Lack of Silk

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Lack of Silk

Yesterdays game it stood out that we lack a player who has the silk to grab the game by the neck for 10 minutes and kill the contest.

Steven threatened to however his disposal and goal kicking is not A grade level.

Acres looked to me most likely late in the 3rd with the goal from 50 and then should have had another in the square to get it back to 5 points on 3/4 time - don't get me started on that green ferret umpire 30, always kills us.

Aside from that there was no one I actually thought could do it. Billings has the skill but is still developing (a slow burn but will get there).

North had Brown and to a lesser extent Goldstien (once Longer injured) who were able to change the game.

I listed my top 5 players at the club on combined skill and game changing capacity as this is what A graders bring to the table. We fall very short in this area and are 2-3 years away IMO
Carlisle
Steven
Billings
Acres
Ross

The positive is 3 can still get better, the worry is that 3 haven't played 60+ games yet so where are the rest?

Too many of the same type players - Stevens, Armo, Dunstan, Newness,

No X Factor players

Furphy
Club Player

Re: Lack of Silk

Do any Saints players feature in any pundit's 'Top 50 AFL players 2018'?

stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: Lack of Silk

Maybe some posters on here could donate their panties to the club!!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯