's still with her,
then Geelong would be attractive for him.
I think he is, or was up until this past weekend Wellard Saint. There is an article on Saints.com. Showing what Saints players were doing with their week off. There was a shot (instantgram, tweet or one of those thingies) showing Paddy and said Brownless offspring together at some holiday place. - think it was Byron Bay or may have been further north.

jaxons
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:I'm with you on this, JB. Whitfield is very gettable, my thauthes tell me. Hopper and Smith will be like Steele. Hidden guns looking for opportunity. We could get all three and still bid for Dusty. Don't forget Rockliffe and Pittard. Would cost us nothing but Salary cap space, which we have plenty of. The one no one is mentioning is Schache. I'd go hard for him. We need another tall forward as much as we need mids. Rumour mill has Paddy willing to go to Geelong. Three way swap with Brisbane is a possibility. Paddy to Geelong, Schache to saints, Geelong player and picks to Brisbane. Would you do it? I'd be sorely tempted, I have to say.

Do you just make stuff up or do you get people on BigFooty to do it for you?
Never read so much garbage in one post.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

jaxons wrote:

Shakespeare: "methinks thou doth protest too much"

i.e. if someone is so adamant about something NOT happening...
Like Marc Murphy crying wolf over his fashion blogger missus...

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

Are you stating Whitfield isn't open to a move or do you refer to the Paddy part as garbage?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Too true Jaxsons.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

Not made up. Just a few rumours that have been floated. Just looking at possibilities. By the time the trade period comes around, who knows? The Paddy speculation has been reported in the media. Is it true? Who knows? You certainly don't. The Paddy info comes from a senior footy writer who tells me That Geelong is more than interested in luring Paddy home. Nothing to do with St.Kilda. I believe Richo loves him too much to entertain a trade for him. I never said the saints would trade him. I doubt they would, but if Geelong came up with a "Godfather" offer, who knows? Read the post again.

Remember, it's only a fan forum. We're allowed to throw some scenarios around. Are you saying Whitfield is ungettable? If so, I think you are not as itk as you would have us believe. Would you ignore Rockliffe or Pittard? Both available and are RFAs. Didn't say we're after them, just thought they might be worth a look if nothing better was available. Hopper and Smith? Both being widely speculated on as probably moving for greater opportunity. They'll probably stay, but who knows? It's June. The club would be negligent if it didn't at least have a serious look at them. Like WS, I think you doth protesteth too much, Jaxons. A bit sensitive about Paddy. Where there's smoke there's blue cod old bean. Lighten up and tell us what you do know, instead of hurling insults. You've been very touchy of late. Is the pressure of being the site's self appointed itk beginning to tell?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I thought it was reported in the paper that Whitfield had re-signed with the Giants. Why would the Saints trade out a number 1 pick before he's had time to prove himself.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Not sure, magnifisaint. He and Smith are touted as re-signing at some point, but that pen had not been put to paper. In footy speak that usually means we want him to sign but his management is holding out for a better deal. Happy to be proven wrong. Do you have a source? I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least have a chance to get him. The boy can really play and he's a local.

stonecold
SS Life Member

White Winmar wrote:Not sure, magnifisaint. He and Smith are touted as re-signing at some point, but that pen had not been put to paper. In footy speak that usually means we want him to sign but his management is holding out for a better deal. Happy to be proven wrong. Do you have a source? I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least have a chance to get him. The boy can really play and he's a local.
Sounds to me that you have a personal connection of some sort, cause, he was pick 1, wasn't he? So, if you work on 'The Paddy Theory', he has way under performed!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
shrodes
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:I thought it was reported in the paper that Whitfield had re-signed with the Giants. Why would the Saints trade out a number 1 pick before he's had time to prove himself.
As far as I'm aware he hasn't re-signed.

From one month ago:
https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/ne ... trade-talk

Though he doesn't appear on the out of contract list
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/out_ ... ct_players

There was murmurs that he wasn't happy with how GWS dealt with the drug testing thing and wanted out, but who knows.

EDIT: He is signed up to end of 2018, my bad.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/gws-giant- ... osgh3.html
Last edited by shrodes on Wed 07 Jun 2017 10:43pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Not sure, magnifisaint. He and Smith are touted as re-signing at some point, but that pen had not been put to paper. In footy speak that usually means we want him to sign but his management is holding out for a better deal. Happy to be proven wrong. Do you have a source? I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least have a chance to get him. The boy can really play and he's a local.
Sounds to me that you have a personal connection of some sort, cause, he was pick 1, wasn't he? So, if you work on 'The Paddy Theory', he has way under performed!!!!!
I'd put a good deal of money on him coming home for 2018 season.
Where he goes, who knows?

I'm a big fan having watched him for many years.
Great runner, very good foot skills.
Mix between Goddard and Scully in type of play.
Is already a very good player, will be a gun IMO.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I desperately want to get Josh Kelly.

But I don't want us to become some private school boy club. This is what held Melbourne back for decades.
You're not into generalising are you Con.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

I suppose you never read your own then ? :D

HarryM
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Just ignore him jaxons, he thinks he's head of recruiting down at the Saints and really believes his fantasy stories. :D

jaxons
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Paddy, despite dating Bill Brownless's daughter, has no interest in going to Geelong, he is signed for a while, loves the Saints and is here to stay as long as we want him, which we do.
Whitfield is signed to GWS until the end of next year.
Hopper and Smith want to stay at Giants but may be squeezed out if Kelly stays a Giant.
Why would we go for Pittard when we have an abundance of half back flankers on the list?
Schache is not coming Saints.
Free country you can say what you want, although when you write stuff that has no truth or credibility you need to be held accountable.
Last edited by jaxons on Wed 07 Jun 2017 10:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

So who are we interested in then?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for that brilliant and insightful post. Up to the usual standard, Harry M. Maybe a bit of vicarious glory might get reflected from our itk, onto you. Judging by our self appointed itk's actual record I think I know who is fantasising. And you're right there, feeding him. Why does our resident itk give us some real news? All you and he have are some childish insults. Wow. Great stuff. Keep it coming. What I know about footy and the club might not take long to explain, but IF we added what you know, it wouldn't take a second longer.

jaxons
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:So who are we interested in then?
Interested in what is the best for the club.
There is nothing wrong with going to the draft with picks 4 and 8, which we currently have either.
All options are being explored.
Trading both our first round picks, trading one of them, and trading none of them.
A couple of our fringe players are being pursued by other clubs too, lots of water to go under the bridge.
Let's focus on winning some games and hopefully making the finals for now.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Wally (Brian Waldron) said on KB's show today on SEN that his sources are telling him that Kelly will stay at the Giants which may then release a Hopper type out the other side due to their salary cap.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
There is nothing wrong with going to the draft with picks 4 and 8, which we currently have either.
Trading both our first round picks, trading one of them, and trading none of them.
A couple of our fringe players are being pursued by other clubs too, lots of water to go under the bridge.
Well pardon me, Jaxsons, but with the greatest respect that post tells us nothing. It's more of the same. Bland broad statements without specifics. SP asked a legitimate question and you throw up a post that belongs in a politician's doorstop. Fair enough, if you don't know the answer, just say so. Anyone could've posted what you just did. Adds nothing.

I'm like the vast majority of posters on this site. I'm not an itk, but I still have some connections and have a couple of good friends in the media. I merely repeated what I was told by a journo, and given the nature of it, I thought it was worthy of discussion, given it involves our number one draft pick. If you find the speculation offensive, tell us why, or ring the GFC and give them a blast, because that's where it originated. As for the other suggestions, they are only that. Suggestions. Feel free to ignore, or contribute what you know to be correct. Plenty would be interested in that, me included.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Well May is off the table, he is about to announce he is re-signing at Gold Coast!!!!!

So, one less to speculate about!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
takeaway
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:
jaxons wrote:
Well pardon me, Jaxsons, but with the greatest respect that post tells us nothing. It's more of the same. Bland broad statements without specifics. SP asked a legitimate question and you throw up a post that belongs in a politician's doorstop. Fair enough, if you don't know the answer, just say so. Anyone could've posted what you just did. Adds nothing.

I'm like the vast majority of posters on this site. I'm not an itk, but I still have some connections and have a couple of good friends in the media. I merely repeated what I was told by a journo, and given the nature of it, I thought it was worthy of discussion, given it involves our number one draft pick. If you find the speculation offensive, tell us why, or ring the GFC and give them a blast, because that's where it originated. As for the other suggestions, they are only that. Suggestions. Feel free to ignore, or contribute what you know to be correct. Plenty would be interested in that, me included.

Just best to ignore WW, jaxons. Posts that are not even in the ballpark are best to skim over.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

As far as I know, when you're itk, they specifically tell you not to talk about it on places like this, or to anyone else

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
loris
Saintsational Legend

Proph3t of egan wrote:As far as I know, when you're itk, they specifically tell you not to talk about it on places like this, or to anyone else
Yes that would be my reading too

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kelly and Ma

jaxons wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Paddy, despite dating Bill Brownless's daughter, has no interest in going to Geelong, he is signed for a while, loves the Saints and is here to stay as long as we want him, which we do.
Whitfield is signed to GWS until the end of next year.
Hopper and Smith want to stay at Giants but may be squeezed out if Kelly stays a Giant.
Why would we go for Pittard when we have an abundance of half back flankers on the list?
Schache is not coming Saints.
Free country you can say what you want, although when you write stuff that has no truth or credibility you need to be held accountable.
Held to account by you, Jaxons? The moral compass of the site as well as oracle in residence? Wow, you really have drunk your own bath water, haven't you? Let's examine your post in a bit of forensic detail, shall we? I know you are not used to being challenged, but here goes.

1. No one said we are going to trade Paddy. Not for Schache or anyone else. My information, which comes from a senior writer is that Geelong believes Paddy is "gettable", either at the end of this year or next. They have had discussions as to what might be needed to lever him out as he would suit their upcoming needs. Their rationale is they could do a better job of developing Paddy than the saints (Geelong thinks they are better at everything than we are), he has strong family ties in the area and is dating a local girl who happens to be the daughter of a club legend. That's all. Would you do a deal if it came along is all I asked. You said no. And as you mentioned "we" are happy to have him, I believe you are referring to the club and not just yourself. :roll:

2. Whitfield is signed until 2018? Big deal. Contracts are broken every day in this game. Again, the right deal may prise him loose. Hopper and Smith are worthy options in my opinion. Kelly as well. So we are in furious agreement on this one. Of course we're not going to get all of them. One would do.

3. Yes, we do have too many half back flankers already. Pity they are not performing. In case you hadn't noticed we are one of the worst rebounding teams in the competition, meaning our incumbents are a long way short of what is required. Refer to The thread on defensive stats to see the ugly truth. Pittard would be an upgrade on all of them ATM. A player who is in AA discussions. Apart from Robbo and maybe Jill, we have no one performing at that level, or anywhere near it.

4. On a final note, I don't recall seeing anyone else in the room when I was given the tidbit of info. I note you haven't claimed to ba itk at Geelong, but enlighten us if you are. So, when you have no idea what you're talking about you need to be held to account. It is disturbing to think that an itk who speaks on behalf of the club would be so dismissive of any information which might indicate another club is targeting a required player. It has also been widely speculated on in the media, so it's hardly a secret.

Remember, Freo pinched Ross from under our noses and we do have a very sad track record of losing great players, don't we? Ditterich, Lockett, Stewart, Winmar, Everitt, Hall etc. so we do have priors for being a little careless with our stars. On a final note, I wonder what the club would think about a true ITK coming onto a fan forum? You've launched at a few more than me, when they had the audacity to challenge you. If you can't take a bit of constructive criticism, I suggest you build your cult over at BF.